September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Moisturizers - Atopalm MLE Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by dollface6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the MLE Face Cream (in the tube).

I just wish I could give this product 10 STARS!! It is awesome and finally at the age of 53, I have finally found a face cream that I cannot live without. I have always enjoyed good, clear normal skin but at menopause it turned into a wicked witch! I got horrid red dry patches (exzema) and even some breakouts. I started my rounds of buying and trying creams that would return my lovely skin to me. I got samples of steroid creams, Elidel, etc and they worked but did not moisturize so well and hey, who can afford $92 for a tube of Elidel?

Fortunately I got an email from skinstore.com offering 20% off and free shipping and went snooping around their offerings for sensitive "disturbed" skin. I found the Atopalm with a whopping +80 five star reviews and I knew I had to try it. Oh my gosh, it is truly an unbelievable product. Even though the tube is small, you only need a pea sized amount to do your face. After using it ONE DAY, my exzema patches are completely gone and the skin is baby butt smooth. I kid you not. I bought 3 more tubes immediately! Unscented and sinks in immediately with no shine.

Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by JBAngel1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cream is unbelievable - I'm reviewing what is classed as the body cream in a jar with a red lid. I learned about it from Skin Solutions Dr Baumann boo (if you haven't read this book, go and buy it now). I have mild to moderate rosacea with combination skin. I had tried everything to try and sort out my nose which was annoyingly covered in bumps and lumps, bright red and somehow oily but flaking off in clumps at the same time. I got this cream and immediately thought that it would be way to rich for my face. One applicaton that night and my face particularly my nose was calmer, less red. That was 8 months ago of continual night time use and my skin has never looked better. I had actually forgotten how bad my rosacea had been until my luggage on the way back from honeymoon a few months ago went awol with my precious mle cream in. I went 3 days not using it and by day 4 my nose was flaring red and becoming bumpy again. The bag arrived by day 4 evening, slapped the mle cream on and day 5 nose back to normal, flare gone. This cream is incredible and do not be scared of it if you have oily skin - this cream will not break you out. The only thing is that it's not great to put make up over - however now that winter is kicking in, I am putting a thin layer on in the morning as well and waiting 10 minutes and blotting with tissue before applying my mineral foundation. (everyday minerals is excellent). I cannot rate mle cream highly enough - if you have rosacea you HAVE to try this product.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by NickelEmily

This poduct is great for senstive skin. The Atopalm cream does the job. Moistuizes but is not greasy. No overpowering scent. Not only would I buy this again, I DID. Higly recmmend this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by cloud7

I received this MLE moisturizer as a freebie. I find it to be a nice moisturizer but it's not quite enough for me. At least it doesn't break me out. I have both the jar version and the tube (face) version. The jar version is slightly greasier - good for the body. I might be tempted to buy this again but only for the warmer months - just doesn't cut it for winter (my current fave for that is Avene Rich Compensating Cream).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me, dry, extremely sensitive (DSPW) skin with mild Rosacea. I was lemming the Atopalm cream ever since reading Dr. Baumann's book "The Skin Type Solution" but it is hard to purchase overhere. Thanks to a very sweet MUAer (thanks Nessa!) I received a tube of the face cream and a sample of the cream in the jar (with the red cap). ATOPALM-MLE (Multi-Lamellar Emulsion) products replenish lipids, which are essential in skin protection, and restore the skin's own barrier function allowing the skin to repair itself. The Face Cream is surprizingly light yet very moisturizing and creates a great base for makeup. The ordinary MLE Cream is quite thick and IMO too greasy for facial use (it makes a very nice night cream though) but is meant to be used all over the body and is highly moisturizing on my dry skin. I find both products to be very soothing, moisturizing and non-irritating. Very, very good products; not that expensive but it's a shame they're hard to get so therefore one lippie off. I highly recommend Atopalm for those who suffer from dry, sensitive skin and for those with Eczema and/or Rosacea!
Ingredients MLE Face Cream: Aqua, Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Myristoyl oxostearamide/arachamide MEA, PEG-15 glyceryl stearate, Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil, Cetyl alcohol, Glyceryl stearate, Macadamia ternifoliaseed oil, PEG-10 glyceryl stearate, Portulaca oleracea extract, Squalane, Anthemis nobilis flower extract, Biosaccharide gum-1, Calcium lactate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated olive oil, Hydrogenated olive oil decyl esters, Mannan, Sodium lactate, Sunflower decyl esters, Tocopheryl acetate, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) root extract, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Xanthan gum, Propylparaben, Stearic acid, BHT, Essential oil.
Ingredients MLE Cream: Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Myrisyl/Palmityl Oxostearamide/Arachamide MEA, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane, Biosaccharide Gum-1, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Sodium Lactate, Dimethicone, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sunflower Oil Decyl Esters, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantion, Stearic Acid, BHT, Essential Oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

