Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.2

-Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Stearate, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silicone Quaternium-16, Amodimethicone, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Undeceth-11, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Polyamide-2, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 7/21/2011 7:44:00 PM

Does what it says. Is a very well formulated and deep violet shampoo that will knock out any brassy tones probably within a weeks of use. Please be advised though- for hair that is super dry and damaged, a thicker conditioner should be used after.

on 7/13/2011 3:58:00 PM

this is great as a weekly or bi-weekly shampoo to get rid of brassiness in blonde hair. this stuff is intense though so don't use it too much or you'll look grey! this stuff is definitely an HG for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Not entirely sure how much I like this stuff. I've always wanted white-silver hair, and this stuff just... eh. I was told to leave in purple shampoo longer if I'm trying to achieve the silver look, but when I left this in for 20 minutes, 15 minutes, 10, it always gave me purple ends and gray roots. What I'm thinking is that I need to bleach my hair AGAIN, which I really do not want to do. However, this stuff does give me a very nice ash blonde when I just leave it in for 3 minutes. I guess I'm going to have to settle for that until then. Love the scent, though, and I think even if this doesn't work after bleaching another time, I'm still going to repurchase because the scent is to die for.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE the shampoo and conditioner. I can't find it for less than $26 per bottle in Australia which sucks, but I pay it anyway because it's worth it. It turns your hair into that beautiful ashy blonde colour that most of us spend so much time trying to get. It makes it fairly soft and healthy looking too. I only leave it on for 5 minutes each (shampoo then conditioner) and it does an amazing job for me.

Love love love it.

on 6/21/2011 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Best violet shampoo & conditioner out there! I use this 2x a week on my bleached hair and i don't have any brassy tones at all. Shampoo can be a bit drying ( no where near as drying as other violet shampoos though ) but the awesome thing about this combo is the conditioner actually does a great job of conditoning! On my second bottle. Will definetely repurchase.

on 5/17/2011 6:30:00 AM

I have very blonde hair and have tried many of these violet shampoos. This is definitely the strongest and has the best effect. It does have a noticeable affect on the colour of my hair. It drys your hair a little bit, but if you use the conditioner too it's not a problem. I would recommend this to any blonde!

on 5/16/2011 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is the best violet shampoo I have ever used. It made my hair look so much better after the first use. I also used the conditioner too. I would suggest this to anyone that bleaches their hair. It's the only shampoo that took the brasiness out of my hair!

on 3/28/2011 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo is very pigmented but very gentle. It contains the gentler sodium laureth as opposed to the lauryl chemical contained in most shampoos---which is more harsh. It is overpriced at retail stores but I have seen better deals on the Internet. If your hair is very brassy, apply the shampoo to damp hair, put on a plastic cap, and leave it on for 30 minutes prior to washing it out.

on 3/25/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I brought a gift set at Ulta's for $15 (for both shampoo and conditioner, what a steal!).

Other purple toning shampoos I've used are the Clairol's Shimmer Lights & the generic brand from Sally's many years ago; something silver.

Compared to Clairol's Shimmer lights, Joico Violet is definitely a stronger, more pigmented, toning shampoo.

It took my lightest blonde to turn lavender a lot faster than Shimmer Lights.

I would think Joico being stronger in the toning process would be more drying than Clairol's, but this wasn't the case. My hair was softer using the Joico Violet shampoo with Joico Violet conditioner than using Clairol's Shimmer Lights with Joico K-pack Color Therapy conditioner.

For reference, Asian, 23 yo, black/dark brown thick hair, double-processed bleached side peekaboos, dyed lightest blonde with a boxed color.

on 2/5/2011 2:03:00 AM

Just brought today my hair is darkish blonde and i wanted to use this to get rid of any brassy look to it. I was a bit hesitant to use it because of the colour!!!! BRIGHT purple!! was worried i would have weird coloured hair! I didnt buy the condition with it. My hair looks so much better! its a nice shade of blonde now! my hair didnt change colour or go gray as others have said!! if you are considering getting it definately give it a go!!