October 25, 2014 | 1833 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I love this foundation. I never have issues with it breaking me out. It is perfect match for me as I have a yellow undertone. With a primer this last at least 8 hrs for me. I set it with a loose powder right after applying. This has a light coverage and I would say medium at most. If you have fairly good skin this would be perfect. It's easy to get the product out of the container because it has a pump. I never need to shake it as it comes as rathe thick. I have never experienced oxidization with my skin. This all depends on the primer you use in my opinion. I would buy this again because it has lasted me for about 4 months with about 4 times use in the week. My face looks flawless and it really does look like skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I worked at sephora, people constantly came in exchanging theirs because to pump broke. it is sealed in an air tight container and if you open it, you can't get anything out of the pump. so if you buy it, don't take the pump out.

as far as the foundation goes, it is one of the best at sephora! the undertones are good and the foundations give you luminous skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Vibrant77

I purchased the Smashbox Medium HD kit which includes this foundation in a smaller size pump.
I have imperfections and visible pores so I like a medium to full coverage. However, this seems to be light to medium. You'd have to layer it to have flawless coverage. I don't have time for that in the morning. I just want to apply once and go. As the weather gets warmer, the makeup won't hold up. I have to powder myself quite a bit, although I'm not oily. This contains SPF which makes me have whiteface in flash photography(yuk). I wouldn't purchase.

I'm sure people with nice even skin and very few imperfections would enjoy this makeup more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No no no no no! Even when you shake it, it comes out as watery junk. Come on, you're charging a lot of money for this stuff--I expect better quality for that price. Ladies, do not bother. Can't even describe the wear as I couldn't deal with how the product dispenses. I have used drug store brands with better dispensers than this. I am so mad. If I still had the bill I would take it back to the store and throw it at them! ARG!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by KoreanJuliette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this. The only reason I'm giving this two stars is because of it's packaging.
I absolutely adore the pump. I just hate the product inside of it!
This oxidized so hard on my skin that it made me turn ORANGE. When I put it on, my face felt sticky after thirty minutes, even AFTER I put on loose powder! The coverage is medium, but it melts and transfers off your face so easily that it doesn't even matter anymore.
Placing this on swap. This was NOT worth my money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

