September 16, 2014 | 1475 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Azuree Soleil Skinscent Atomizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I was expecting this fragrance to cost a lot more, but for the price you get a lot of product. The light blue bottle with gold detail is gorgeous! The fragrance itself is more coconuty and not as creamy as I had hoped, but it does smell really good. What's lovely and noteworthy about this is that it's not sickly sweet and it smells classy! Yesterday I was wearing Sensi White Notes during the day and craved Azuree Soleil later on, so I layered it on top when I got home - these 2 make a really delicious combo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

I like this, but not until it's dried down for about an hour. Maybe the test bottle at the store was contaminated or had gone bad, or maybe my chemistry is a little off with this one, but the vertiver note really took over for about an hour and not in a good way. Now that things have mellowed out my skin smells lovely- the coconut and gardenia notes are a little more present, so my skin really does smell warm and beachy. Although the reviews are really solid on this one I would definitely recommend trying this before buying, especially if you have a problem with vertiver. I got a bottle very cheap on eBay because I really like it after an hour, so I'll update if it turns out the tester was bad. I do almost like Bobbi Brown's Beach better than this one though, but I agree that this is sexy worn to bed.
UPDATE: I like this better now that the bottle has aged a little, and I especially like it when layered with my signature Stella McCartney- it ups the sweetness and floral notes, and mellows out the wood tones, which I don't think agree with me. I also catch a bit of the coconut note, which was missing before. I'm a fan now, I'll continue to use this during the warm weather although I think I might move on when the bottle is used up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jess55

This truly is a beautiful scent,really summery but think glamour and cannes rather than cloying coconut and cheap suntan oil.I love the packaging,its such a beautiful scent for summer's evenings.The only thing i dont like with this scent is it doesnt have great staying power.Other than that really really beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous! I found it @ my local Holts after patiently waiting for it to come to regular dept stores I found out it was only available @ Holt Renfrew. I immediately called & put this & the body oil on hold. This is exactly as others describe it: the perfect summer day @ the beach - a warm "skin" scent. I do find this more crisp then the body oil, less then average lasting time (but I love it) & stays close to the skin, something that someone would only smell if they were in close vicinity to you!
They only had 1.7oz sizes left, and only 4 of those...I bought 2 immediately lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by serenadonovan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The 24-Hour Fitness I go to is in my local mall, and so oftentimes after I work out I will go troll around Macy's for a few minutes checking out new items and sales. Last weekend I walked by the Estee Lauder counter and saw the new Tom Ford collection and it caught my eye. The counter was packed and without much thought I sprayed Azuree Soleil on and sauntered away.

The scent didnt strike me at first - it is subtle, and as other reviews have noted, that is one of the best parts about it. About 30 minutes later, I couldn't stop smelling myself. It is SUCH a pretty, passionate, summer scent. I bought it 2 days later and have been wearing it everyday. I will probably go get the oil now too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first heard about this scent i was not realy keen in trying it. But as i was walking through a department store one day i saw it and tried it........and bought a full-size bottle immediately. Imagine being on the top of a wonderful coconut tree with hundredes of cocunuts all around you and you are in a tropical paradise. The big, salty waves of the ocean are crashing on the beach and are mixing with the coconuts. Also, the suntan lotion of people basking in the sun is wafting up to you as well and creating the most beachy scent you have ever experienced. You decide then and there that you are going to build a tree-top home so you can smell this scent as you are relaxing in the comfort of your own home.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by impishnature

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't think you're walking into a tropical paradise scented with suntan oil, gardenias and fruity rum drinks. Azuree Soleil eau fraiche (spray - released in 2007) is almost a non-perfume. Remember back before you knew any better and you used to spend all day at the beach, laying out, rubbing oil on your body and playing in the ocean? You'd come home and take a shower, and your sunburned/tanned skin would start putting out heat big time. As your skin got hot from the sunburn, the scent of the tanning oil and salt was still there. Azuree Soleil is like that whisper, that fragrance that no longer whomps you over the head with TROPICAL or COCONUT or FLORAL, but it's still subtly scented with a pleasing sweetness and a hint of ocean breezes.

Yes, it has florals (tiare, orange blossom, jasmine, magnolia petals), but they're not strong. This is not a moist, tropical, big floral fragrance. The florals are mixed equally with coconut cream, caramel, myrrh, bergamot, mandarin, amber, sandalwood and vetiver.

When you spray it on, no one note stands out. Within a few minutes, it's calmed to...sun warmed skin. Very simple.

Because it's a very light skin scent, it's very appropriate for office wear, crowded elevators or cubicle farms. You're not likely to offend anybody with this as it's really a 'get close' kind of fragrance and, to me, it really does NOT scream BEACH! SUNTAN OIL! or anything like that. It's a whisper of a scent, a faint memory of the beach.

EDIT: I've had this for a couple years now and I find I'm bored of its subtle nature. Its non threatening/middle of the road-ness appropriate in some situations, but meh...I find myself craving more brazen summer scents.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jan0124

I got a sample of this today & was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this fragrance. It smells the way Bobbi Brown Beach should have.It's beachy & summery,but it's soft enough to wear year round.it smells like Bath & Body's Ile de Tahiti with more staying power.warm & spicy,it's delicious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by piratequeen

I love this fragrance! I have a bottle of the oil from last year, and was hoping EL would make this into a fragrance. Smells like a Tahitian paradise! The lasting power isn't great though, and I wish it came in a higher concentration.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by perfume12step

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the fragrance that MKors should have emulated with Hawaii. It is positively yummy and one of the the few fragrances that can (and should!) be worn to bed. You will dream of balmy breezes on a tropical isle. The single downside of this fragrance is the "limited edition-ness" of it. I have been told at countless Lauder counters that it will be permanently discontinued when TFord starts his own beauty line next year. I really hate it when companies use that to elicit freak out dollars from perfume addicts like me. This is a great product and should be expanded upon with addition body products and stronger concentrations of the fragrance.