November 23, 2014 | 2040 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Nesian1

Wow. I love and lust this lol

This is my HG flat iron spray. What I love most about it (aside from the fruity scent) is the amazing mirror like shine it gives my dark hair, and the pump and nozzle on the bottle sprays an ultra fine mist so doesnt waste the product. Thats a good thing cause this is pretty expensive, but with all S Factor products, a little truly does go a long way.

I have long fine (but lots of it) dyed hair that reaches the middle of my back and I only need perhaps 4 sprays to do my whole head. I would be careful to concentrate on the ends and mid lengths as it will make your hair look greasy closer to your roots.

I spray twice directly onto my hands and the rub them together and smooth through one half of my hair then do the same for the other half, then I smooth through the top of my hair with whatever is left on my hands. That works for me :) I've found that I have less breakage using this, and I just cant get over the amazing shine! I will be repurchasing this again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by liil56

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You can't control too much about how much product you put in your hair because the pump nozzle is terrible.
BUT the product is really fantastic. my hair was much, much shinier and less frizzy, and the smell was surprisingly nice. it's a pity it's so expensive, but you shouldn't spray on too much anyway (or it'll turn out oily. i've been careful about that)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This is not better than the skinny serum. It feels and look greasy and the spray pumps more than you need (short hair). I choose the skinny serum over this any day. Would not buy again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely use heating products on my hair ...... I have hot rollers, a straightening iron and curling irons, but yet although I have found products to protect my hair from heat, I still freak out due to not wanting to damage my hair ...... I prefer to dry and style my hair naturally. On the rare occasions that I do use heat, I use a product from Sexy Hair Concepts, however, I ran out and instead picked up S-Factor Heat Defender recently and this stuff rocks!!!!!!!!! I love the way my hair dries naturally, however, there are times I want a different style ...... I always let my hair dry naturally after washing and then if I feel the need to use a heating product, I spray S-Factor Heat Defender on dry hair and use my heating tool of choice and I have no heat damage ...... a few times now, I wanted my naturally wavy hair to have a few chunkier curls, and have used a 1" barrell curling iron on a few pieces of my hair to blend in and am always shocked when I see how this S-Factor product protects my hair from the heat ...... I still fear heat, but atleast the few times that I do experiment with heating tools, I will know that S-Factor Heat Defender is protecting my hair ....... I know that mostly everyone uses this with a straightening iron, but it works well with a curling iron as well as I find that it does not flatten or loosen my natural waves. (a huge plus is that this work nicely as a shine product as well ..... definitely spray lightly to avoid a case of the greasies.) This product is super $$$$, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by herbina77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite product with flat irons, and I have tried plenty. I love the smell and it does help to do the flattening job. The only thing is that you have to be very careful to use only a small amount, otherwise it'll make your hair look greasy. And the cap breaks easily, I got mine used and without the cap since the previous owner had already broken it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by WheatBread

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Someone else mentioned this had the same ingredients as a Beyond the Zone product, but as an owner of both of them, I can tell you this SO much lighter on the hair.

I really like this product. Gave me a super sleek plat iron job. (And not as heavy as the BTZ "Turn Up the Heat")

This is my new favorite heat protectant.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by barbeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have tried many heat protectants, but this one is by far the best! It makes my hair shiny, healthy looking and smooth and it smells great. It can make your hair greasy, so be careful and do not use too much of it, I would not recommend this product to people with greasy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Loved it! It smells amazing like rocket Popsicles! And it makes my hair super shiny and soft, perfect for styling.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by ginaynz

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. My HG Heat Defender.

1. Smells Amazing (I'm very picky with my hair products. - Reason why I hate the Chi one it smells awful)
2. Not Greasy at all
3. Don't need to Much. (I Flat Iron my hair 3x's a week and I've had it for 5 months. My hair is a little below my shoulders but I have A lot.)

1. Price!!! I paid 27 dollars, can't buy it just anywhere =(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best heat defense spray I've ever used, i think it would be hard to find one that was any better. It smells great like all s-factors products, doesn't weigh the hair down as its very light, i would describe it as a 'dry spray' as other brands I've used can make the hair very wet, makes the hair very shiny and smooth and the results last until next time you wash your hair. There's no danger of accidentally spraying too much on and making your hair greasy because as its so light it doesn't make your hair greasy at all and the spray is also very good so its easy to distribute it evenly through your hair! And as with all Tigi's products it lasts ages so is probably cheaper in the long run to buy compared to hightstreet brands, mine lasts just over a year, i have long hair and use it 3 times a week, every week :)