How is it that this product can hydrate so incredibly well, not break me out and calm the little area of irritation that was lurking on my left cheek, just in one use? I absolutely love this stuff and have been using it for the past several weeks now. It is fragrance free, a little goes a long way, and it absorbs extremely well so it's not a problem putting makeup on over this. I have been using this at night and have been waking up to soft, hyrdated, pretty skin! Yay! The price is great too...and I love the tube, nice and sanitary and you can get the last drop out...repurchase for sure...this may be HG material for me...I turned a friend with rosacea onto this and he loves it too, and I plan to mention it to another friend who has severe rosacea since I have been reading such great things about what this product does for the condition.

Awesome!

UPDATE: I am removing two lippies because after about six weeks of constant use, I noticed that I started breaking out pretty badly, especially on my chin. I even broke out under my eye which is very unusual for me...I also noticed that my skin was starting to look very rough in texture and a bit loose. Got a nice fat cystic zit on my chin this time too, and that's very rare for me...whoopee...So I started using my Kiehl's Cryste Marine and my skin is soooooo much better now, and that evil cystic demon is finally subsiding after residing on my face for three weeks...How strange that I was all right when I used the sample of this stuff for the first three weeks (and that was the supposedly more rich cream), but as soon as I bought MLE cream in a tube I started reacting to it. Too bad...I might try this on the area near my nose and see if I can tolerate it. But there's no way I'd ever apply this to my entire face again...

I should have known I'd react to the oils in this...my skin hates olive oil, and I'm sure it isn't happy with the other oils either!

If you have reactive skin, beware...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmm. It's a little early to tell for this one. Pros- it's incredibly silky and soaks in to leave skin silky and smooth. I also find it non-irritating.
Unscented.

Unclear: I'm not sure this will be emollient for super dry winter skin, which is what I was looking for. The weather is too humid & warm to tell - but in a month I'll know. Will update.

So far, it's the only one I'm reaching for, so it gets a 4 pending update.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the Atopalm MLE face cream. I love it!!! I bought this from the skinstore.com on the recommendations of my dermalogist and I think it does wonders for my skin. I also like that it is in a tube, not in jar, I don't like to put my fingers in a jar for this or foundations etc. I will be 50 shortly and have very few wrinkles but I was diagnosised with roseca (very mild) and a mild case of adult onset acne and this keeps it in check. It sinks into my skin like a dream and with no sticky residue. This is my HG, the only downfall is that I wish it had SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Andio

Well I was very surprised with this product to say the least. I bought this from the skin store and wasn't sure what the results were going to be, but out on a limb to find my HG moisturizer. Well ladies and gentleman this is IT!!! This is a fantastic product. I am putting the cetaphil away. This product really does reduce redness and acts as a great!!! base for make-up. If you have sensitive skin with any type of irritation this wonder cream is for you. Also love the tube, so hygenic. Will buy this again and again. Oh and the price doesn't hurt like other high end brands. GREAT :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by mstatonb2

I use the Atopalm MLE face cream, and it's really great. It really works well with more aggressive treatments that can sometimes strip your skin. It moisturizes well, calms the skin down, and best of all doesn't cause any breakouts. I've been looking for a product like this for a long time, as I'm sure most of you have, and I'm glad it's finally arrived. I will say that I think the people who will benefit most from this product are people with very sensitive, dry/combo skin, or people who use strong products.