November 24, 2014 | 1872 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

I have the tube version which is easy to get out every last drop. The price was ok as I got the 3 for 2 offer so it works out a lot cheaper. A nice comfortable serum that leaves skin clear and smooth. 30ml used twice daily lasted me about 2 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by cvoor

I had high hopes for this intense beauty serum, and could not wait to get it from Target. Well, it is nice, smooth, but had to use a little more for equal coverage. It is ok, nothing spectacular,made my skin smooth, brightened skin, but did not notice any remarkable improvements in my skin, but I am glad I tried it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Picked this up solely because it was recommend by Good Housekeeping. It was cheap & easy to get at Target so I gave it a try. Does not hydrate whatsoever and with it being winter & my skin is already aging and norm/dry I could use a bit. I used the whole bottle up and was liberal in applying the product but I just never felt the HG wave come over me. Did not feel it did anything to my fine lines & since it doesn't hydrate, smooth my face like a primer or make my skin glow so I am going to pass on repurchasing this. There are better products out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Debaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've heard so much about this and hoped it would be my HG. I have been using it day and night for less than a week so it may be too soon to say- I will update as I go along. My first impression is this...
Absorbs well
Doesn't do anything for moisturizing
Need 2 pumps to cover my face
Haven't noticed any improvement in my skin
I got this because it was said to help with tone and fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by missdana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product. For the first 2 weeks it worked really good then it started to break my skin out. I stopped for a while and my face cleared up. When I tried it again, my face broke out (again) - so I stopped and took a break and tried one my time. Nope, broke me out again. Maybe the cream version would let my skin breath better (no break outs) vs a serum.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for the intense serum. It really doesn't agree with me. I've tried this twice for a few days (with a break in between) and it just seems to give my forehead loads of tiny lumps. I'm not sure if there's silicone in this treatment, but it certainly contains an ingredient that doesn't suit me. I think the price is very steep and I will definitely not re purchase this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Much better than a chafing gel primer... those are all silicone and this makes skin feel like velvet without just sitting on the surface. I have the Smashbox primer too, and it just sits on the surface of your skin. It claims to build a bridge over wrinkles, but I don't have any or fine lines either. I just want a good light weight primer that doubles as a skincare serum. It has other skin improving ingredients besides wrinkle repair. $20 is nothing in the beauty industry, and it's worth it. I'd say the original is good for people 35 and under with mild to no sun damage or wrinkles. The intense version is good for those 30 and over with moderate fine lines and wrinkles. We all age differently, so you can guess which one is right for you. I've made a seperate link for the Intense version because these are very different and it deserves it's own page.

RIGHT NOW THERE IS A $2 OFF COUPON FOR TARGET ON THE BOOTS US WEBSITE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by emily420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loove this serum! my mom uses this, and so do i (she doesn't know that of course, haha)
Yeah i'm only 15 years old, and many people would think that 15 is too young for this, but you know what? too bad. It is never too early to start using anti aging products. i was 8 years old when i first started using anti aging moisturizers. and my skin is perfect.
i find this serum evens out my skin tone and makes it look REALLY smooth. the first time i started using this was before i went to school in the morning, and when i got to school all my girlfriends were like "i like your skin emily" and i was like "thaaanks ;) " and its all because of this.
i use this after cleansing and moisturize after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jakeeangel

INTENSE SERUM!

I am absolutely loving this serum. I seem forever on the hunt for a good moisturizer and my quest led me to Boots No7 products. I've used Estee Lauder's Night Repair but didn't feel or notice a difference, except in my pocket book that is. Man, that stuff's expensive! I don't mind too too much if I see or feel a product is working but I honestly didn't notice a difference. Meh

I also tried Philosophy's WHINE serum for a couple of years. I found that to be just ok. I never found it to be anything that 'wowed' me but I used it until I finished it. I bought a huge bottle from QVC.

I wanted something that I would see and/or feel working not just some expensive brand name product that was supposed to work or I'd feel after many months of use or several finished bottles of product. I don't expect an instant miracle but I'd like to see or feel something when I use a product. Some hint that I've spent my money on something worthwhile.

Then I found Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect. I'd heard incredible things about the serum and thought, what the heck. Shoppers in Canada had the stuff on sale for 25% off and a points promotion that if I spent $30 I'd get 8,000 points. Double what the heck!! lol

I bought it and played with the other stuff to decide which moisturizer I'd like. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and am really, truly, madly in love. It's a wondrous product! I simply adore how it feels on my face. I can't stop feeling how soft my skin is. I use it morning and night. I actually feel a difference in my skin in the short time I've been using it. It feels so much softer and I am starting to see a teeny bit of difference in lines around my eyes and mouth. It's only been two weeks but even if there's no big visible difference, which I'm not expecting, I do feel a difference and that's enough for me to keep using it. It can only get better from here I think.

I hate feeling greasy mid-day or when I wake up so I worried about using a serum and a moisturizer together but I'm not finding a problem with these products. It is wonderful and I will certainly buy it again and not the Night Repair or WHINE. I actually bought two during the 25% off sale. LOL

I highly recommend the Protect & Perfect Intense Serum. One Shoppers I visited had a huge stock of the stuff, around 40 bottles or so. I hadn't seen that many, 3 - 5 was the norm I'd seen in different stores, and one of the staff told me that they have people that buy 5 or 6 bottles of it at a time when they go on sale so they stocked up. (that's what pushed me to get the second bottle) I don't regret it.

I love the glass bottle. I love the pump that gives you the perfect amount of product to use and I especially love how my skin feels after using it for only a couple of weeks. I am definately hooked on this serum. I can't wait to see and feel the difference in my skin after months or years of using it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

This works!! I use it on fine lines on my forehead and the corners of my mouth (they are not deep or obvoius though) and i have definiely noticed an improvement!! Will continue to use in conjunction with the P&P night cream (the day cream is too heavy for me). Great product that delivers!