Simple Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

2.6

on 4/16/2010 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't use too much hardcore makeup, but it does a good job of removing mascara (even waterproof) without irritating my eyes at all.

I have used some which sting a little around the sensitive areas around my eyes or seem to have strong perfumes which are plain irritating.

will definitely repurchase.

Edit- not sure what the deal is but I got a sample size for travel and owes! Eyes are stingy! Don't have the old bottle to compare. Threw the bottle out and now use either bioderma or just a homemade combination of castor / sunflower seed oils depending on how I feel. Much better thanks..

on 4/16/2010 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked this eye-makeup remover. It did not irritate my skin or sting my eye at all. It removed all of my makeup (eye-shadow, pencil eyeliner and non-waterproof mascara) in only a few swipes of lightly wet cotton-wool pad. A little goes a long way with this product! The bottle is hard and cylinder shaped with a green lid and a small hole in the top. To get remover out, you have to squeeze the hole. The bottle is a little hard to squeeze but you get used to it. Only a little product is dispensed with each squeeze but, trust me, a little is all you need. Highly recommended for everyone!

on 4/8/2010 3:56:00 AM

I love this stuff and have bought it for many years. I hate it when I run out and can't get to a Boots with any in stock because then I have to try something else and yes, you guessed it, I can't find anything that doesn't irritate my eyes!

I bought a eye makeup remover from The Body Shop yesterday and one try later my eyes look terrible. They are sore and puffy! I agree that you do have to have a few goes with the Simple remover but it's cheap enough to be bothered to do that and it doesn't make me look like a red eyed monster in the morning!

on 3/24/2010 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is an excellent eye makeup remover! I've been using it for years and wouldn't bother buying anything else. Superdrug often does 3for2 on Simple products so makes them dirt cheap to buy. I don't use waterproof mascara but removes everything else in seconds without any irritation.

on 3/19/2010 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought 3 bottles of this as it was on special so got quite a lot of usage of this product over several months.

What I liked about it:
- did not irritate my eyes
-clear watery consistency means there's hardly any pulling or tugging on the skin
-very cheap and affordable
-takes off regular makeup, like eyeshadow and mascara

What I didnt like about it
-does not take off anything like eyeliner
-after taking eye make-up off and taking a shower, some more make-up will come off the eyelashes and under the eyes when i come out. That's what happens with a lot of eye make-up removers so that's OK, except when I try to wet a cotton bud in the product to clean up the small areas, it goes all over the bottle.

on 3/4/2010 5:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of the only products I have repurchased multiple times, and believe me, that's a damn glowing review!

Agree with others, that it's not good for "heavy-duty" makeup, but for my daily truck-load of mascara, it's perfect. Yes, it can sting if you get it in your eyes, but hell, so does water!
I just rub a soaked cotton pad over my closed eye a few times (both sides of the pad are needed here!) and it's brilliant - no residue at all, job done quickly and efficiently.
A definite must in my beauty product arsenal.

on 2/8/2010 5:30:00 PM

When I bought the first bottle of this I thought the formula was really good. But as I bought the 2nd bottle, the formula has changed completely, it doesn't take off makeup and makes my skin slightly ''weird feeling'' afterwards.
Nowadays I use this as a brush cleanser - I dilute it with water on a 2:1 ratio and put it into a spray bottle for ease to use.
As for the packaging, it's fairly good, however, the part where it comes out is a little bad.

on 2/8/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really enjoy using this eye make-up remover. It feels quite cool and refreshing whilst removing all my make-up. I love that its oil free as I already have oily skin and so am petrified of using any products containing oil. It even gets rid of my gel/ liquid eyeliners as well as my mascara, I don't tend to use waterproof mascara so I don't know how it would perform on that but for me this is perfect.

on 1/31/2010 6:18:00 AM

The price is very good, which next to having always had good experience with Simple products, made me try it. I am sure that very light eye make up can be taken off easily with this (not waterproof mascara though!)
I was quite disappointed by this product to be honest, but maybe i expected too much. It claims that it removes "waterproof mascara", but it took me 4 (!) completely soaked cotton woll pads to remove most of my eye makeup and even after that I still needed to use other makeup removing swipes to complete the task.
The packaging is good, straight forward. There is no smell to it, it does not sting in the eyes, but I was still disappointed by the rather weak performance of this product.

Cheap, effective and, well, simple! Fragrance free so I don't get the stinging that I sometimes get with perfumed eye make up remover. I want only the gentlest, most effective things on my eyes, and being cheap too, this Simple eye make up remover does the job. What's not to like?