L'Oreal Infallible Concealer

3.4

on 8/12/2009 10:44:00 PM

Quite a good overall concealer, much better than its "infallible" foundation counterpart. I find it's best for under the eyes, and not as good for other areas of the face (ie: blemishes or around the nose). In other words, not the best for redness/discolouration.

I tried this out, it was one of the few drugstore concealers that actually concealed my undereye circles. the strange thing is that i have asian skin with yellow undertones, yet deep was the best shade that blended in with my skin? strange, but would definitely buy again.

on 6/29/2009 3:18:00 AM

This is my HG concealer. I've tried soooo many concealers but the one problem i run into is color. I'm indian and its very hard for me to find concealers that match my skintone. The medium/deep shade matches me peeeerfectly. I just swipe it on blend it and top it with cover girl translucent powder. It stays put allll day through workouts, tears, rain, etc. It looks very natural in photos and hides my dark circles completely. I hope i never have to live without this stuff!

on 6/28/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

As a concealer this wasn't that great, it was cakey and drying and really unflattering. It also didn't last long. The color also didn't really match me that well. The medium is a tad too light and the next shade is too dark. I use this to clean up my eyeshadow at the edges for a sharp line though.

on 6/17/2009 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this to use for my dark circles. I like that the shape is good for getting under my eye, however I find it a bit thick and difficult to blend. I don't believe I will repurchase because I want to try and find a liquid that blends easier and has better coverage.

on 5/4/2009 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Pros: It's easy to use and convenient to carry in your purse. It does help even out some of the redness.

Cons: Too sheer to cover any pimples or red marks from pimples.

The bottom line: I wouldn't buy this again just because it doesn't provide a lot of coverage. It barely covers anything.

on 4/29/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a pretty decent little drugstore concealer, better than covergirl but not as good as some other high end concealers like MAC or Prescriptives. I was impressed with the staying power though, as well as blendability. It's a little pricey for Loreal, might as well spend the extra few bucks on a concealer that has more shades to choose from and a creamier texture. Just ok. I'd re-purchase if I was on a really tight budget and couldn't afford my MAC.

This concealer comes in a handy size lipstick style container tube. You twist the base to push out more product, just like a lipstick. The concealer comes out slanted an angle and this is excellent for getting into the eye socket, and the perfect angle for applying under the eyes and elsewhere on the face as well.

The packaging makes this great to keep in your handbag and would be perfect to use out and about. I find this works a little better if you warm up the concealer first, either hold it in the sunlight and apply straight from the stick, or just rub it onto your hand first. I use shade 02 porcelain. It is a good concealer, it lasts just as long as more expensive brands.

I actually tested one eye with this and the other with Benefit's Boi-ing concealer (up until now that was my favourite!) and here's the results: for 4.99 the infallible concealer lasted just as long as the Benefit concealer which cost 15.50 (!!!) , the colour was slightly more yellowy but not markedly so, and it covered up the dark circles just as well. In fact the design of this product made it easier to get into the eye socket area whereas with the Benefit (which comes in a circular pot) you have to use your finger/brush. The product design has no frills, unlike the Benefit which comes packaged in a cute retro style box. At a third of the price the Infallible concealer comes out on top!!

on 3/27/2009 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love this concealer. Its definitely in my top 2 and I go back and forth between this an Physician Formula Conceal Rx. The lightest shade has a slightly yellowish cast that cancels out any redness, which is my main issue. It also blends incredibly well and makes my skin appear flawless. Also used over a tiny bit of primer this makes my pores invisible. The packaging is super crappy though and the tube that contains the actual product came loose from the outer package:( This doesn't hold quite as well as the conceal Rx but it looks *so* much better. I really hope this isn't discontinued because I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

on 3/7/2009 1:46:00 AM

This is a decent undereye concealer. It glides on smoothly for a stick concealer and lasts OK-maybe until lunch.