November 26, 2014 | 1759 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Love Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair Type: dry, overdyed, thin, some fine strands and some coarse ones, some frizz

For the past few months, I have been using the Love SMOOTHING Conditioner for harsh and frizzy hair. It comes in a plastic tub with a removable top. You have to dip your fingers in to get this thing out. The conditioner is a pretty pink shade. It's extremely rich and thick. A little goes a long way for me because I have such thin hair. If you have very thick or long hair, I suggest that you purchase a bigger tub. This conditioner definitely helps get rid of some of my frizz. When I get out of the shower, my hair totally feels like butter. It also has a very nice, sweet smell that stays in my hair. My only real problem is that it's pretty expensive. I spent $9 on 2.5 oz. I would definitely repurchase though. I have tried lots of hair conditioners and none work as well as this. I'm willing to shell out the extra cash for something that works for me...except this time, I am going to purchase a bigger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by run2thesun2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can only say one thing: LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sap483

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to wait a while before reviewing this product to see if I still liked it after a few months. I absolutely LOVE this brand. So far, every single product I've used: Love Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner, Relaxing Fluid, Volume Mousse, Defining Gloss, and Finest Oil Non-Oil have exceeded my expectations. I was really bummed when Alterna changed the formula of some of their products, and didn't think I'd ever find anything to replace it. Well I definitely have!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by olivia1173

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My normally fine straight frizz free hair has become very poofy and out of shape lately...(all the blowdrying and straightening has finally taken its toll) so after hearing rave reviews about this line I decided to give it a go. I have to say I am very happy with the results. My hair went very straight and shiny (and smooth) with hardly any work this morning. I am a wash everyday kinda girl so I need something pretty heavy duty to keep my hair in shape and I think this is just the product. While I love the results Im not thrilled about the tub it comes in....it is very hard to open with wet hands in the shower. I am also not thrilled about the scent. It smells very herbal to me...not fond of it but it goes away quickly and I love the results more than I hate the smell so this will be a product I order over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by palibin

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this conditioner (for Harsh and Frizzy hair) after reading the reviews here and I am not disappointed. After the first use, it left my coarse thick sometimes frizzy hair soft, smooth, and shiny. I agree that the tub packaging is not the best, but it's a very thick product and would be impossible to get out of a tube. I have also used this with the Love shampoo for Harsh Frizzy hair which is extremely gentle. I may have to use a clarifying shampoo once a week, but that's ok by me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't live without Davines Love (Harsh & Frizzy) shampoo and conditioner. Makes my curly hair manageable, super soft and smell great...

I've recently used L'oreal Professional Volume Extreme Shampoo with it and I do think that this combination makes my hair... too soft...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This product makes me happy :). I have course wavy/curly hair and this makes it soft and shiny while helping to define my curls. It is *super* moisturizing, more than any other conditioner I've tried and I've tried lots. I also love the smell. I don't however love the container as others have said. The product itself is super thick and heavy and the container is this flimsy plastic thing and the lid doesn't even screw on right. The price is a bit steep but it's worth it imo. I use it with the matching love shampoo for curly hair or head and shoulders sometimes for my dry scalp. Try it! You will be happy you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by grumpy37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this conditioner for a couple weeks. It really delivers on making your hair soft and smooth. I hate the tub that it comes in but it is worth it for the results. There are two versions of the love conditioner. I have thick coarse hair with a slight wave and I bought the version for curly hair since the ingred looked better. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Ladyblackwulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the name!!

First off my hair is damaged and dry due to chemical relaxing every 3 to 4 month

All I can say is it works great, it left my hair smooth and soft after a blow out. And it really helps after a Protein treatment.

The smell can be a bit overpowering, but if you rinse it out really well there is no lingering smell.

one bad thing i have noticed, it leaves the bathtub a bit slippery

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by carcas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In a word: results. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this stuff really transforms my thick, wavy, frizzy, hair. A lot of products deliver shine, but this really makes my hair more manageable (and that alone is worth the price). To be honest, I rarely need a finishing product when I use it (when I do, a little Brilliantine pairs nicely). And, as others have said, the scent is terrific.