July 31, 2014 | 2108 users online

Body Scrubs - Tree Hut - Tree Hut Brazilian Nut Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

The best scrub I have ever used. This is affordable compared to other scrubs I have tried before and were never as good as this one. Smells so yummy! I even got my bf hooked on it! I gently scrub it on before I take a shower then rinse it off and my skin feels so smooth! I do this about 2-3 times a week. I can only find mine at my local walmart so I stock up when I go there b/c I've gone before and they've run out. Definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

Pros: Smells amazing, like Hawaii in a tub. I've never been to Hawaii, but I imagine it would smell like this scrub (same goes for the Coconut Lime version); sloughs away dead skin very well and leaves the skin smooth and glowing; prevents/reduces streaking when I use self-tanners; doesn't feel abrasive as the sugar just simply melts away the more you scrub; inexpensive--I've paid $8 regular retail price or $6 sale price at London Drugs in Canada; and last but most important, this brand does not test on animals.

1 Con: Brazilian Nut is a rather dark chocolate-y colour that stains my bath tub and leaves behind a ring of brown residue when I drain the water. It's not a big deal though, I simply grab a sponge or a loofah and scrub the tub after my bath, but I don't know how messy it can get if I use it in the shower instead.

I love this scrub, it is the only scrub that I have repurchased, albeit in a different scent: Coconut Lime. The con that I experienced with Brazilian Nut, which is the brown stain, I hope could be avoided with Coconut Lime because the colour is light. I have not used Coconut Lime yet, but I will review it when I do. For now, I will just enjoy my Brazilian Nut and try to figure out the most efficient way to use this scrub without staining my tub.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wont even bother saying whats so great about this scrub. It just is. In the middle of a chilling winter in Boston, this makes me the happiest girl in the world. The smell is wonderful, think of fresh baked carrot muffins. It makes my skin beyond soft. And it is cheap. Granted, it doesnt help me remove ingrown hairs, and Im a big sufferer of that. But for the price, Id buy gallons of this just because it makes me feel pampered and special. I highly recommend it as a treat to give yourself every now and then. great little gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by der08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I randomly picked this up at walmart one day passing through the isles. Omg the smell of it just makes you wanna eat it! It's an exfoliater so don't scrub too hard, post shower your skin is amazingly soft. Do try = )

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow I can't even begin to describe how much I love this scrub. I had been searching for a scrub for about 2 weeks when I found this scrub. I honestly found this stuff by mistake and I am so glad a I did. The smell is beyond yummy and it is gentle but not too gentle on my sensitive skin! I use this about 2 times a week and will probably use it more as we move into the colder months and my skin gets dryer. I loved it so much that I liked Tree Hut on Facebook and Twitter...that says it all ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by evilc123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is stuff is a major HG for me. Part of that is related to the price and part is related to the quality of the product. The most noticeable aspect of this product is the scent--which is quite strong, though it doesn't really stick on your skin. At first I wasn't wild about the hazelnut/chocolaty scent because I am not really into smelling like food, but the scent TOTALLY grew on me. There is something very indulgent about rubbing this delicious smelling sugar scrub all over your body and then coming out of the shower all nice and buffed up. As far as an exfoliator, this stuff works GREAT. It is best when your tub is new and the texture is thicker. As you start to run out, it does get watery even if you do try not to let much water drip in while you are showering. Even when watered down, it works so well to really smooth out the dry skin bumps and make your skin feel younger and look nice and buffed. I am on my 3rd of 4th jar. I order them from drugstore.com and use it probably about twice a week. My skin is totally different since I started using this. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love this this scrub. Smells divine. Not too grainy...the perfect ratio of oil to sugar. And the price is so low...what's not to love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink86

Perfect scrub! Just right amount of sugar and texture. The scent is delicious! A mixture of caramel, nut, chocolate, and a little Kahlua. It leaves your skin nicely moisturized too. Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a great staple item of mine! I went away from it for a bit and tried to make my own. While it worked fine, it's nothing compared to this stuff, so I'm back to using it with the same great results that I had before. I use this about every 4 days while I wait for my conditioner to soak in. It's so much more gentle than other scrubs but it delivers the same results. Beautiful, glowing, soft skin without the irritation than many other brands cause for me. I love the smell. It's like caramel and coffee. It fades pretty quickly, but the bathroom smells like it for a bit. Even though this leaves me moisturized enough to not bother with lotion, I usually follow up with Alpha Hydrox's 10% Glycolic Lotion all over. I always feel soft, I rarely have an ingrown hair on any part of myself that I shave (and I shave everywhere), and if I do feel the need to apply a bit of tanner (very rarely, but every now and then I'll bronze up) the application is a breeze and I never get a streak. Definitely something that has it's place in my shower and isn't going anywhere. Can't beat the results, can't beat the price. Great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You simply cannot go wrong purchasing this. The regular price is just mad crazy cheap! An 18 oz tub of this runs $5-6 but it is often on sale at Ulta or drugstore.com. It is a very effective sugar scrub that does not leave you or the bath tub with an oily residue. Brazilian Nut scent smells like roasted almonds/buttery toffee blend. I scrub my legs with this before I shave and I get the closest shave I have ever had.