October 31, 2014 | 1535 users online

Treatments (Face) - Prosacea

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by wannadance

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

absolutely amazing stuff. i got it at walgreens.com, cheaper than anyplace else. smallish tube. i put on a pea-size blob am and pm. (canned english pea not frozen american pea).

OVERNIGHT: my skin which is very ruddy and rosacea-ridden looked so much better i couldn't believe it. the longer i use it, the more clear my skin looks, better tone, am to the point of putting a little powder on and that's it.

it's an opaque gel which is homeopathic, has a slight smell of sulfur at first and tastes awful, should someone want to put little kisses on your face. i wouldn't care if it tasted like a mud fence, they'd just have to wait.

my derm. had just Rx'd metrocream for me, i had applied it several times with negative results when i stumbled across this, got it and dern, if it wasn't karma or something...

it leaves your skin with a dry layer, don't know that it would actually worsen dry skin; mine is still oily although i am old. if you don't like it, SEND IT TO ME!! it's a miracle product. also controls what little acne i have left.

(more and more and more praise..........)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by DFaler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this on some severe irritation around my nose from a lactic acid peel. Two days previously, I had used antibiotic cream with no improvement. Used the prosacea at bedtime, woke up and totally gone and feels much better. Tried it on a cystic pimple at the same time and although it's not gone (what treatment would work that sort of miracle in a night anyway?)-it's much smaller and the redness is much lighter than if I hadn't used anything.

I'm going to continue to use this to see how it would work as a spot treatment and maybe work up to an occassional full face night for those premenstrual breakouts. I'll keep you posted.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 1:22:00 AM More reviews by rachaeloso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can no longer use Benzoyl Peroxide for pimples due to my rosacea...instant flaming hot skin. I bought this to see if it would reduce the redness and help with pimples. I've been using it for about a week and there is a noticeable difference in my skin. I went from about 10 pimples to 1. The one that is left is the cystic variety. It's on my cheek and is taking it's time to go away but in the past these have become huge, inflamed infections and this one has stayed relatively small. The redness in my skin is reduced dramatically as well. I haven't looked this good in 2 years in fact. I'm very pleased with this product. My only advice is use it sparingly as using too much is drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Active Ingredients: Sulphur 1x (Rosacea/Acne Treatment Gel)
Inactive Ingredients: Acrylates, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Juice), Diazolidinyl Urea, Lactose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Water

REVIEW
Let me start out by saying I don't have rosacea but i do have mild to moderate persistant acne and combo sensitive skin. I have gone through one tube of this stuff already and i have to say that although my skin is normally sensitive, it is doing really well with this. It is decreasing redness and inflammation of my acne and preventing new acne from popping up and when it does come around, it is smaller and less painful. Anyway i only use at night and put a thin layer on around my acne prone spots like my chin and around nose and mouth and then i will leave a thicker dot on the bad spots. You could probably just spot treat with this also. It is slightly drying and you might want to put in a small area to see if there is a reaction as some people are probably bothered by sulfur. But this is much less drying than benzoyl peroxide. It is a slightly milky gel. Not sure how it would be under makeup but might be worth a shot for very oily skin.
anyway will update continued >>