Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

on 12/18/2011 11:49:00 AM

Long lasting, cooling, tingly, beautiful color, everyone has described it well so if you like this sort of thing it's a great product. The only thing I want to add is that I noticed (after purchase) that despite what the huge light refracting pretty tube would lead you to believe, there is actually not much product here. Only .15 fl oz. And I paid $18 US. MAC Lipglass is .14 fl oz. Revlon lipgloss is .23 I think, and Clinique lipgloss (Super Balm is it called?) in the squeezy tube is .5 fl oz. So, the Buxom packaging is either really misleading or brilliant depending on your point of view. You are NOT getting a large lipgloss. Use this info as you wish. :)

on 11/7/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

The formula of this gloss is great - clings to your lips without being sticky, smells inoffensive, pigmented yet not too pigmented, and it lasts for quite a while. Unfortunately, this color left my lips looking kind of clownish, perhaps because I'm warm/olive toned and this color is very cool. It just made my lips stand out to the degree that they looked fake. Giving this 4 stars; if the color was more flattering to my skin tone, I would give it 5.

on 10/13/2011 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I already have Katie, but fancied a colour a bit more natural and darker. This is perfect! Its just a slightly darker shade than my real lip colour, and looks great! Its subtle but not too sheer so there is a good colour pay off. The texture is smooth and moisturising. Will buy again!

Nice color but, man way to freaking sticky. I do not like how these feel at all.

on 9/10/2011 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this lip gloss!!! It's a beautiful color, it isn't sticky, gives you a tingling sensation and plumps your lips!!! I'm a religious Buxom lip gloss user, Dolly is my fave!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 7th tube of this lipgloss and absolutely love it! It's the perfect color for myself and I wear it over a lot of lipsticks that I own. I recommend this color to a lot of people. It's tingly and doesn't have a taste.
I will say my boyfriend hates it because of the tingle but loves the look!

on 9/8/2011 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a lovely, long-lasting mauve with tiny flecks of gold shimmer. It tingles a bit and smells a little like vanilla sugar, but has no detectable taste to me.

on 8/27/2011 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Dolly is my absolute favorite Buxom color. It's a gorgeous pinky-plum with gold and pink glitter. I would say it's a little more pink than plum, but that's just me. You would think the glitter would make it more of a night-out kind of gloss, but it's actually very wearable! I throw it on for day wear all the time. Once the gloss is gone, your lips are sort of stained the color of the gloss and it lasts for a few hours after. And the smell! Oh my gosh, it's like...a sweet, spicy kind of scent. I'm hesitant to say cinnamon, because it smells a little spicier than that...but definitely something that is pleasant!

on 7/27/2011 6:59:00 PM

I love this lip gloss. I love the texture, smell, and shine. It has typical wearing power and is expensive therefore it loses a star. I would buy again.

on 7/22/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this gloss quite a bit. It's a nice pinky nude that falls a little bit on the cool side, but has a tiny bit of gold shimmer that warms it up. It doesn't really have that really shiny finish to screams lip gloss. I really like the mint tingle, and it is decently moisturizing.

Recommended for Medium Skin