MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

3.9

TALC, MICA, DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, LAUROYL LYSINE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)]

on 8/20/2012 12:18:00 AM

Gosh what isn't there to say about this product? The fact that my 2$ powder did a better job than it and the only thing Mac had against it was a slightly better color match(which would go somewhat orange pretty quickly

Pros
- Half decent coverage
- Good color match

Cons
-Was breaking me out for a while and I didn't realize it, the I accidentally passed out in it and woke up to large pimples all over the place. Fun
-Turns orange quickly
-Doesn't help with oil or shine, which I didn't know I had in the slightest until this product
-Expensive
-The powder goes on very cake-like despite not covering the same as a very cakey foundation
- Settles into lines
- When using a brush to pick up the slightest tap onto it quickly sends powder all over my clothes

I honestly am seriously upset I didn't keep the receipt and ask out the return policy.

Either way my sensitive skin did NOT like this product in the slightest.

on 7/31/2012 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i really wanted to love this. I'd heard SO MUCH good stuff about it! and for $30, it should be awesome, right?! unfortunately not :/

the powder comes of very easily onto the brush/puff (almost TOO easily), and goes on evenly. my favorite part abou tthis product is how it takes skin with foundation on it and make it look like just SKIN. its amazing in that aspect.

but the good stuff stops there, at least for me. after about a half hour or so, it oxidized terribly. i'm NC10-15, so orange is not a good color for me. i tried using it with other foundations, and that didnt help. so I thought perhaps it was my BHA (under my ss/primer) that was making it oxidize. i tried this without the BHA. nope, didnt help. *sigh* and i guess i shoudl have just known it was the powder, when i looked at the puff the next day and IT was bright orange too :( but i wanted this to work!

so no, I would not re-buy. but its looking like i'm going to have to buy SOMETHING MAC, as i've lost the receipt for this, and will only be getting store credit.....

on 7/27/2012 10:19:00 AM

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is not what I expected from a Mac product. The powder does nothing. If anything, it just adds cakeyness to your skin. I do not like this product and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

on 7/21/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So after stalking this product for so long, I finally decided to pay the 30 dollars and purchase it. I have never used anything like this at all! It isn't my go to foundation for summer, in fact I don't like it for summer but in the fall, winter and early spring I really get use out of it. It is light, with good coverage, doesn't cake up, and it can be used as a setting powder to powder without it caking up. Great for photos as well! The only reason why it was deducted a lippie was because of the price and because I can't use it in the summer. Other than that I love it!

on 7/8/2012 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my first review, but I felt inclined to review this product because I have never gotten so many compliments on my skin in my life. I have acne scarring near my chin and since I'm pale it shows up super red. Solution = conceal them as best I can then apply MSFN with a flat top brush in a press and roll/ press and flick motion. The MSFN helps to make the concealer appear part of the skin rather then this cakey mess in only one section on your face.

So obviously I never get compliments on my skin, except for when I went to the mall with MSFN on! I got a compliment in sephora asking me what foundation I use because my skin had a beautiful glow. I got a compliment in MAC because I was asking about the MAC studio fix power + foundation and the sales lady told me that "it will hide imperfections, I don't know if you have any but if you do ..." which was awesome because I have very dark acne scars! yay!

It is more expensive then MAC studio fix powder + foundation (MSFN = 10g for C$34, MAC studio fix ect.. = 15g for $34) *generally

So if acne scars ect.. conceal them first because this powder is not full converage, but I would definitely recommend this product.

I think the packaging is super pretty but I am worried about putting it in my purse, have never tried to do so.

*In case you are wondering, the products I wore at the stores when I got compliments
- concealer
-MSFN - light
- MAC crew highlighter (worn as blush)
- the bronzer that comes in the revlon photoready sculpting palette
- mascara by Hard Candy (C$8 at Walmart)
- The Naked2 palette (suspect inner corner, verve middle lid, snakebite outer corner + crease, buster as upper lash eyeliner, bootycall as highlighter + bottom inner corner)
- Stile starfruit lipglaze + stila apricote lip glaze

on 6/28/2012 4:09:00 PM

I was on the fence about this product when I first bought it. I was using it as a setting powder, and it just didn't work for some reason. Fast forward a few weeks later when I started using Retin-A. All of my liquid and cream foundations looked absolutely horrible on my red, slightly flaky skin. In desperation, I reached for this powder. Voila, I found something that worked. Although the light coverage doesn't quite cover all of my flaws (pigmentation issues), it gives a soft natural finish that I can definitely live with.
It's also a breeze to apply. I use a kabuki brush and gently press and buff into my skin. I'm NC15 and light is a good match, but may be a tad dark for some.

on 6/19/2012 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I usually am let down by hyped products but MSF is definitely one of those HG must have products. I was afraid light was going to be "too light" judging by some of the reviews but it's just fine for proper *fair* skin. Anyway, I was really surprised with how delicately this applied over foundation and it doesn't look harsh. It makes your foundation look more like your own skin which is just amazing if you ask me! Probably my favourite beauty product ever.

on 6/19/2012 1:21:00 PM

My skintone is roughly N10-15 and this matches me very well.

PROS:
- It does what it says on the tin - it looks absolutely natural! Not powdery at all and it's very hard to overdo.
- Goes on like a dream, blends nicely, very easy to apply.
- It has some sheer coverage which is good if I'm having a bad skin day, without making me look cakey.
- I love using this wet, as a foundation, when I don't need much coverage. Gives a nice but natural sheen to the skin and it's very easy to apply.
- It is a bit more pricey than a drugstore powder, but it will last quite a log time.
- The packaging is nice and sleek, perfect to carry around for touchups.

CONS:
- I have combination skin, and while this is fine for me to use on my cheeks, it gets too oily too soon on my t-zone. It doesn't mattify at all, so if you're looking for a powder for oily skin, this is not it.

VERDICT:
I like this as a foundation, but as a powder this just doesn't work for my combination skin. As I don't like the fuss of using two different powders on my face, I will probably not repurchase this. If you have drier skin, though, I'd totally recommend you check it out :-)

on 6/11/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product matches it's brand name perfectly - skinfinish NATURAL. It makes your skin look like skin (only better), without making it caky and horrible. I use this over my studio tech foundation for special events and when my skin acts out and needs coverage, but sadly I can't use this everyday since I like many other women am allergic to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. But if you don't have that problem then lucky you, because this is just wonderful in so many ways. It's easy and fast to use, and you can run out of the house with great skin, and no one can see any evidence of makeup being used! I apply this with my bamboo "bronzer" brush from ecco tools in a pat and roll motion, and it just glides onto my skin leaving a beautiful finish. Like I mentioned I'm allergic to bismuth and get a semi itchy skin and can end up with the skin acting up when using this, but for some days it's just worth it. My skin calms down if I treat it before going to bed anyway, so it's not like I get these horrible breakouts. I have heard you can use this damp to get more of a sheen and glow as this is a baked product, but I haven't tried it out yet. I gave it a 3, but would have given it 5 if it weren't for the unfortunate ingredient as mentioned. Sigh...

on 6/10/2012 11:18:00 PM

AMAZING powder! The best powder ive ever tried. Very natural looking both over foundation, and bare skin. When used over foundation, it really keeps it in place lasting all day! And controlling shine, expecially in the t-zone. It has amzing staying power! I wear it over my bare skin when doing martial arts, and it hides red cheeks and dosent run off at all! I would deffinatly recomend this product.