Chapstick Medicated

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Camphor (1%) (External Analgesic), Menthol (0.6%) (External Analgesic), Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant), Phenol (0.5%) (External Analgesic) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Propionate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Fragrance, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Light Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenyl Methicone, Propylparaben, Waxes

on 4/18/2009 4:25:00 PM

My lips get so flaky, dry and chapped especially during cold winters and hot summers. This easy to fit in your handbag medicated chapstick is fantastic. It has a liquid texture so instantly moisturizes. A great product and a lip saviour!

on 3/25/2009 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Very nice when you lips are chapped and flaky.

Does what it says on the label! It really does get rid of chapped, dry, flaky lips. Unlike stuff like Vaseline, which just sit on your lips making it look a wetter, shinier and prettier but not really moisturizing, it actually does penetrate your lips and you feel it working! The menthol or whatever medicated stuff they have in it make it refreshing, and it's not overpowering, I love the smell! It's sort of vanillary, minty.
But what seals this for me is it's price. You could probably get a better lip balm/chapstick for a lot more money (though I've yet to find one myself), but add up it's value for money and it's effectiveness, and it's a winner.
There is only one complaint which another reviewer has mentioned, and that is that you can get addicted to it, I think I use it more than I'd like to...

on 2/5/2009 11:31:00 PM

A winter staple! I always have one in my purse, and bedside. Cools, and relieves burning, irritated lips with a nice tingle too.

on 10/28/2008 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is THE perfect overnight treatment for seriously dry and chapped lips -- and believe me, I have had experiences with that and tried a lot of different lip butters, creams, chapsticks, you name it. Hands down, this one is the BEST! If I put it on my lips before I go to bed, I wake up with soft, moisturized lips the next morning however bad they were the evening before.
It might be a little thick for daytime use, but if you use it at night, you're unlikely to need it during the day anyway.

on 9/24/2008 9:09:00 PM

This has been my HG treatment for "OH GOD" chapped lips. When I was a girl this had JUST come out around the time an allergy attack had left my lips dry and nearly cracking. I used it for immediate relief and in about a day and a half, a solid week's worth of chapping had healed. I always keep a tube of this around JUST in case, this is the number one thing for flu or cold ravaged lips.

on 8/13/2007 7:32:00 PM

If I can only take two products to a desert island, it'd be sunscreen (so I don't fry!) and THIS. I use this every single night at bedtime, and have for about eight or nine years. I'd always, always fought chapped lips, especially in the winter. Not anymore. This stuff ROCKS. I keep it in my nightstand and use it last thing before shutting out the light.

on 7/28/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I know medicated sounds gross but I've been using this stuff for years. There's nothing wrong with my lips but just like everyone else's they are a little dry and could always use some more moisture. It leaves a fresh feeling on your lips and they are soft afterwards. I just think I'm hooked on the stuff.

on 7/3/2007 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

While I love the tingling of this Chapstick, it doesn't have any SPF so I can't wear it during the day and it is nowhere near as good as my regular nighttime lip treatment (Lansinoh Lanolin) at moisturizing. In my opinion, I think this moisturizes better than the original Chaptick (in the black tube) or Chapstick Lip Moisturizer with SPF 15 (Dark blue tube). I do like how my lips look a little pinker after applying this, but there really is no place for it to fit in my routine. So I will not buy again. If they made this with SPF of 15 or higher, I would snatch up a bunch!

on 3/6/2007 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm torn b/w giving this a great review and a terrible one. I have used this for years and I think my lips have become so used to it that they do not produce enough moisture on their own so I am forced to keep on using it. I apply at least 12x per day and if I go a few hours without it my lips get dry and peel. So i keep using it. My BF hates it though and thinks I need to go to CA (Chapstick Anonymous).

Popular Lip Treatments