April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo is very pigmented but very gentle. It contains the gentler sodium laureth as opposed to the lauryl chemical contained in most shampoos---which is more harsh. It is overpriced at retail stores but I have seen better deals on the Internet. If your hair is very brassy, apply the shampoo to damp hair, put on a plastic cap, and leave it on for 30 minutes prior to washing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ladiie1ce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I brought a gift set at Ulta's for $15 (for both shampoo and conditioner, what a steal!).

Other purple toning shampoos I've used are the Clairol's Shimmer Lights & the generic brand from Sally's many years ago; something silver.

Compared to Clairol's Shimmer lights, Joico Violet is definitely a stronger, more pigmented, toning shampoo.

It took my lightest blonde to turn lavender a lot faster than Shimmer Lights.

I would think Joico being stronger in the toning process would be more drying than Clairol's, but this wasn't the case. My hair was softer using the Joico Violet shampoo with Joico Violet conditioner than using Clairol's Shimmer Lights with Joico K-pack Color Therapy conditioner.

For reference, Asian, 23 yo, black/dark brown thick hair, double-processed bleached side peekaboos, dyed lightest blonde with a boxed color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hannahaimee

Just brought today my hair is darkish blonde and i wanted to use this to get rid of any brassy look to it. I was a bit hesitant to use it because of the colour!!!! BRIGHT purple!! was worried i would have weird coloured hair! I didnt buy the condition with it. My hair looks so much better! its a nice shade of blonde now! my hair didnt change colour or go gray as others have said!! if you are considering getting it definately give it a go!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by jessicamarieelliott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite purple shampoo , i never have brassy hair when i use it. allthough i do keep it in for about an hour at a time. my hair has never turned any colors, and is always white, i get so many compliments
i recommend it to all my blonde friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sunshines

this is a great shampoo...does not make your hair feel like straw when washing...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by andreaburnes86

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo works perfectly. I have used sun-in for years... thus I am always trying to combat the warm slight brassiness side-effect. Like many of you, I have tried tons of purple toning shampoos. I just tried Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone which only works so-so due to its light violet color. Loreal Professional and Clairol Shimmer Lights work, but dry your hair like crazy. So I usually use Matrix So Silver which works very well, but Joico Violet is even better. I used it the other day and I was actually shocked. Its very thick and pigmented, but at the same time it's the most gentle I've tried. However, it is still slightly more drying than a non toning shampoo, so make sure you use plenty of conditioner. My only other advice would be to rinse very thoroughly, and only use the shampoo once or twice a week--otherwise your hair will be grayish or worse purple.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Long hair oily roots dry ends bleached/low lighted hair type. I do not like this shampoo and Im a huge joico fan. For the price and color of the product I thought it would de-brass, and make my hair soft feeling. Ive been very happy with Clairol shimmer lights, and Aveda blue malva but wanted something that didnt dry my hair out as much. I figured this high end shampoo would give me both toning benefits, softness, and have healthy ingredients that I could feel a difference when I used. It made my hair feel like straw when I rinsed. Clairol shimmer lights also makes my hair feel like straw but at least its cheap. Also with Joico violet, it doesnt tone as well as clairol shimmer lights or aveda blue malva. This made some pieces look gray, and the rest stayed the same. Where as with shimmer lights I dont get grey pieces, but my yellowy pieces turn more cool toned blonde. It has a great scent, it reminds me of bath and body works plumeria. The conditioner works great, but it doesnt really do anything for blonde hair. Very drying, doesnt work as good as cheaper product, I will be returning asap!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by zachariahskye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is for the conditioner.

Did not alot for my hair colour but did leave it really soft.
.. thats about it. not worth the 30 bucks i paid

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is bleached every two months (well the roots) to a white blonde shade and this shampoo is the only silver shampoo ive tried which maintains my colour. Its very thick and pigmented but at the same time it's the most gentle ive tried, it doesnt leave my hair dry, it doesnt turn my hair purple, it just works perfectly! Even weeks after my hair had been bleached and was looking brassy, this shampoo returned it to the colour it was after stepping out the salon.
I usually shampoo once with regular shampoo, then follow with this before conditioning. The directions say to leave it on 3-5 minutes but I only usually leave it for 2-3 and it works fine.
It's not too expensive at just under 13 because the bottle is 300ml! You only need to use a tiny amount once or twice a week so this is going to last you a looong time!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by teanlu

This is the best toning shampoo! It prevents my highlights from turning yellow, helps my lowlights stand out, and seems to help my highlights blend with my dark roots. I dont follow the directions, instead I wash my hair with another shampoo and then smother this highly pigmented purple shampoo on my hair, making sure not to rub it in. I put my hair into a shower cap for 15 minutes wait and then massage it into my hair and wait 3 minutes (these are the actual directions). I follow up with joico color therapy conditioner. I only need to do this once a week and it keeps my blonde color looking perfect. It does make my hair a little dryer (temporary), but does not cause my hair or scalp to turn purple. I can go much longer between coloring~love it!!