Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect

Bourjois 10hr Sleep Effect
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Fragrance, Alcohol Denat, Glyceryl Linoleate, Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Linolenate, Tocopherol /- (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77019/Mica)

on 2/25/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I feel like I have tried every foundation on this planet and for me this comes out as the winner every single time. I've tried a huge range of high and low end and nothing matches up to this. First the packaging; it comes in a small sleek bottle, compact for makeup bags and light enough to carry around. It comes with a pump which can be considered to be a bonus considering many high ends don't provide one. The foundation itself is like gold dust, it's light and just blends in with the skin seamlessly. I find that with all Bourjois foundations applying with fingers helps it blend better with the skin.It has a light to medium coverage, evens out skin tone and just makes your skin look like skin but better and provides that dewy glowing finish. I would say it's probably not a foundation to go for if you're looking for coverage, you need pretty good skin for it. The only two cons I can think of is that there aren't a huge range of shades and their undertones are too pink or beige, I just wish they had one that was slightly more yellow. The other downside is that it doesn't show in pictures at all and that's not in a good way lol. It looks like you I have nothing on like complete no foundation. I used it everyday in the summer, it's my number one summer foundation, HG status for me :D I'm an NC35 and used shade 75 Abricote! And the price is a big time bonus! Finally a high street brand that doesn't test on animals and makes amazing products :D

on 2/1/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is by far my favorite Bourjois foundation.
I recently started using the Face and body foundations by both MAC and F&B and really got used to the finish where it's impossible to tell that I am actually wearing anything other than moisturizer on my face. Since discovering these two I have been wearing foundation daily, not just on nights out. A few weeks ago I saw that the 10-hour sleep effect was not being stocked in my drugstore any more and I wasn't sure if it was because it was being discontinued (I still don't know what's happening) so I decided to give it a try thinking it was going to be just like Healthy Mix (which is good but just sits on my skin) but WOW! This might offer light to medium coverage but it blends beautifully into my skin and while it covers a lot more than the F&B foundations it has the same natural effect. It has a nice powdery scent (I think it's the same one as that of the Pinceau foundation) that I don't really love but it doesn't bother me either. I am NW15 so I always use the lightest shade in Bourjois foundations (51 in Healthy mix) and they were always slightly darker than my skin tone but somehow the 10-hour sleep effect (in the shade 71) matches my skin perfectly. I don't have problems with foundations not lasting on me so I can't comment on its staying power, all I know is that it doesn't accentuate the dry patches and that it really gives your skin a lovely glow. I also love that its finish isn't as matte, but a more natural one. Now I just have to find out if it really got discontinued so I can get three more bottles of this little gem. By far the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried.

on 1/27/2012 11:39:00 AM

I love this product. I'd been using MAC foundation for a long time but I'm finding that every winter, my skin gets slightly drier (really frustrating). MAC foundations obviously last ALL day but I needed something lighter that didn't cling to my face and show every bit of dryness. So, after watching and reading numerous foundation reviews I decided that Bourjois was the way to go. This foundation is light and just makes my skin appear even and healthy. I have to say that I was concerned about it's lasting power but so far, no complaints. With my slightly drier skin, this foundation lasts really well. Oh, side note, since i still have some MAC foundation left, i use a very small amount on my nose in place of the Bourjois. Since my nose can get a little shiny i figured that the MAC foundation might work best. So far this combination is fantastic! I use shade 71 from the Bourjois line and NC 15 from MAC.

In the warmer months i plan on trying out the Bourjois Health Serum because i hear the coverage is not as light.

Hope this helps anyone trying to decide on this foundation. It's lovely :)

on 1/27/2012 9:51:00 AM

I wanted the Dewy Look-so popular over the last 3 years,but sad to say that makes me look oily not Glamorous and every time i went to a Sephora with that on my face,they Kept giving me samples of Non Oily Products to tryyyyy! LOL!!!
***Ladies with oily skin or not so perfect skin Do not buy this,only matte foundations for us i am afraid,makes your pores look huge-unless you wanna have free samples of oil free cremes,foundations....etc
***Watch on you tube How To Make Ance Scars Disappear by Gossmakeupartist,you will undarstand what i am trying to say-terrible English i know.

on 1/20/2012 10:09:00 PM

I'm a nightmare with foundation changing halfway thru a bottle almost everytime - i'm addicted to trying new ones!

I like this it doesn't make my skin dewy as others have said but this may just be my skin. It doesn't cover blemishes or dark circles but then i've NEVER found one that does!

I use Benefit boi-ing concealer on dark circles and blemishes, this foundation and then rimmel stay matte.

This routine stays on my oily skin well and lasts for hours even when working 10 hours in a coffee shop enviroment without melting off too quickly - i'm guessing it helps its oil free!. I'm not saying it lasts for 10 hours but it lasts well!

I don't think it has a '10 hour sleep effect!)

It says mineral-enriched which I believe as it has the drying effect that all mineral make-up products have on me!

I would probably buy again sometime its not my HG but then i've never found one for my combination acne prone skin that doesnt really work with foundation! Nevermind a chance to buy a new one next payday!

on 1/2/2012 11:10:00 PM

After I used Revlon Colorstay for 4 yars in a road cos I had acne problems, I started investing more in skin care so after almost an year my skin looked 1000 times better so i wouldnt need the coverage that Revlon gave me...so I decided to go for a lighter one or a tinted moisturizer.I found this foundation at Pharmaprix(Canada) for 32 dollars.Prettey expensive for a drugstore...anyway I was expecting a lot from it.....big disapointing...it`s not even a light tinted moisturizer...its more like those kind of corective face creams for mature skin.....Damn....I used it twice than went for a BB Cream that`s spectacular in term of covering well but natural and glowy....for those who want natural apperence using a foundation I really recommand BB Creams..... :D

on 12/28/2011 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A really lovely dewy foundation. Before I was hooked on Vitalumiere Aqua, I used this, and it gave my skin a really glowing effect. It was just a light coverage foundation, so if you're wanting a full coverage foundation, then this isn't for you, but it does even out the skintone and make your skin look a lot more healthy. It doesn't break me out, even though it has a fragrance (which is lovely and fresh smelling) and it is enriched with vitamins which is great as it is good for your skin! It is just average packaging, not the most chic looking but that doesn't really matter to me, as long as the inside is good!! I would buy this again as it is a really beautiful foundation for a good price, I think all Bourjois foundations are absolutely fab!

on 11/11/2011 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation works for me BUT, that is because I really don't need much coverage, just something to even out my skintone, and because my skin is dry. I think people who have oily skin will not have luck with this foundation. Even so, it is not even that oily/moisturizing, as I still get some flakes if my skin isn't super moisturized before I apply it. I like the shade, the smell, and the price. It's a nice, quick and easy foundation, nothing extraordinary.

on 10/31/2011 9:19:00 AM

I wanted to like this one.I`m a big fan of the dewy look. But i ended up not liking it at all. I have it in color beige 74. The color is okay but a little too orange for my lighter olive tone skin. But still the best macth out of the colors in this foundation.(not to many colors btw).It dosent cover anything. I have tinted moisturizers that does a better job.It has no lasting power on my skin. It does give the skin some dewiness though. So if your skin i near perfect and you are looking for a really really light foundation you might like this one. I didn`t. And will not buy again.

on 9/3/2011 6:58:00 AM

What a fantastic foundation! It's just perfect for my increasingly dry skin - moisturizing and sheer. It seems to glide over slight wrinkles and pores giving the most beautiful flattering finish. I'm using shade no.72. Love it!