December 21, 2014 | 1279 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have already repurchased this product once. I love the natural glowy look it gives my skin and also doesn't irritate or break me out. This product doesn't really have any oil control power and it accentuates my pores therefore I have to use a pore covering product beforehand. Coverage is moderate, if i layer on more it tends to look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by TheEverydayCogger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear Natural Beige. Feels nice on my dry skin, but is a little to glowey for me. (Not as cakey as BE, which also gives my skin a very dry feeling).
I like the powder and the packaging, but I feel the jar is a little too oversized compared with the content of powder in it. I travel a lot and would like LM to adjust the size a little.
This is not my holy grail, but I like it and it makes my skin look good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I find this mineral foundation problematic. The current shade I am using is the second color I have tried and I must admit that I think I have heard such great things on you tube I convinced myself it was good. BUT, as often as I have tried, I am not sure it looks good on me. It seems to leave a very powdery appearance to my complexion that I can't seem to get rid of even using Fix + or UD's All Nighter. Because I am older perhaps a mineral foundation is just not for me. Hmmm.....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Christine2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first thing I noticed about this foundation is that different shades have slightly different ingredients. I further noticed this when I tried both the Tender Rose and Soft Porcelain shades and saw how differently they performed. The Rose sat in my lines and looked greasy right away, while the Porcelain didn't do any of those things (but it seemed to bother my skin more after wearing it). Neither color was quite right for my Nicole Kidman-esque coloring (Rose too mauve and Porcelain too gray) and mixing them was also a no go. I haven't tried mixing the Porcelain with the Real Sand, but maybe that would have worked for the color issue. As for the finish, it was very glowy and emphasized my flaws and pores...but not as badly as all of the other mineral products. It covered pretty darn well, but not perfectly, and without the thick cakiness of the BE formulations. This foundation doesn't wash off very easily, so you need makeup wipes or a toner in addition to a cleanser or you will clog your pores and break out. This foundation also seemed to irritate my skin after wearing it all day...possibly due to the bismuth and talc. If the colors were right for me, the foundation was more matte, and it didn't irritate my skin I would like it. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do get the hype with this product. leave a beautiful finish and great for people that o not want to use liquid. Thebiggest issue with this is the itching. If i sweat wearing this it ithes me like crazy. even in the winter my face feels uncomfortable. biught it twice at different times to see if i was imagining it but still itches..when i said that to the sales associate, she thought i was crazy...but be advised the ingredient bismouth (or soemthing arlong that line) causes the itching. the product leaves a lovely glowy look and would recommend if you dont experience the itching.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by wishmeluck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've found that this is a great foundation for combination skin. It does need a primer and it also needs to be buffed in well. The coverage is medium. You may need to use a powder like Dermablend to deglow (is that a word?) right around your t-zone. I've found it lasts quite well throughout the day. I've used it for over a year now and have had no trouble with my combination, breakout-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mshin

The first time I tried this, the makeup artist at sephora applied the tender rose shade on me and it looked horrible! I didn't think she put that much on me but it was really really cakey and within minutes I wanted to wash my face off completely. As I was washing and toning my face, it took my forever to get all of the makeup off because she had applied so much so I was a bit turned off by this foundation thinking that it could go cakey and heavy easily. Not to mention I looked ghostly white -- I think the shade was too light for me and it really washed me out. It really says something if you look better without the foundation than with..
Than later I received this as a present in real sand which is a touch closer to my current skin tone but still just a hair too light. I applied it very lightly (just enough) and it looked 100x better. I personally like the finish for day time as its only slightly glowing (not as heavily dewy as some people are making it out to be). I still prefer her tinted moisturizers over this foundation though which are a lot more illuminating in my opinion. I've always liked the packaging as well so no problem there.
I have dry skin so this works great but I would feel a little nervous if you have really really oily skin and use this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I tried this foundation three years ago, and didn't like it, but now I thought to give it one more chance cause it contains "good ingredients".

This unfortunately looks awful on my very oily, acne-prone skin. I have really large pores after many years of acne, and my skin is quite uneven... This only made these flaws look even more awful...more enlarged pores, and it gave a "sweaty" look ( it contains something "sparkling"- is it pearl powder.??)

I also realized that the shades contain a little different ingredients from each other; the real sand is much more glittery than the tender rose! Beside this my skin is a mix of the porcelain - tender rose - real sand shades.... Even if I'm a NC/NW 15 (and I use Linen/ Fairly Light Neutral in EDM) I need some more yellow/beige in my foundations to neutralize my redness. The porcelain is really neutral but too light, the tender rose a little too pink, but the real sand too "orange" on my pale skin. And this is a problem with this expensive product!

Coverage is light/medium in my opinion.

BUT I could live with the price if I liked the finish....but I hated it!! Can't stand the sweaty look!! :(

I think this suites dry and normal skin types!

Make sure to really, really try it before you purchase!! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by mzcris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my first use of this product I had to take a double look in mirror to make sure I was seeing things right. My first impression is that the finish of this product is not matte. It is a "glowing" type of finish that just makes my skin look shimmery = not a good look. The coverage is light to medium, if you have hyper pigmentation it will not assist much in hiding those blemishes. For my skin needs, I regret purchasing this product. The packaging is quite big but there is a lot for product for the price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by eeeee

I hesitated purchasing this foundation because of the price tag, but I needed something desperately. I have sensitive, super oily and horribly acne-prone skin (yay me).. I've been recovering from a terrible cystic acne breakout and have dark scars on my cheeks. After having experienced considerable success with natural products in almost completely eradicating the problem, I figured.. a more natural type foundation would be best, and with the great reviews this one in particular has, I figured I would give it a shot.

Anyway... I LOVE this! It's my new HG foundation! I had used Bare Minerals for a while a long time before this before realizing that the foundation was a horrible color match (too red). It was like using blush for years that you thought looked great until one day you realized you've been leaving the house looking like a clown. Anyway, I have tan skin with yellow undertones and this was a great match, something that's nearly impossible for me to find (shade is Rich Vanilla).

This was also perfect for my acne-prone skin, I experienced no breakouts whatsoever. And in combination with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil which I dust on after the foundation, it kept my ridiculously oily skin matte for HOURS. That's a miracle! Now, I use a bit of Benefit's the Porefessional on my nose, and that helps a bit but I wear it nowhere else on my face and the oil control has been exceptional. Nearly brought me to tears because nothing has controlled the oil on my face like this before.

Now, I took one lippie off for coverage... Sure it's buildable, but I find only to an extent. I have dark undereye circles and feel like I have to use a concealer. I use Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer which I bought because of the skin match. Now it does have great coverage but I've hated using it alone because it settles into creases. However, under the foundation, it performs wonderfully. In addition, because of my dark acne marks, I must use a concealer for them too and in this case it's Neutrogena's Skinclearing Blemish Concealer.

Pros:
Does not break me out.
Provides the best oil control I have ever found in conjunction with mineral veil.
Matches my skin tone very well.
Doesn't look cakey no matter how much I pile on.
Long-lasting.

Cons:
Price (justifiable, because it's so great, but I still don't like it).
Coverage - although buildable, I must use concealer for really dark spots.