L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

on 1/22/2012 1:53:00 AM

I purchased the L'Oreal telescopic mascara and the eyeliner came as a bonus in the package - which was lovely at the time. I only use liquid eyeliners as virtually every pencil liner smudges on my oily eyelids. My go-to liquid eyeliner is the L'Oreal Lineur Intense and I thought, hey the Telescopic shouldn't be too far off.
The Telescopic liner was quite the opposite: The fluid was extremely runny; I thought it was running out even when I just opened the package. The brush tip is thick so it's difficult to create a 'winged' eye. I have it in the 'charcoal' but it was a very watery grey.
Eventually It was time to replace my Lineur Intense but with no time to reach a drug store, I resorted to using the Telescopic.

Despite its watery consistency, the colour begins to show up after more than a couple of strokes on the same area of the lid. My one and only favourite thing about the Telescopic is that IT DOES NOT BUDGE. Even my Lineur Intense starts to smudge on me after a few hours! (I use UrbanDecayPP religiously!)

*Verdict: Use the Telescopic if you're going for a natural daytime eye VS a bold dramatic cat eye as the Telescopic will not deliver.

on 1/9/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Beauty #FAIL. I thought I was using this stuff wrong. The color on the felt tip brush would run out as I was mid-way through painting a lash. It always looked messy on my face, like I was going for some kind of 80's hair band look. And when the stuff wore out midday it would fall of my face in black flecks. At night, what remained it wouldn't come off, even with Lancome makeup remover, and I'd end up accidentally scrubbing off an eyelash or two.

When the plastic bottle cracked as I was screwing it closed, I had to get a new eyeliner. That's when I realized my problem was the eyeliner, not me.

The other stuff went on perfectly. It didn't come off in black flecks like I had a freaky case of eye dandruff. I lost the 80's hair band look, The only time it runs is in the evening when I rub my eyes.

on 12/31/2011 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got the waterproof....very dissapointed to say the least. I really wanted an eyeliner to do sharp lines, and this does that...to a fault, it looks like someone put plastic on my face, and it flakes off in one piece as such. I hate the fact that if I don't shake it for like 2 minutes the applicator comes out of the bottle yellow? This also irritates my eyes more so than anything else I have tried. It also transfers very easy onto my brow...but doesn't come off nearly as simple.

on 11/14/2011 8:25:00 PM

I got the waterproof version. I'm surprised at the low ratings that it got.

It's not that horrible. I guess it depends on what you are use to. I like using this type of applicator and I like the style of it. I find it easier for me to use.

Now this product. It's not the best one that I have tried. The color is just right for mine and I got black. However, this is slightly more watery than what I'm use to. When I wipe it off or when I rub my eye lid(my bad habit) it chips off a bit. It doesn't smudge for me or crease and that's amazing for me because I kind of have those chinky eyes.

on 11/11/2011 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

telescopic carbon black eye liner is a dark black eye liner that: dries fast,no mess,lines equally,easy to do a winged eyes,stay on long,doesn't smudge.perfect eye liner! For me it is easy now to do my wings!love it!

on 10/28/2011 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have bought this over and over in the waterproof formulation. I have a horrible problem with eyeliner smudging on me because my eye area is so oily. This stuff rocks and I reach for it everyday. It does not move!

Oily girls out there: do yourself a favor and get some of this in the waterproof formula. You will love it!

on 10/20/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like this eyeliner. I bought it on a whim and it definitely does the job of defining the upper lash line with precision. It is a stiff tip and I think that plays a huge factor into the result. I do feel this is an applicator that would require someone to have a bit of practice with as it is really easy to get a wonky line. However, using it daily, I can get the defined lash line look for the day. I got carbon black and works well for me on my tan skin. This definitely works as a great eyeliner for night as well. I never repurchase the same liquid liner twice, but this is definitely better than L'oreal's lineur intense felt tip and brush tip as the formula does not flake and the color pay off is a true carbon black.

on 10/15/2011 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the applicator on this, but the color is horrible. I bought this in carbon black and it comes out a light gray. I wanted something with more pigment. Wouldn't buy again.

on 9/12/2011 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm extremely bad with liquid liners. I'm always in awe of anyone who can apply liquid eyeliner precisely because to me, it's just awfully difficult. With other liners in the past, I would always do pretty decent on one eye and then mess up on the other. There was always a wet q-tip handy because without fail, I would always mess up on one eye. I don't know if it's the shaky hands or what but with this eyeliner, I feel like I have more control. Though I find it a bit expensive because there's not a whole lot of product to me, it works. It gives me control and I do a pretty good job. I like the color and I like the way it looks. Some liquid liners are hard to work with but this one to me is easiest.

I still envy those of you who apply liquid eyeliner effortlessly!

on 8/27/2011 5:50:00 PM

I've only ever used two liquid liners (this one and a Jillian dempsey for Avon) I thought it worked well the brush is felt and tapered at the end so you can create a thin line. It's also easy to fix if you make a mistake cause the formula is really wet and you can just whick away the mistake before it dries. Only problem was it lasted a few months but eventually went bad and came out clear.... weirddddd.