September 2, 2014 | 1484 users online

Blush - Smashbox - O-Glow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Lakesoverocean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. To the negative reviews I can only say; we all have different needs. I don't wear foundation so I don't have the same issues some have. I love it because I am looking for something natural. I find powder looks dry and other creams look fake & don't last. O-glow tints so it looks really natural on me - gives me a glow! I have pale, olive complexion and it gives me a healthy pink. Don't let the little tube fool you, it lasts a long time. Do not over use - I only need a small pea size for both cheeks. I take a 'dot' on my fingertip and somewhat circularly, lightly rub on the apples of my cheeks. I can even apply when I am not looking in the mirror for a fast touch up. :) If they every discontinued this product I would be devastated - and not as pretty :P

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by zeezeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only checked the reviews after buying this and I admit I dont find it so bad. It seems to make your finger this crazy ice-lolly pink, which doesn't go with my olive complexion, but after about 30 minutes it seems to settle on your skin, and the colour really does look natural on me. I didn't have anything else on my face, and it deepened to a sort of corally colour, which I really like. It's way, way too expensive for what it is so I won't buy it again. Mineral blushes are much better for that "glow".

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by bevyap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a few months ago and tried it out for the winter months. I find that it has very (and I mean very) little pigment to it at all. I usually ended up going over it with a powder blush anyway. If you're using a liquid foundation it tends to mess up your tone. If you're not wearing any foundation, it's a little better, but still not the quality I was expecting from Smashbox. It's not easy to control or blend into your face, and the color isn't at all consistent, in fact to get the right amount of pigment, you have to put a lot more on. When I talked to my Smashbox sales person about it she just said, "you need to put more on." But if you put more on, you end up with this disgusting, unevenly blended layer of nasty on your face.

Not worth your time and/or money, just spend it on a good old fashion blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow--there is an alarmingly high amount of negative reviews regarding this blush. Here's the deal with my review--I purchased this a while ago. I ran low and even repurchased. Is it my "Holy Grail-Can't-Live-Without"? Not quite. However, with the onset of winter and cool weather, I've noticed that my powder blushes that I love so much (i.e. Cover fx in the light peachy color and Benefit's Dandelion) have a tendancy to look a tad on the dry side--some days the VERY dry side.
That said, I took out both my tarte blush stick in "flushed" and my Smashbox O-Glow. Now..I'll tell you something. I used to love the Tarte stick back in the day when I tanned (BACKSTORY--I had skin cancer on my face and had surgery in April--so I don't tan anymore). Now that I've embraced my "pale", the Tarte makes me look clownish.
Hence--the Smashbox O-Glow is perfect.
Now..Here is how I apply: I squeeze a little dot...very little dot on my finger and then proceed to dab this dot across my cheek. If I notice that I need a bit more, I repeat this process. I like this because you can control the color--and believe me--the color this clear gel turns into on my cheeks is very lovely. It goes on over my foundation very smoothly as well. Hint of pink--not too bland--not clownish.
It is pricey--but I've had my current tube for over a year as I use it "in season". Blush is one of those odd make-up items for me. Either it is too clownish--too pale--too dry--there always seems to be an issue with many blushes I've used over the span of many years. I have to say, this Smashbox O-Glow, along with Dandelion and that Cover FX stuff are my three favorites.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by rockxlegend

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't convinced that a product could work like this promised and i'm definitely glad I didn't get my hopes up. This product is hard to control, smears my foundation and stains my fingers. I applied this with and without make up applied first and both ways, it sucked. The strange, barbie-like color it creates is not flattering. No matter what you use to apply it, it smears and is impossible to make consistent through your whole cheek. Overall, wasn't impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Really pretty gloss. Nice consistency and makes lips look as if you've just bitten a juicy cherry. I think each chemistry handles this differently based on the other reviews, but I happen to love this gloss. I am pretty certain it will become a staple in my makeup bag!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i thought yay how awesome ! well i was sooo disapointed i didnt even make it home before i busted out (thats how bad i wanted to try it ) so i am in the car ( no mu on at all ) and i put in on and nothing ... im like huh maybe the lighting or what not .. so i drive home and go to my bathroom and try it again .. STILL NOTHING .. this product sucked for me ! i even gave it a second chance and it didnt show any color on my cheecks and so i tried again another day in diff lighting .. still nada .. so i gave it to my friends and she had bad luck with it too .. i dunno if it works better on other skin colors or if i am doing it wrong ????? but i do not like it and will not buy again or gift it ...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by birdcam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product, makes a very enhancing pink color from a clear gloss (pretty cool technology) and I use it all the time now...very nice for everyday wear, a bit more than YLBB...also very moisturizing. Especially good for my over-50 face; looks natural but with ooomph. This will be a staple for me from now on...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer-textured blush goes on smoothly and allows you plenty of time to blend in--unlike the Benetint cheekstain I used to love. I love that it looks as though the blush comes from within and it doesn't just sit on top of your skin. It does mimic that glow that you get. Naturally when I blush I'm more strawberry red-pink than the bright pink that this gives me, however, it's beautifully flattering. One drawback that I have to agree with another reviewer, is that while blending, this does ball up my foundation (currently using Playstick in Jump Rope). I worry that my foundation will look uneven where I've blended, but strangely it doesn't. I would repurchase this for it's no-fuss=pretty blush function. I've tried the gloss, too, and love it just as much. Four star because of the foundation balling.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by beautyquuueeenie

Wow, what a complete rip off. It does not react to your skin it reacts to the oxygen when it is exposed. It gives everyone the SAME colour, and does not adjust to every skin tone, its the same bright pink. It also balls up foundation. In other words, do not even bother purchasing this product.