November 20, 2014 | 1769 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by gandolfwizard25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the shampoo and conditioner. I can't find it for less than $26 per bottle in Australia which sucks, but I pay it anyway because it's worth it. It turns your hair into that beautiful ashy blonde colour that most of us spend so much time trying to get. It makes it fairly soft and healthy looking too. I only leave it on for 5 minutes each (shampoo then conditioner) and it does an amazing job for me.

Love love love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by anorth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best violet shampoo & conditioner out there! I use this 2x a week on my bleached hair and i don't have any brassy tones at all. Shampoo can be a bit drying ( no where near as drying as other violet shampoos though ) but the awesome thing about this combo is the conditioner actually does a great job of conditoning! On my second bottle. Will definetely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I have very blonde hair and have tried many of these violet shampoos. This is definitely the strongest and has the best effect. It does have a noticeable affect on the colour of my hair. It drys your hair a little bit, but if you use the conditioner too it's not a problem. I would recommend this to any blonde!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by AnitaMarlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best violet shampoo I have ever used. It made my hair look so much better after the first use. I also used the conditioner too. I would suggest this to anyone that bleaches their hair. It's the only shampoo that took the brasiness out of my hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo is very pigmented but very gentle. It contains the gentler sodium laureth as opposed to the lauryl chemical contained in most shampoos---which is more harsh. It is overpriced at retail stores but I have seen better deals on the Internet. If your hair is very brassy, apply the shampoo to damp hair, put on a plastic cap, and leave it on for 30 minutes prior to washing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ladiie1ce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I brought a gift set at Ulta's for $15 (for both shampoo and conditioner, what a steal!).

Other purple toning shampoos I've used are the Clairol's Shimmer Lights & the generic brand from Sally's many years ago; something silver.

Compared to Clairol's Shimmer lights, Joico Violet is definitely a stronger, more pigmented, toning shampoo.

It took my lightest blonde to turn lavender a lot faster than Shimmer Lights.

I would think Joico being stronger in the toning process would be more drying than Clairol's, but this wasn't the case. My hair was softer using the Joico Violet shampoo with Joico Violet conditioner than using Clairol's Shimmer Lights with Joico K-pack Color Therapy conditioner.

For reference, Asian, 23 yo, black/dark brown thick hair, double-processed bleached side peekaboos, dyed lightest blonde with a boxed color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hannahaimee

Just brought today my hair is darkish blonde and i wanted to use this to get rid of any brassy look to it. I was a bit hesitant to use it because of the colour!!!! BRIGHT purple!! was worried i would have weird coloured hair! I didnt buy the condition with it. My hair looks so much better! its a nice shade of blonde now! my hair didnt change colour or go gray as others have said!! if you are considering getting it definately give it a go!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by jessicamarieelliott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite purple shampoo , i never have brassy hair when i use it. allthough i do keep it in for about an hour at a time. my hair has never turned any colors, and is always white, i get so many compliments
i recommend it to all my blonde friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sunshines

this is a great shampoo...does not make your hair feel like straw when washing...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by andreaburnes86

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo works perfectly. I have used sun-in for years... thus I am always trying to combat the warm slight brassiness side-effect. Like many of you, I have tried tons of purple toning shampoos. I just tried Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone which only works so-so due to its light violet color. Loreal Professional and Clairol Shimmer Lights work, but dry your hair like crazy. So I usually use Matrix So Silver which works very well, but Joico Violet is even better. I used it the other day and I was actually shocked. Its very thick and pigmented, but at the same time it's the most gentle I've tried. However, it is still slightly more drying than a non toning shampoo, so make sure you use plenty of conditioner. My only other advice would be to rinse very thoroughly, and only use the shampoo once or twice a week--otherwise your hair will be grayish or worse purple.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No