April 20, 2014 | 1629 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by kylacovert

This is a great brush for buffing in my base color. The bristles are incredibly soft, and dense. I have been using my brush for about a month, and all the bristles are still there, and still soft. Based on other reviews, I am hoping this will last me many more months before I need to buy a new one.

I gave it a 4 though, because after I wash it, the bristles get weirdly bent out of shape, and before I use it the next day it takes me a while to get them back in place...also, don't wash it at night and expect it to be ready the next morning. Because it is so dense, I would wash it immediately after use in the morning and then it will be ready to use the next morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Oryx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased 2 of these, 1 last fall and 1 in spring this year. The first one was great, the second one seemed noticeably less dense when compared side to side, and also irritated my skin (but my skin was in a very sad state at that time). I have since switched over to Silk Naturals' ultimate kabuki and they blow these flat tops out of the water. I used to think the flat tops were soft, but they are nothing compared to the SN kabuki. Even though these were cheap, I wish I hadn't bought 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

Love this brush! When I buff my mineral foundation on, I sometimes wish the bristles were a wee bit shorter and not as soft as it is as the bristles flare out a bit too much. I prefer medium to fuller coverage due to post acne scarring but I would think it would generally work great for anyone. I tend to stipple after mixing my mineral foundation with a mixing medium. I find that works best for me. The short handle offers excellent control. I have a back-up of this brush! Love that the quality is excellent at such an affordable price and is eco-friendly :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by aliday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this brush, but after washing several times, some of the bristles hardened so it's not as soft as it once was. i've had it for over a year now, though and it has held up pretty well until now. however, i would like it to have a longer brush handle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very nice solid brush with fluffy but firm head of bristles. I always reach for this with the confidence that the powder will be spread evenly without caking.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by beababiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sooo soft! Great for buffing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by nena505

This brush is high quality, inexpensive and very soft. It is perfect when using products that need a good buffing in.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by ellapretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush to apply Everyday Minerals base with. I had been using the Bare Escentuals Handy Buki brush - but the bristles were kind of stiff.

This brush does have soft bristles - but it doesn't apply the base as well as my BE Handy Buki Brush. With the EM brush, blemished areas would appear flaky and patchy. With the BE brush, the base is really buffed in to a smooth finish. So I've gone back to the BE brush (though it does feel a bit rough on the skin).

I might try this to apply BE Mineral Veil with - since that is a finishing powder and doesn't need to be buffed in as much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think this is a great quality brush. the bristles are super super soft and is great for applying powder all over the face. however, i prefer my ecotools retractable kabuki (although the EM brush is way softer). i just found that the EM brush was a bit too dense which made blending a little bit more difficult. what i don't understand is why EM brushes are so miniature. i think i would prefer this more if it had a longer handle. regardless, it's a good brush for the price, but i happened to find something that worked better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by DCMALJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this brush a lot for a few months, until one day the whole "hair" part fell out of the metal collar. I haven't done anything weird with it & have treated it just like my long-handled kabuki, which I've had longer and is still fine. And the worst part is that EDM won't respond to my inquiries about it. Love their products for the most part, but not a good experience here. :-/