July 28, 2014 | 1743 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually am let down by hyped products but MSF is definitely one of those HG must have products. I was afraid light was going to be "too light" judging by some of the reviews but it's just fine for proper *fair* skin. Anyway, I was really surprised with how delicately this applied over foundation and it doesn't look harsh. It makes your foundation look more like your own skin which is just amazing if you ask me! Probably my favourite beauty product ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

My skintone is roughly N10-15 and this matches me very well.

PROS:
- It does what it says on the tin - it looks absolutely natural! Not powdery at all and it's very hard to overdo.
- Goes on like a dream, blends nicely, very easy to apply.
- It has some sheer coverage which is good if I'm having a bad skin day, without making me look cakey.
- I love using this wet, as a foundation, when I don't need much coverage. Gives a nice but natural sheen to the skin and it's very easy to apply.
- It is a bit more pricey than a drugstore powder, but it will last quite a log time.
- The packaging is nice and sleek, perfect to carry around for touchups.

CONS:
- I have combination skin, and while this is fine for me to use on my cheeks, it gets too oily too soon on my t-zone. It doesn't mattify at all, so if you're looking for a powder for oily skin, this is not it.

VERDICT:
I like this as a foundation, but as a powder this just doesn't work for my combination skin. As I don't like the fuss of using two different powders on my face, I will probably not repurchase this. If you have drier skin, though, I'd totally recommend you check it out :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product matches it's brand name perfectly - skinfinish NATURAL. It makes your skin look like skin (only better), without making it caky and horrible. I use this over my studio tech foundation for special events and when my skin acts out and needs coverage, but sadly I can't use this everyday since I like many other women am allergic to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. But if you don't have that problem then lucky you, because this is just wonderful in so many ways. It's easy and fast to use, and you can run out of the house with great skin, and no one can see any evidence of makeup being used! I apply this with my bamboo "bronzer" brush from ecco tools in a pat and roll motion, and it just glides onto my skin leaving a beautiful finish. Like I mentioned I'm allergic to bismuth and get a semi itchy skin and can end up with the skin acting up when using this, but for some days it's just worth it. My skin calms down if I treat it before going to bed anyway, so it's not like I get these horrible breakouts. I have heard you can use this damp to get more of a sheen and glow as this is a baked product, but I haven't tried it out yet. I gave it a 3, but would have given it 5 if it weren't for the unfortunate ingredient as mentioned. Sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by katelyn123

AMAZING powder! The best powder ive ever tried. Very natural looking both over foundation, and bare skin. When used over foundation, it really keeps it in place lasting all day! And controlling shine, expecially in the t-zone. It has amzing staying power! I wear it over my bare skin when doing martial arts, and it hides red cheeks and dosent run off at all! I would deffinatly recomend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkdee1

This is a really good pressed powder that keeps my face matte for ages. I do still have to reapply during the day but only once!

It might be a bit too 'powdery' for some people but because i have combination skin its exactly what i need as it does not cling to my dry areas and yet mattifies my oily areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by sabgarcia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm completely addicted to this powder. This was the first MAC product I've ever used. I was doing some clothes shopping and needed a new powder and MAC was right next door so I figured I'd go there instead of Sephora. One of the people who worked there reccomended this to me and applied it in the store. I love love love the results. My skin tends to get dry and flakey when I apply too much powder, but I can apply as much as I want with MSFN and it never dries my skin out or looks caked on. It blends in with my skin great and gives it a very soft, natural look. I usually use this to set my foundation and I reapply once or twice later in the day when my skin starts to get oily. It works great. My only complaint is that it doesn't come with a mirror and powder puff / sponge which makes it a bit inconvenient portability-wise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried to find a suitable dupe for this, but I have come to the conclusion that I must have MSFN. I love this. Nothing I've tried has come close, with the exception of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind pressed powder, I keep that one in my purse for touch ups because it comes with a puff and mirror. But still, the Maybelline still didn't measure up with me. I just purchased a new MSFN today after being without it for a couple months, and I finally am pleased with how my makeup looks again. For me, there's nothing that even compares. But MAC, come on and make the compact with a mirror and a puff for midday touch ups!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm really pale and Light is a perfect match. I use this over MAC Face & Body. I apply it with a dense kabuki style brush. You don't need a lot of this powder at all. I dab my brush in the powder once or twice and it is more than enough for the entire face. The more you buff it into the skin, the better it looks. If you find that it looks powdery on the skin, follow with a spritz of MAC Fix + or any makeup setting spray (I use Skindinavia) and it disappears. One compact usually lasts me about 2 1/2 months so it kind of justifies the expensive price tag. The packaging could be better - if you aren't careful, the powder flies out of the compact and onto the clear lid. I love the slight sheen and finish of this powder. I tried Jane Iredale pressed base powder, and it was okay, I just keep returning to MSF powders! <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by albs

I like this powder, but honestly I don't find that it does much that other powders don't, and for a considerably higher price tag. I like the slight sheen, the packaging and how smooth it is. It kicks up a lot of loose powder when you put a brush in it though which is a bit of a waste. It usually looks rather cakey/powdery on me too which is irritating. It's quite expensive for such average results.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Edit: I jumped the gun and I first I liked it but after I used it a few times I have grown to hate it. Way too cakey even with the lightest hand.Does not help with and makeup setting or help even a little with the oil that may appear in my t zone. Also this turns orange on me after a few hours I had a hard time I first I was thinking it was my foundation but no matter what foundation I used with this orange orange orange. So I stopped using this and NO orange. A dissapointment for me but live and learn. Will not be repurchasing!