October 23, 2014 | 1873 users online

Bronzers - mark - Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder 2007 [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by pretzel4111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is there anything better than when, in our unending quest for the perfect beauty products, we find the occasional gem that instantly works and you know it's a keeper? Hands down, this is the best colored bronzer I've ever used. I can see from the reviews that I'm not alone. Can't believe I haven't heard more about this!! Amazing, subtle color (I'm NC20), doesn't make my face look dirty at all. I've got them all (Guerlain, Scott Barnes, NYC, Smashbox, etc.), and this one is perfection. Got if for nada off Ebay. This might be one of the rare things I need to buy backups for, in case they change the formulation or discontinue it. I like it that much. I like adding a tiny dot of pink cream blush on the apples to give it that oh-so-subtle pop. Try it, I doubt very seriously that you'll be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kelpri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As much as I liked mark's original Instant Vacation powder bronzer, it didn't have quite enough pigment for me. The new version, Bronze Pro, is definitely pigmented enough for me, and it has less shimmer. The color is a light golden brown, which I can imagine working on most skintones. It goes on smoothly and evenly, making me look like I actually got a real, light tan (which is nowhere near possible for a redhead like me!). The packaging is sleek - it's a black compact with 2 compartments: on top is the bronzer, and when you flip that up, you see a half-moon brush in the bottom ventilated compartment. The brush seems soft, though I must admit I've never used it. I just use mark's Powder Brush, which works perfectly. Overall, this is a fantastic bronzer that I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by christynhi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer!!! It seems every single bronzer I buy has too much shimmer in it, makes me look dirty, or is too orange (even bronzers on MUA Top Picks). I'm Asian and I tan easily, but my face is always paler than the rest of my body and this bronzer gives me the most perfect glow! The brush that comes with it is not bad at all and I can definitely see myself using it on-the-go.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jegallagh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using mark's current 2007 version of their bronzer. It is called the Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder. I haven't used bronzers before because I was afraid it wouldn't look natural. I received this bronzer as part of a special mark promotion and have been using it ever since. It has now become an everyday part of my makeup routine. The packaging is a sleek, mirrored black compact with a nice brush that fits in a compartment under the bronzer. The brush is actually of very good quality works well for application. The compact is sturdy and attractive. The powder itself is a matte finish. (Although there is a very very slight shimmer you really don't see it on your skin.) For only $8 dollars it is definitely a great buy! I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Magan315

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For once I am truly amazed by a mark bronzer. It's $8 for the compact that has a mirror and holds a decent quality brush under the powder (so the brush doesn't gouge into the powder when the case is closed). I've got pretty light skin (about a MAC nw20) and this bronzer is pretty perfect.

I haven't been wearing foundation I've just been using this all over my face. I like applying it with a regualr powder brush, but the little round brush that came with it isn't all that bad!!

The bronzer has a VERY slight shimmer, almost non existent! But it doesn't go on muddy or dirty looking like some matte bronzers.

I'm glad that this is part of marks permanent collection for the time being! I've e-mailed them asking and I was told it is a part of the cosmetics line indefinetly! I'm very happy as I will for sure be re-purchasing this bronzer!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think that most of mark's bronzers have been mediocre in the past, but this one looks boring, but is so natural and pretty when applied. It has the slightest big of shimmer, but imparts a lovely, bronzey glow to my cheeks. It's not frosty at all, so that I can actually apply it all over my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

I wasn't expecting too much out of this bronzer and was really pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, I like mark products overall, and I've used their bronzer (the Instant Vacation version) before with fair results, so I wasn't harboring any bias in that regards. The problem is that they totally re-vamped the formula more along the lines of their newly launched Powder Buff foundation which I decidedly hate. The packaging is exactly the same (no likey) and the powder has the same texture and look of the powder foundation only darker. There, I can gladly say, the comparisons end. This bronzer is actually very nice and leaves a nice bronze-rose flush on me (NW 25). It's sheer on application (used Flirt's Feather Dust-her skunk brush) and not at all sparkly. Lasted a good 3-4 hours (I'm oily) without a touch up. I love bronzers that look natural and glowy on without any garish sparkles. I would compare it in texture to Tarte's PAP, only less shimmery. Color-wise, it's more along the lines of Cargo's Matte Medium only a bit darker and not entirely matte. This one is a nice addition to your bronzer collection or can easily act as your one and only. For the price, a great product from Mark!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this year's bronzer from mark is a gorgeous, shimmery subtle bronzer that would be great for year-round bronzing. it has a slight golden glimmer to it, kinda similar to mac's beauty powders-just a subtle, glowy color, nothing dark or overwhelming. the packaging is the same as mark's powder buff foundation with the powder and mirror on top and a compartment underneath for the applicator. in this case, the applicator is a decent-quality flat brush with really soft bristles. i wouldn't use this for everyday application of this product, but for on-the-go touchups, this will be great. this is a great soft bronzer, and i think it would look great on nearly every skintone. continued >>