October 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cleopatra44

Love this! My eyelashes look fantastic when I use this, long, thick and very black. This does not cause any irritation to my eyes, I have very sensitive eyes. This lasts all day and I have had loads of compliments since I have started using this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandhealth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! I was using it for a year and loved it, but when I ran out I used a cheaper alternative as it was very expensive. I started to use Voluminous Carbon Black, which also was not too bad, however other people noticed a reduction in lash thickness, volume and length. I think next time I will buy DiorShow again, as I do believe it is worth the extra money. The only thing is I found I was buying new mascara with Dior faster than other products. It tends to run out faster. Other than this I am a lifetime fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Clumpy, Clumpy, Clumpy!

The Dior SA told me this wouldn't clump, in response to a direct question from me, but from the very first use this was gluggy and gave me big clumps on my lashes. I look like an old lady drag queen. Horrible, even if I wipe the brush multiple times on the edge of the tube I still get way too much on my lashes. It sticks them together into clumpy spider legs.

I'm going back to my favourite MAC Zoom Lash, or even Maybelline Full 'n' Soft. Both of those are much, much better than the Diorshow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lilprincess428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I am obsessed. Beyond obsessed. I have repurchased this so many times already I can't even count. I love trying new mascaras and trying to get that thick and long fake eyelash look. I do like my eye makeup (mainly my lashes) to be dramatic- almost Kardashian like. This mascara does that, although it is not too much for daytime either. I have tried so many different mascaras, and this by far gives me the best result: thick, long, curly and most of all, it stays all day! I have not had any issues with smudging or flaking, and I wear contact lenses so it seems like I'm messing with my eyes all day. I recently added the Diorshow Maximizer primer which just makes this product even better (I will do a separate review for that). This mascara does dry out quicker than some others, but I get so happy when I buy a new gooey mascara that reminds me why I love it (as it obviously doesn't work as well one it starts drying out). I would recommend this mascara to everyone- it does a great job of making your eyelashes stand out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chienblanc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WTF?!?! I have used this for two weeks now and it never fails to give me racoon eyes within 2 hours. I was actually surprised at the amount of smudging, even though I do the whole primer/powder routine around the entire eye area. Honestly, a drugstore brand outlasts this one. Although I love the extreme black pigment and volumizing effect, I will not be repurchasing. Not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

I'm shocked that the reviews aren't better on this... Originally got it as part of a sampler pack at Sephora and have used it ever since!

To me, it does everything it should - darkens, lengthens, thickens... When i need waterproofing, i layer Loreal Lash Stiletto over it and it stays on through whatever... (i mean, i dont go swimming with it, but normal sweat and tears...)

It definitely dries out a little quicker than others, but nothing crazy. To be honest, i actually like that it does in that it reminded me to replace it - i'm one of those people who forgets to replace mascara on a regular basis...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Kind of disappointed with this one.

Color: pretty black, but not as black as it is made out to be. To me, Chanel Inimitables Intense is more pigmented.
Formula: Thick, wet
Brush: nothing special, a little fatter than your normal wand
Wearability: in humid weather it seems to leave a ring around my eyes

If the formula didn't smudge, was more pigmented,and if you could apply it without wiping it a million times on the side of the tube before applying....then maybe I would buy it again. Not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Essiexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried this product twice & I have to say it does nothing for me. At this price point it's defo not worth the money. First of all i noticed both times that the mascara dries out really fast & secondly this mascara isn't even that great - it starts to clump after a couple of coats. Save your money - because this mascara is not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gave me raccoon eyes by the end of the day and dried up in around 4 weeks - and I don't even wear makeup every day and when I do it's light. Normally a tube of mascara will last me months. I wish I hadn't of thrown the box away so I could return it to Macy's. What a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Ashveena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be a die hard DiorShow fan, but had to switch to MAC PlushLash because I was on a student budget. I recently switched back to DiorShow and though I love it, my bottle dried out quickly! I normally get a new mascara every four months just as they are drying out, but this bottle dried out in two months. I was so disappointed, because though I love the mascara, replacing it every 2 months is not worth it for the price.