April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in Spotlight, Toasted, and Golden Peach. They're a little too glitteryfor my tastes to use as a highlight (not to mention that I generally prefer powder highlighters) but they make nice color bases for eyeshadows, the trick is not to apply too much and blend it out really well or they'll crease. Well worth $1.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was fascinated by the idea of using one stick to cover not only your face but also your eyes and lips. I bought golden peach and decided to try using it as a highlighter/blush around my cheekbones. However, it was just too shimmery for my tastes. I also found the color difficult to blend. I guess I'll just use this for my lips. Haven't tried it on eyes yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by MAIMAII

I have Pink lemonade, It was just far too shimmery! I know its a shimmer but ths was too much, almost metalic! I could not possibly wear it out in public, unless I was dressing up as a barbie doll! Also it was difficult to blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i am obsessed with this in persimmon. it's the perfect shade of barely there pink with perfect shimmer, lasts all day, looks amazing and is dirt cheap. i use it on my cheekbones, etc to highlight and it looks great on my fair skin tone. also, it smells really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lindseybrown

I bought this in pink lemonade and persimmon thinking i could use it as a cream blush. WRONG! waaayyyy too shimmery.
BUT as a highlighter right across the top of my cheekbones... amazingness. seriously. use a foundation brush to apply and blend. i got sooooo many compliments on this one. "spotlight" is a great one too! especially for the brow bone. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Mimsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After some trial and error, I've decided that I LOVE this product. I purchased the All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonade, which is a rosy pink shade w/ shimmer and has an orange citrus scent, from a 99 cent store.

Originally, I hated this because I just couldn't figure how best to apply it. At first, I applied the stick directly to my face...a few dabs on either cheek and blending with my fingers, but that ended up making my cheeks look super shimmery and even oily, the color was a little too intense, and it left my cheeks feeling sticky. Next, I tried swirling my fingers in the product and applying it onto my face and blending with my fingers, which was slightly better but still too shimmery, sticky and intense, not to mention messy because I got it on my fingertips.

The best way I've found to apply this product, which I've only discovered recently, is to use the E.L.F. 99 cent (or $1, depending where you buy it) foundation brush to pick up some product, then dab and blend onto the cheeks with the brush. I hate E.L.F.'s foundation brush for foundation (too streaky), but it's great for cream blushes IMO. It's as if the brush absorbs the cream/oiliness and most of the shimmer but deposits a sheer layer of color. Doing it this way gives me the most lovely natural looking flushed cheeks (like I just had a brisk walk) with super subtle shimmer. It makes me look healthy and glowy, and my cheeks don't end up looking like a glitter bomb exploded on them, nor do they feel sticky at all. Doing it this way also makes it really easy to build up the color and not overdo it, while also lessening the intensity of the orange scent (I like the smell, although some may not). Love, love, love this product! I intend to try the other shades,.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I said I'd repurchase because I bought another one in a different color hoping it would work better, but it was a fail. My skin doesn't like the formula of this at all. Personal things aside though, I found it difficult to twist up at first, and I found that I needed to use a small foundation brush or concealer brush to put this anywhere on my face because it's very thick, not smooth enough to glide on. I really liked the scent, orange. I like citrus scents. I found that it only works well on my cheeks as it just creases on the eyelids, and I didn't buy a color that worked for my lips. It can be very flattering if applied properly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by meber

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ordered Pink Lemonade. The color was nice and I can see that it would be useful as blush, on the eyelids and with a little gloss on top, the lips. The only complaint I have was that it was kind of sparkly. I thought the smell was okay and the price was incredibly low. Great travel makeup -- multipurpose and space-saving.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by alinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like another user, the twist-up thing on my tube seemed to be broken when I opened it. It took a bit of coercing, but finally the tube of color came up. The consistency is creamy and kind of oily. But for only $1 dollar, I think it's a great deal for a highlighter. I don't use it on my lips because the consistency bothers me, but I've used it on the apples of my cheeks for a light, shimmery blush. It's wonderfully subtle when I use it that way. I haven't tried it out on my eyes yet, but I don't think I'd like oily lids. The smell is great, I'll probably buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by pinktoxic17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually better as an eyeshadow primer because it makes the eyeshadow colour pop out and stay on the lid. I got this in Light Beige and Persimmon. Persimmon is such a pretty colour for the lids but I find it kind of hard to blend as a blush. I've tried a lot of brushes to blend it but it makes my brushes shed some hair. This colour is also nice on your lips with gloss on top because it feels kind of dry but itself. Light beige is a good highlighting colour but I haven't used it for anything else really....