September 2, 2014 | 1790 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

5 lippies for sure!!! This was my first ever LUSH product I bought a few years ago and it's always been consistently such a great performer and my fave product. It's now got me hooked on all things LUSH!
I keep experimenting with different LUSH cleansers but I always come back to Fresh Farmacy. It's so calming on my skin and it calms redness as well as acne. I can't rave highly enough about this! I personally like the smell. It reminds me of something sort of medicinal but I can see how others wouldn't like it. However, the performance is well worth the smell.
If you haven't already tried this you need to!!!
EDIT: am using this with my recently purchased Olay cleansing brush (clarasonic knock off). WOW!!! I have got amazing results instantly. The brush works far better with Fresh Farmacy than with the Olay cream scrub it comes with.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by srao92

Does reduce acne by drying out the spots but unfortunately does the same for other parts of the skin too. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the tightness I feel after cleansing but I'll update in a few weeks with my final verdict.

Price decent for the duration of time you can use this over. One rating for packaging because there isn't any..

Probably would not buy it again specifically because of the drying affect and the fact that I can get similar results with other, cheaper products.

Edit: will not purchase as my skin started flaking after a few weeks of using it. Breakouts gone but I feel like I swapped that for terribly dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got this after the Lush lady recommended this to my combination skin after i really didnt like how Angels on bare skin didnt remove all my makeup ,I did however like how this remover every bit of my makeup it did make my skin a bit tight after i washes and patted it dry but nothing a full of grace serum and moisturizer cant fix (i use imperialis moisturizer ) I like how a 5$ bar of this has lasted cause it takes very little to get enough to make enough sudds to wash my face

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Loving this cleanser! This and let the good times roll are the best lush cleansers! ( Can't seem to get let the good times roll anymore though...) This is cleanser smells gorgeous, it doesn't have an overpowering smell just a slight herbal smell. It really lathers well on the face without using loads of product. It is also gentle enough to use to remove eye makeup, I massage it onto my eyelids and around leave for a few minutes then wash off with cloth, sometimes I double cleanse too. I have combination, spot prone skin and it hasn't caused me any break outs since I've used it, only had the odd spot. Wouldn't recommend this for dry or mature skin as it does make skin feel tight and dry but nothing a bit of moisturiser can't fix! Also if you have sensitive skin, get a sample first because it seems a lot of people on here who have sensitive skin have had problems with it. It cost me 4.70 for 100g which is loads and will last me ages! I also love that it is natural, cruelty free and has no packaging (: such an awsome product! Will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have sensitive skin normally, but I do suffer from mild eczema. This cleaner made my skin feel tight and itchy, and when I washed it off I was all blotchy! I don't know what was in that block, but my skin sure didn't like it. Very strange, especially as this is marketed as a cleaner for people with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by lovelornfaerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I luckily received this cleanser as a sample in one of my online orders. I say 'luckily' because prior to this, I was seriously considering investing in it, due to my sensitive, acne prone skin. As soon as I put this mush on my face, I felt a very unfamiliar stinging, itchy sensation. Then when I came to rinse it off, my skin felt unbearably tight and not all that clean. I really wanted to love this product, but sadly it's a bit of a disaster. My skin is still red, blotchy and irritated. :( If I could give this no stars, I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by MontgomeryMoss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am currently 16 years, and I've suffered from acne since I was about 12-13.
I've been through SO many products over these years, and spent so much money on this. I have had pills, tried really really expensive cleansers and toners, prescription medicine, with benzoyl peroxide in it, which made me break out in my whole face - red, swollen and really painfull, even though it worked wonders for 6 months or so before.
So using all those chemicals every night have made my skin very sensitive, and i stopped using those I got from my doctor. The time before I found Fresh Farmacy, i had all sorts of pimples. Pimple heaven. It was probably not that bad, but it really tore on my confidence, starting a new school too, and i've never been comfortable with people being close to my face in case they'd think i was grose.
I found out about LUSH while watching haul videos on youtube. We sadly dont have LUSH in Denmark, so I buy it in UK. Costs quite a bit more to get it sent, sometimes more than the actual purchase, but it is all worth it.
This is an amazing product, and Im so happy I found this. 100g lasts forever, and it is so cheap!!
This is quite drying on your skin, so use a moisturizer.
It is great for sensitive skin, this has never made my face swollen or burning.
Will buy again, until I grow up and, hopefully, wont have acne any more. Then ill find another cleanser from LUSH, that fits my needs!!

Sorry for the super long text, hahhaha!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very gentle cleanser perfect for sensitive/acne-prone skin! It doesn't irritate and has calming properties so if you're using a harsh acne cream/toner it won't hurt or sting your face but instead, cleanses and decreases redness (just a little). I don't really like the bar form because I leave it in my bathroom and if the bathroom is humid then it will start softening and turning into a mess! But otherwise, lovely gentle product from lush :) Smells nice too

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by thatacneguy

I've suffered from cystic acne for a solid 5 years (currently 17) and I have been through COUNTLESS regimens of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, clindamycin topical treatments and cleansers, and several prescriptions of antibiotics, birth control, and even a trial of accutane. None of the aforementioned treatments worked to completely resolve my acne and many of them caused severe side effects (dry skin, excessive skin reproduction, gastrointestinal discomfort, sensitivity to Sun, etc.). Though some treatments worked better than others (BP takes the cake for prescribed treatment and is still my spot treatment solution), I was fed up with dousing myself with chemicals in vain attempt to resolve my acne. Then my friend suggested me to try natural products. Without having anything to lose (my skin was equally red, oily, and cystic as it was 5 years before), I took their word and started anew with Fresh Farmacy as my cleanser and my last refill of Panoxyl 10. Lo and behold 3 months later, my face was free of cysts and prominent redness. Also, my previously out of control oil glands seemed to withdraw and my face is now far less oily and shiny. My complexion is much more even and there are no longer any painful areas on my face. However the deep scars remain and don't seem to disappear or lighten with extended use of this soap (it's been 8 months with FF now). Also my blackheads and other surface type acne don't seem to benefit from this cleanser. I realize however that no cleanser will solve all of my problems (: I regularly exfoliate with baking soda and tone with Lush's Tea Tree Water and can proudly say that my cystic acne is no more thanks to this cleanser. I theorize that the calamine does a lot to reduce redness and that the "squeaky clean" feeling this soap's tallow base creates benefits my skin the most (some 'gentle' cleansers just leave too much oil behind while 'effective' cleansers seemed to strip my skin of all that is holy and good). This soap lathers up into a creamy pile of goodness with copious amounts of water, and lasts FOREVER. I have a 100 gram bar split in two that has lasted me the whole 8 months with a tiny portion left. Though at first it seemed expensive for a bar soap of its size, it's clear that it turned into a long term investment. All in all, an EXCELLENT cleanser that I recommend to anyone suffering from inflammatory acne. Note however that because it contains natural (and volatile) essential oils, it is very possible to have an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the soap. Consult an ingredient list first before purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this soap (very calming), how clean my face feels after using it without the usual tightness I get when using other face soaps, and the fact that it seems to decrease redness on my sensitive skin. I don't use toner after washing with this soap and just put moisturizer on -- this combination has helped keep my face matte for a longer period of time after I apply my powder foundation which I'm really happy about.
***EDIT 6th Jan 2013*** I've now finished my first sliver of this soap, and I'm still loving it. Will definitely be buying it again when I've used up the entire bar (I bought a 100g bar and sliced it into smaller pieces to make it last longer -- one small piece stays in the soap dish and the rest are kept in a sealed container in my room so it won't melt)