December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 More reviews by shrimpski

This is the first face mask from Lush I have tried and I quite like it, I have it on right now!
When you first open the pot, the lavender is quite prominent, and is good for balancing the skin's oil production. Smells lovely too!
It also has honey and almond oil to moisturise the skin, kaolin and Fullers Earth (highly absorbing clay) to absorb oil, almond shells to exfoliate and agar agar to soften the skin.

I love applying it straight from the fridge, it's so refreshing! I leave it on for 15 mins, apply a little warm water and massage my face, then rinse off.

My skin is sooo soft afterwards, I can't help but touch it (bad I know!)! My face didn't feel tight either or dry. I bought this because I have oily skin. My skin stays shine free for a few hours, but it returns soon after that. It's not the mask's fault, it's just my annoying skin type. I'll have to try Lush's mattifying moisturiser and if that helps.

In Australia, a pot costs $15.95, lasts 3-4 weeks in the fridge and is said to have 5 masks worth in a pot. I get more than that, even though I try and apply as much as I can. I believe I get about 8-10 out of one pot, making it worth the money. To get my 8-10 masks within the use-by date range, I use it every 2-4 days depending.

Love Lettuce is recommended for normal to oily skin types, but I'm going to try Cupcake next (for teenage oily skin with breakouts) and see how that compares to Love Lettuce.

If you have normal to oily skin, I would definitely recommend LL, your skin will feel amazingly soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Love Lettuce! It's not too expensive, and it's a really refresing mask. My summer night job is making ice cream in a really hot drive thru, and my face just loves this after a rough night at work! It doesn't leave a greasy residue at all, and it makes my skin feel very soft after.

I usually put this on after I've washed off my makeup, leave it on for at least 10 minutes, rinse/massage off with warm water, and then I swipe on some Tea Tree toner. I'll purchase this over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by NotACliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin: Oily all over, VERY Acne prone, Uneven texture, Scarring.

This is the only facemask I have ever used up and repurchased. I love the cool feeling when applying it straight from the fridge and the smell is unobtrusive. It also doesnt break me out!

Once applied the mask takes about ten minutes to set, after that I splash some warm water onto my skin and gently massage the exfoliation beads over my face. Then I simply rinse it off.

My skin glows after each time I use this, it is left smooth and silky. Any redness is calmed down and any roughness has disappeared. It seems to help fade my acne scars a little too! I apply a small amount of moisturiser afterwards, either DDMG or sometimes Lush Enzymion.

I know many people hate putting their fingers into the product, but I just use a teaspoon to scoop out a little from the big pot. None goes to waste as you can get out every last drop :)

I went away from it for a while as I wanted to try a clay mask, and my Lush store was having issues with face mask deliveries, but I've just finished my first Love Lettuce mask from my new pot and I have remembered why I was in love in the first place!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by barsoap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fresh mask is great for exfoliation and making my skin soft. I do not have oily skin and generally have minimal problems with acne, so cannot comment on the mask's effect in this aspect. However, I have dull skin sometimes and Love Lettuce makes a really obvious difference in making my skin smooth and soft! It has a relaxing and cooling effect with its subtle lavender scent, and it is really value for money for how much use I can get from a pot. Lush recommends using it up within two weeks, but I generally use it a month beyond the expiration date with no problems. Since the almond grains can be harsh on skin, my usage is normally once weekly or at times fortnightly if I am busy. Recommended Lush product - it is one of the best and most economic exfoliators I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mask of all time so I hate how difficult this is to get. I have to go to the store every month if I want to get a pot of this, and it doesnt last very long (I think they said 2 weeks in the fridge?) and the last time I went to the mall just for this and they didnt even have any! They were out :(
And the cost per use is pretty high too I think. *sigh*
But for my oily acne prone skin it is fantastic - it is one of the FEW masks that does not sting my face. It leaves my skin feeling sooo smooth, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found that the exfoliating grains in this product were pretty harsh on my skin. When I washed it away it was actually quite painful and left my skin red! It was also very very drying and I had to slap on a load of moisturiser afterwards. Another point to consider is that it won't last very long, as because it has fresh ingredients it will go off in a few weeks, so not very economical (although better for your face).
I think that this would be better for someone with oily skin. The lady who recommended it to me probably went on the fact that I have a few spots on my chin; but overall my skin is dry so it wasn't really the best idea! Would be good for oily skin, but not for dry :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinapplemuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried out a lot of the fresh face masks from LUSH but this one really is my favourite.

I generally have dry and sensitive skin but I do have blackheads on my chin and enlarged pores on my nose, so I use this as a scrub as well.

When you apply it, it dries up really tight, so your face will feel tight and you won't be able to smile or talk without little crumbs of the mask falling off. If you don't like masks that get really dry and tight, this might be not for you, but I always find the feeling to be pleasant. It makes the skin tingle a bit in a nice way. I don't think it's too harsh either, because I do have sensitive skin.

When the mask has dried completely, I rinse my face with water. The mask gets wet again and now you can use it as a scrub. After I am done scrubbing, I just wash all of it off.

The skin feels very refreshed and at first your pores do seem smaller as well. I think that effect might probably vanish again later on. After the mask, wiping your face with a toner and using a light moisturiser might be good, especially if you do have dry skin.

Since LUSH fresh face masks are made from REALLY fresh ingredients, you have to keep them in your fridge all the time and use them up quickly. To be honest, it's quite hard to use up 100g in a month, so unfortunately, all of the masks that I have bought so far have gone bad after a while (more than a month, though, so they were legitly over their expiration date) and I had to throw away the remains.

So if you buy a little pot, you have to consider that you have to use this up within a month. It might be a good idea to purchase a fresh mask together with a friend and divide it up.

Since I really do like the mask's effect on my face, I ultimately have to say that I would buy this again, even considering its downsides.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

I didn't enjoy this. I feel that there are very similar alternatives that are much better! The main reason this product dissapointed me was because it was more like a scrub than a mask to me.

From Lush, I feel that the Mask of Magnaminty is a better alternative. It is VERY similar to Love Lettuce in appearance and function, except it's has better results, and the product itself lasts longer. I think that MoM smells much better too :)

Alternatively, it's also VERY similar to the St. Ive's Apricot or Green Tea scrub! The texture is sort of between, less harsh than the Apricot but a little grainier than the Green Tea. The only difference here is that while the Love Lettuce is marketed as a mask, the St. Ive's is marketed as a scrub. I really think they're they're just the same thing though and produce the same results (not much other than short living smooth skin).

All in all I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but would recommend the other alternatives I have listed instead. The MoM because it has really good results, and the St. Ive's because it's cheap. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleClara

I love Lush face masks. I have kind of routine in place. I alternate between Love Lettuce and Catastrophe Cosmetic during the week. I use Love Lettuce about twice a week sometimes three times. It is very much worth the money.
After I use it, not only my skin feels fresh but looks clean as well. It works very well if you have an oily T-zone, and your pores tend to get clogged.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, this has a wonderful scent of lavender. It felt nice on my skin and I enjoyed the exfoliation. Additionally, my skin felt so unbelievably soft and smooth once I washed this off! However, it ruined the appearance of my skin, giving me the worst breakout I've ever had!
=(
I only used it once and it just ruined my appearance.. My forehead developed small red bumps, and my cheeks and chin broke out into a mixture of very large and small whiteheads. It's been about a week and I still have two major whiteheads, as well as some smaller ones, and the red bumps remain on my forehead. I also have red marks on my cheeks. I have never broken out like this before.. My breakouts usually go away within one or two days... I'm feeling really bad about my skin now, and I definitely will not be using this again.