April 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by sabgarcia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm completely addicted to this powder. This was the first MAC product I've ever used. I was doing some clothes shopping and needed a new powder and MAC was right next door so I figured I'd go there instead of Sephora. One of the people who worked there reccomended this to me and applied it in the store. I love love love the results. My skin tends to get dry and flakey when I apply too much powder, but I can apply as much as I want with MSFN and it never dries my skin out or looks caked on. It blends in with my skin great and gives it a very soft, natural look. I usually use this to set my foundation and I reapply once or twice later in the day when my skin starts to get oily. It works great. My only complaint is that it doesn't come with a mirror and powder puff / sponge which makes it a bit inconvenient portability-wise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried to find a suitable dupe for this, but I have come to the conclusion that I must have MSFN. I love this. Nothing I've tried has come close, with the exception of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind pressed powder, I keep that one in my purse for touch ups because it comes with a puff and mirror. But still, the Maybelline still didn't measure up with me. I just purchased a new MSFN today after being without it for a couple months, and I finally am pleased with how my makeup looks again. For me, there's nothing that even compares. But MAC, come on and make the compact with a mirror and a puff for midday touch ups!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm really pale and Light is a perfect match. I use this over MAC Face & Body. I apply it with a dense kabuki style brush. You don't need a lot of this powder at all. I dab my brush in the powder once or twice and it is more than enough for the entire face. The more you buff it into the skin, the better it looks. If you find that it looks powdery on the skin, follow with a spritz of MAC Fix + or any makeup setting spray (I use Skindinavia) and it disappears. One compact usually lasts me about 2 1/2 months so it kind of justifies the expensive price tag. The packaging could be better - if you aren't careful, the powder flies out of the compact and onto the clear lid. I love the slight sheen and finish of this powder. I tried Jane Iredale pressed base powder, and it was okay, I just keep returning to MSF powders! <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by albs

I like this powder, but honestly I don't find that it does much that other powders don't, and for a considerably higher price tag. I like the slight sheen, the packaging and how smooth it is. It kicks up a lot of loose powder when you put a brush in it though which is a bit of a waste. It usually looks rather cakey/powdery on me too which is irritating. It's quite expensive for such average results.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Edit: I jumped the gun and I first I liked it but after I used it a few times I have grown to hate it. Way too cakey even with the lightest hand.Does not help with and makeup setting or help even a little with the oil that may appear in my t zone. Also this turns orange on me after a few hours I had a hard time I first I was thinking it was my foundation but no matter what foundation I used with this orange orange orange. So I stopped using this and NO orange. A dissapointment for me but live and learn. Will not be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG setting powder! It lasts all day, is a perfect match for my NW15/NW20 skin tone, doesn't cake - it makes your skin look flawless. Not a lot of coverage but it does even out your skin a little. I mostly love it for its staying power and the way it sits on your skin. Controls oil well. I've been through so many of these powders and will continue to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I've been using this for about a week and really like it. I have dry flakey skin with an oily tzone, and was worried this would make my dry skin look worse, but it doesn't. I spray some fix+ on a brush so its slightly damp and then buff the powder into my skin. It doesn't have great coverage but it does help cover redness a bit and just makes my skin look smooth and glowy. It is expensive ($30) but this is the first foundation I've found that doesn't look horrible on my skin, so I would definately repurchase again and again if it continues to work well. Even after 8+ hours of wear it looks pretty good still. One thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't help with oilyness at all.
Edit: after using this for a few weeks every day, I was breaking out really bad from this. I know it was from this because I would stop wearing it for a while, skin would clear up, then if I wore it for just a few hours I'd break out again :/ not good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing and so easy to use. I apply a light layer of Colorstay (Pale), blend it in, rub my Shiseido velour puff into the Skinfinish, press it all over my face, and then buff in my blush (La Femme). I also rub some Boots liquid highligher onto the high points of my face, and it blends perfectly with the texture of the Skinfinish.

I can't believe how long the Skinfinish lasts. I don't get oily or sweaty through the makeup at all. It looks even, clean, and satiny all day, and it doesn't look dry or harsh immediately after application (some powders take a little time to "set").

I was worried this powder would break me out because Bare Escentuals upset my skin so much, but I don't seem to be having any problems. I'd recommend this powder to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm extreamly pale and even this shade is a little too light for me.
Has a tendency to make my skin look look a little ashy, almost grey in pictures so i have now opted for the Light Plus shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this over MAC Studio Fix Fluid & it creates such a gorgeous finish...very natural, not shimmery, not flat matte. Good coverage over foundation but not enough on its own.