NOTE, these colros run DARK, but they are warm to neutral and perfect. I am a NC 25, usually a light, and was in this Fair 2. I love this! If you have normal to dry, rather clear skin you will love it as it is like nothing else. It smooths on like silk and I have gotten compliments from many people since wearing it, but they all say I look better without makeup and they are glad I am not wearing any! Truth is that this will offer up to med coverage, I use the Shu goat hair foundation brush, I think Cover FX has a cream foundation brush as good. This type of brush makes it "up" the coverage. It feels and looks like no makeup but yet covers my stray blemish, evens my skin with some brown spots and imparts a low lumimosity. Best yet it does not settle into lines at all, yet mositurizes beautifully. You won't like this if you have oily skin. You do have to shake the bottle, the color will change a lot to a beautiful beige, F2. You will get it right that way, unless you have time to go into Sephora or Nordstroms. I don't understand the bad reviews, but again you will like this if you have dry and somewhat clear skin. Then you are in for a real treat. But if you do have oily skin and need heavier coverage go with the MUFE IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to a local spa to buy the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation. Unfortunately, the lightest shade they had in stock was somewhere in the med/dark range. With me falling more under the "ridiculously pale range," the MA recommended I try the HD Healthy FX foundation because she really liked it and thought the lightest shade would match me. So I took it home and tried it out for a couple days. It turned out that the lightest shade (Fair) was too dark and orangey on me. It wasn't *horribly* so, but more than I'm comfortable with wearing. However, I did really love the finish of this foundation. It's comparable to UD's HD foundation (which I use and love), but this one seemed to have better staying power and coverage. Another possibly negative thing about it was that after the two days of wearing it, I ended up with two tiny zits on my forehead and a few on my chin. They were very small, but definitely not normal for me. The only problem is that I'm not sure if it was due to this foundation, or the new sunscreen I was trying out. (You'd think I'd know by now that it's not a good idea to introduce two new products at the same time like that.) I have to say though that I'm more inclined to say it was the foundation since I know it's heavy on the silicones. ETA: Okay, I know it's only been a few days since I left this review, but I have to change it. I decided that I might as well give it another try before returning it. This time I used the little sample packet of their Photo Finish Primer before applying the foundation. I also used a different application technique. The first time I used it, I used a regular foundation brush which is obviously not a good idea with this type of foundation. The second time, I did the first application with my fingers and then for the second layer I used the same foundation brush. So next time I just used my fingers and it looked WAY better and I think it prevented me from using too much product, which is a lot of what made it look too dark and orangey the first two times. I also have to admit that for the most part when I gave it the first trial run I was indoors because my son has been very sick and I'd hardly left the house. When I tried it again I was outdoors much more and really got a good look at it. It actually matches me very very well (could be just a smidge lighter, like maybe 1/4 of a shade which is no big deal at all) and it wore very well too. It looked great the whole work day, though I did find I needed to touch-up that night before going to my boyfriend's house. That's really not very uncommon for me with any foundation though. I pretty much always do that, just to make sure everything looks pretty and fresh. Also, I've had no more signs of breakouts and have determined that was due to the new sunscreen. Since I've been wearing it I've had a few people (my boyfriend being one) commenting on how "pretty" I look and how great my skin looks. I've noticed that I feel more confident wearing it, too. I'm not self-conscious about being in certain types of lighting, knowing that my foundation doesn't match. It's amazing how the right color match and finish can make a person feel so good! I've been so impressed by it that I went and purchased the Healthy Skin HD concealer (in Fair) and their Camera Ready concealer (in 2.0) which I will also review. I plan on getting the Studio Skin foundation next pay day, a To-Go size of their Halo Perfecting Hydrating powder, and a tube of their primer, followed by some blushes and more lipsticks. :) I'm really eager to try out more of the Smashbox line!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Stephy82

This foundation has a beautiful application and the perfect perfect color match!! I usually have a hard time finding the right color but i found it with this foundation. It looks great when first applied but as the day goes on starts looking bad as in fading creasing and just looking like ive been wearing it for 24 hours straight! Not a good look. Worst of all though is that it broke me out. Not extremely bad but bad enough. So i wont be using again and returned my bottle of this. Had it not broken me out i still think i wouldnt use or buy again because of it not holding up well during day. Some people spoke if it oxidizing but it didnt on me. Also didnt make me oily. But the breaking out is a no, and i really never do from makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by jmlamb07

I bought this around Christmas time as a kit with a primer, powder and foundation. The foundation was not that impressive and I am regretting this buy because I thought it was a good deal (around $50). I was disappointed with the foundation due to the minimal coverage and the fact after a few hours of wear, my skin looked like it did before the makeup was applied. Sadly, the only thing from Smashbox I will be purchasing is the primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

Let me tell you what skin type this foundation is perfect for: drier skin types who need light to medium coverage. If you fall outside those guidelines, get a sample first before shelling out $40 for a bottle.

I have never used foundation in my life, but I needed a bit more coverage than my Laura Mercier TM because my eczema has been yucky lately. This provides more coverage than a TM,but not much more. It's pretty sheer. I actually use half of my TM (it is an illuminating one) and half of this foundation and just rub it on with my fingers, because like I said, coverage is pretty sheer and doesn't need any special applicator to apply. I happened to find a perfect color match, so looks great on, and doesn't look like I am wearing any makeup. Dust a little setting powder on top and I'm good to go.

If you need full coverage, skip this foundation. If you have oily skin, you might want to skip this foundation too....this foundation has a lot of slip and I believe has silicones in it. My skin loves it but that is because my skin is very dry.

Edit: After using this for a while longer, I didn't like it at all. Too sheer, didn't last throughout the day, turned orange after a couple hours on the skin. I switched to Laura Mercier, which I use for everything else, and her foundation is a million times better.