Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain

2.8

Water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2 Hexanediol/Caprylyl Glycol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 11680), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, Mica, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid

on 7/9/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is the last time I buy into one of those youtube beauty bloggers. I canít tell you how much money Iíve spent on products that they rave about and I end up throwing money in the toilet....This lip stain accentuates dry lips, has a horrible minty taste like the dental floss your dentist gives you, and leaves a very unappealing color to your lips once it wears off (which is very fast). I have the light peach and the bright pink. When you first put on the light peach it has a nice sheen to it, is true to color. Over time, as it wears off, it turns orangey-pink. Like youíve been drinking orange soda or eating a popsicle. Itís so ugly. Why would a nude peach turn your lips into a bright orangey-pink? Yuck! The pink does the same thing, leaves a horrendous pink color stain to your lips. I know itís a lip stain but it should look nice, not look like youíve been eating popsicles all day. Good idea, bad product, bad formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this product in "crave", and I will start by saying it's a very pretty dark purple/plum with a hint of red to it. It definitely stains your lips. The product lasted in Chicago humidity as I ate, drank, and worked out. However, there are a few things about this product that I don't like. The first one is that it's very drying on my lips. Even when I apply the balm portion of the product, I don't feel like I am getting enough moisture; and dry lips are very uncomfortable. The other thing that made this product lose points is that the balm portion broke off already, and I have only used this a handful of times.

Overall, the color is nice, it lasts for a long time, and it doesn't transfer. If it didn't break and was more moisturizing, I would have given it more stars.

on 6/12/2012 6:57:00 PM

This is a nice product, but the shade looks a lot different on my lips than it does on the packaging. I bought the shade Dawn, which looks like a nice peachy-mauve color on the container, but on my lips, it's a deep blood red color. I have fair skin, so this was a surprise. Still, I'll be using it anyway.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i have this in desire. i tried a covergirl lip stain before this, but i like just bitten much better. as a whole, i feel the color lasts much longer and the balm pairs pretty well with the stain. however, the packaging is awful- the balm sticks out about half an inch, so you have to be careful while applying, or else it will just break off. i'm saving up to purchase stila's lip stain, but just bitten is a pretty good drugstore substitute for now.

on 5/24/2012 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have 'Passion' and 'Desire', and they're both long lasting and stain my lips even coupled with lip balm, unlike some other drugstore lip stains I've tried. The marker can apply a bit unevenly, however, so you have to a) have smooth lips for it to work best and b) paint on the color carefully.

on 5/1/2012 1:32:00 AM

I am pretty pale all over and have ridiculously pale lips. I hate it! I've found that having a color a couple of shades darker than my natural (nonexistent) color is most flattering on me, and I had been using lipsticks up until now. However,
1. Lipsticks taste bad
2. They come off on cups (and boyfriends) and generally just disappear
3. They can feel heavy on your lips

I wanted something natural-looking (like the color I should've been born with-- a healthy looking flush) that would last a long time, and stains were the answer.
I bought revlon's lip stains in Dawn, first, which I LOVE. Such a beautiful and natural coral-rose color that will perk up any skintone and looks very healthy. Lasts for hours without touchups and is buildable.
The second color I bought is forbidden, which is also natural-looking but less coral-y and slightly darker. Also a very pretty and real-looking shade. I love them both. Also, they don't budge! No smearing. Ever.

These worked well for me and I never experienced many of the typical issues (i.e. uneven distribution, extreme drying, ring around the outside lip area) but that's because I keep my lips very moisturized all the time.

I now couldn't live without these! I can kiss and drink from white cups and go through the day without touching up, getting "eww, your lipstick tastes gross" from my bf, or just generally making a mess. Recommended!

on 4/13/2012 3:05:00 AM

Does not go on evenly, balm should have a winder, it just sticks out and breaks off easily. Lip stain is quite drying. Not a reliable product unfortunately.

on 3/1/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this in the shade Lust. This was a big disappointment. First use the balm broke off! The stain is ehh, not that crazy bought the color when I put it on. This was a big waste of my money. You would be better off with Wet n Wood's Mega Last long wear lip color in the shade of 364A. Its much cheaper, comes with more balm, and the balm stayed on.

on 2/27/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have this product in desire. Lovely color, just a little more pink than my lips. Like the application and the color is perfectly understated. Totally ideal if you want a natural, none lipstick look. It does not last that long, but I really love the color. If I could find a lip crayon or jumbo liner in this color it would be a major hg. It also dries out pretty fast, like after a month of use.

on 2/20/2012 1:33:00 PM

Had a great coupon for this --- bought it @ the local walgreens.. used it once and the colorless end broken off! I plan to return it ASAP! Really disappointed!