October 1, 2014 | 1312 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Buttered Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by christianadivine

thanks to a suggestion my friend made and these reviews i decided to try buttered tan in my sample kit. i was pleasantly surprised since this foundation actually matched my skin tone. i'm a filipina and i've ALWAYS had a hard time matching my skintone to any foundation... they were always either too light or too dark but this foundation color matched flawlessly. i HIGHLY recommend this color to people of asian ethnicity and i'm glad i found it! i LOVE it! :]

UPDATE: This is my perfect SUMMER match, not so much as in my winter months. I'll have to try mixing it with a lighter foundation in winter (maybe golden light) and see if that helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by waterfairy

I was motivated to try this EM foundation in Buttered Tan because of adornedwithgrace's review, which was excellent! I am SE Asian, approximately MAC NC35/40, but with more olive/yellow than even these colors. I definitely have a hard time finding foundations that don't look too light or too pink. Buttered Tan is definitely very close, probably the closest match I've found for my skin tone. I have also tried BE Medium Beige, which I also found to be slightly too pink/peachy and somewhat obvious if I applied more than a thin layer. I also tried the EM Medium Olive but found it slightly too dark and too sallow (too much green) for my skin. I also tried Light Winged Butter but it was slightly too light. Until EM makes an even better match, Buttered Tan seems to be the way to go. Special thanks to adornedwithgrace for her great description!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

NOTE: This review is mainly to help describe the color; I'm hoping the reviews following mine will also look more at describing whether this color works for them, not necessarily as the foundation performance itself, since we'd have to have four separate reviews of the Buttered Tan in Intensive, Glo, Matte, & Semi-Matte. I know that those with skin tone like mine are searching high and low for the perfect color of foundation and this is a way for us to share how well it works for us so others don't have to keep searching and wasting hard earned money...
For those that are new to Everyday Minerals, this color is supposed to be the following ratio of current EM foundations: 3 parts WB Light Warm, 1 part Medium Tan Warm, & 1 part Medium Olive Neutral. It is fitting for Filipinas/SE Asian/Hawaiian skin tones that have the yellow and green tones (golden/olive). In fact, if you wear MAC NC30,35,40, this will likely be a good match for you. When I first started, I was using BE's Medium Beige, but it was just so peachy on me and looked rather fake. I permanently switched to EM last year about this time and used the Medium Beige Warm but it was still "off" and also a little too light. Remembering that the only foundation that ever matched me was Joe Blasco Golden Olive 5, I thought I needed to find a way to add some more gold & olive tones.
To make a long story short, Carina/EM have come up with this combination, and I think it works really well for my skin tone. If you are Asian (specifically the types I mentioned) I think this might be your answer. It is in between Medium Beige Warm & Medium Beige Summer Warm so if you find it too light, you can add a little of the Medium Tan Warm OR if you find it too dark, you can add the WB Light Warm. If it still lacks some of the golden and don't need anything lighter or darker, try the Golden Medium Warm as it is very similar it is just that Buttered Tan has more olive in it.
May your search be over!
continued >>