April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kmerrett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic! I have the 'blush' one and didn't think a dry shampoo would work for me. My hair is fussy in the sense that I have to shampoo/condition it everyday and dry it with the hair dryer or it looks greasy. I have used this dry shampoo at the end of the day when getting ready to go out if I don't have time to have a shower. It makes my hair soft and fluffy and as though I have just dried it. I have also found if I go to bed with dry hair then in the morning I can use this dry shampoo without and my hair stays nice and soft. Normally my hair looks flat and greasy if I just tie it up without washing it but this dry shampoo does a great job if you don't have time to shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product left my hair greasier than when it started, which is strange for a dry shampoo. It was powdery and hard to blend into my fine, thin, natural blonde hair.

I have switched the Klorane dry shampoo and it's no fuss, adds volume, and sucks up oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by katgolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I picked up a travel size bottle of Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry on a whim. Damn Ulta and those little travel kiosks by the register! Since I don't wash my hair super often sometimes I find I need a little extra umph to get me through a day.

In the past I'd used Frederic Fekkai – Au Naturel Dry Shampoo at twice the price. The problem I found with it was that it was hard to distribute easily. The ketchup style bottle was a bit weird and I lost the cap with in a week. I'd always end up with too much in some spots and so I'd have to work it in vigorously which often would leave my scalp actually feeling dry and itchy later in the day.

I like Batiste's fun scents, but I don't find they linger which is fine with me too. It was easy to get a light application and I didn't notice any ashy color in my light brown hair. I got great volume and a sexy sort of bed head look that I amped up with hair spray. The travel size bottle is small enough to easily toss in my purse for a mid-day pick me up. Of course I love the retro kitsch packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by thisisnotindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the blonde version. I love this stuff! It has a pleasant vanilla fragrance that fades within one hour. I have platinum hair and it doesn't look powdery or like dandruff in my hair. I bought mine at Urban Outfitters for $8.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I really do enjoy this product. I find it's the best dry shampoo I've tried. But the only downside is I do not care for the scented ones and I also just recently bought the "XXL Volume" one. I was looking forward to trying it and getting big bouncy soft hair, but I went to spray it on my hair and my hair felt crunchy, it's almost like I sprayed perfume in my hair. It makes my roots seem more greaser than they were to begin with! But other than that, the regular ones work like a charm! Defiantly repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished my second bottle of this and I already can't wait to get a new one. This is probably the best out of the best dry shampoos out there. The price is not very attractive since it is kind of expensive (I buy mine at Winners since they have the cheapest price - even cheaper than Walmart) but it is totally worth it. It definitely makes me feel like the oil in my hair is completely gone when I use it. However, I guess every experience is different in regards to which Batiste product you use (since they come in different varieties).

The first one I tried which I think is the one with the Leopard print is good, the only think that I didn't like about it is the way it smelled. It is too strong and overpowering, I feel like suffocating sometimes.Then I tried a second bottle, which is the pink volumizing one. I really like it a lot since my hair tends to be a tad-bit on the flat side when I don't wash it and it worked perfectly well except for the sticky feeling it leaves my hair when I use it, i suppose it helps with volumizing so whatever, I guess I don't mind it. And also, one of my biggest beefs when it comes to this product is that it would help A LOT if they put a lot more product in there. I feel like a buy a new bottle every so often when I don't even use it a lot :/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

My hair is usually oil after 3rd day. To try to save time, hair color and hair breakage I needed a dry shampoo. I wish i had found this years ago!! Works great. Cheap and get well over 15-20 uses per bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I have very oily roots which means my hair needs washing every day. I had tried Batiste dry shampoo in the past with no success but thought I'd try it again. I followed other MUA reviewers' advice when spraying it on and my hair still looks greasy. I will finish the can but then I'll probably give up. Shame, as it would have been an absolute godsend if it had worked for me. Its probably not suitable for those with very oily roots, just a moderate level of oiliness.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Narieh14

This is a pretty meh dry shampoo. It left white, powdery flecks on my hair an didn't soak up oil on my roots. I prefer the tresseme one much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I absolutely love dry shampoos and am crazy about this brand. They have 5-6 scents that all smell great. The product does come out as a white powder so I do a couple of things to combat having splotches of white in my hair. First of all, with any dry shampoo that comes in an aerosol spray one must shake the can very well before applying. This helps to make sure that the powder hasn't settled in the bottom, if this isn't done regularly you will run out of dispersant before using all the product. Secondly, you have to spray the product holding the can 8" or more away and move the can around so that the product doesn't shoot in just one spot. Also give yourself 30 minutes or more between spraying the product and styling your hair, I have even sprayed it on my hair liberally before going to bed and the next morning I have no white powder residue, all the excess oil is absorbed and I have tons of volume.

Using dry shampoos has helped me extend my blowout and style and has kept my hair in great shape since I am not washing and styling daily. I also use a good boar's hair brush (Mason Pearson) that helps to distribute the oils along the entire hair shaft so that they don't collect at the scalp. If you are using and not getting good results just try lengthening the amount of time you leave the product on your hair before brushing so that it has time to absorb the oils. Hope this helps and that you find the product as useful as I do.