September 3, 2014 | 1531 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Medicated

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

This has been my HG treatment for "OH GOD" chapped lips. When I was a girl this had JUST come out around the time an allergy attack had left my lips dry and nearly cracking. I used it for immediate relief and in about a day and a half, a solid week's worth of chapping had healed. I always keep a tube of this around JUST in case, this is the number one thing for flu or cold ravaged lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by nic_b

If I can only take two products to a desert island, it'd be sunscreen (so I don't fry!) and THIS. I use this every single night at bedtime, and have for about eight or nine years. I'd always, always fought chapped lips, especially in the winter. Not anymore. This stuff ROCKS. I keep it in my nightstand and use it last thing before shutting out the light.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by huongmoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know medicated sounds gross but I've been using this stuff for years. There's nothing wrong with my lips but just like everyone else's they are a little dry and could always use some more moisture. It leaves a fresh feeling on your lips and they are soft afterwards. I just think I'm hooked on the stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I love the tingling of this Chapstick, it doesn't have any SPF so I can't wear it during the day and it is nowhere near as good as my regular nighttime lip treatment (Lansinoh Lanolin) at moisturizing. In my opinion, I think this moisturizes better than the original Chaptick (in the black tube) or Chapstick Lip Moisturizer with SPF 15 (Dark blue tube). I do like how my lips look a little pinker after applying this, but there really is no place for it to fit in my routine. So I will not buy again. If they made this with SPF of 15 or higher, I would snatch up a bunch!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ljavy8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm torn b/w giving this a great review and a terrible one. I have used this for years and I think my lips have become so used to it that they do not produce enough moisture on their own so I am forced to keep on using it. I apply at least 12x per day and if I go a few hours without it my lips get dry and peel. So i keep using it. My BF hates it though and thinks I need to go to CA (Chapstick Anonymous).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally use Softlips lip balm SPF20 but for some reason the other day I developed really uncomfortable, chapped, flaky lips. Having never used Chapstick before, and the Allure book suggesting it was a good base for lipstick, I picked up this. The shop only had medicated which I was a bit dubious about as I thought it may smell/taste very strong. It's not unflavoured but the taste isn't repellent.

I used it in the morning and by the evening my lips were flake free! Fantastic stuff! Highly recommended!