July 29, 2014 | 1484 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Convertible Eye Color

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kelly1965rn

Great idea and really convenient. I have Violet and will definitely buy more. The eyeliner goes on smooth and the shadow is totally fool proof. I use benefit FY Eye shadow primer and the Stila convertible shadow stays on all day. No creasing so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by kbb2008

These are absolutely genius. I can see how a real eyeshadow addict might not appreciate them as much as someone like me, but for people like myself who normally don't wear ANY eye makeup except mascara because it's too much trouble, these are an absolute revelation. This is the product that actually got me wearing eye makeup on a daily basis again, as opposed to just for special occasions, and for that I appreciate it very much. One minute to swipe the shadow on the lid and line with the liner and blend with the little sponge and my eye looks completely done -- all I have to do is curl lashes and add mascara. I have thrown this in my jacket pocket and put it on in the taxi when I was late to work one morning, and when I got there it looked great. They are amazing for travel as well. I normally don't even bring eyeshadow on trips because a palette and brushes are such a pain to pack and take up so much room in my bag. Now I can -- these take up practically none at all! I have Stone, Clove, and Violet so far, and I think my favorite is Clove, which is amazing on green eyes. The quality of the shadow is the same as Stila's other shadows (great, IMO) and the liner is soft and creamy but doesn't smudge off my lids or migrate under my eyes. Will definitely buy more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this pencil in lapis, which is a true royal blue. The pencil is incredibly soft, smooth and smudgeable, but when used as a liner, tends to smudge way too much as the day goes on. The color is pretty and not too bright, and can be worn day or night. I do not care for the twist up cap that this comes with. The cap is not long enough to put back on top of the pencil side, unless you completely lower the pencil back into the shaft. It took me several times of crushing my pencil tip into the cap, before I could remember to do that on a regular basis. Why didn't Stila make the cap just a tiny bit longer? The smudger on the other end of the pencil is perfect for smudging your liner or for smudging into eye shadow. It looked so nice for the first hour after application, but after that, it was smudged so badly. No matter what I did to set it, it looked awful within the hour.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by k_tlin

Perfect for on the go makeup application. Honestly, the e/liner side isn't that great to me, but the eyeshadow shades are beautiful and because of the applicator last forever. Perfect for those lazy mornings before school and work :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by amazing_grace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've found my HG!!!! I've got 5 different ones of these now (stone, slate, forest, violet, teak) and Stone is by far my favourite. They are all wonderful, but the colour in stone is perfect for my eyes. The packaging is fantastic when going on holidays as I don't need to pack any brushes and I can get quite a few looks with them.

A must have Stila item (I've got 3 Stone backups just in case!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 2:21:00 AM More reviews by trixibella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love these!
I have two, in Clove and Ivy, both of which are absoloutly gorgeous colours.
These came in especially handy when I was on tour with my boyfriend's band. I couldn't bring my makeup case with me (it's too big and wouldn't fit in the van with all of the other gear!) and was perfect for touchups.
Will definitly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2005 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Margle

Oh my sweet lord. I am an idiot. I was getting really confused reading through your reviews, because I NEVER KNEW this had an extra eyeshadow in the middle. The sales rep didn't tell me, and I never unscrewed it. I thought it was "convertible" because the eyeliner smudged into a kind of shadow.

HA!!!! I'm so happy, I feel like I just won a prize!! An extra eyeshadow!! HA!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 7:12:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in Stone and Forest, they are nice, decent liner and shadow, but it's the convenience that I like. It travels well & I can use these for touch-ups in a whim. The shadow itself is nothing to be raving about, perhaps more towards the chalky side. The liner stays on decently, but it also on the greasy/soft side so that it's more smudgable. Overall: a nice product, but I wouldn't pay full price for these i.e. a bit overpriced in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 11:52:00 AM More reviews by insertcornynamehere

The eyeshadow and eyeliner are just about the same shade, but it definitely brings out the hazel flecks in my brown eyes. The eyeliner doesn't stay put much, but the eyeshadow certainly does! You can use it to make a sultry smokey eye, or shade your creases using this brownish-purple shade. I have such uber oily eyelids so I never would've expected the eyeshadow to stay, but it never creased or budged! I also like its portability and how I get an eyeshadow, liner, and a smudger in one. If you have an extra 35 dollars (canadian) in your wallet, you should go try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jenniebabe838

i have this in violet, and the eyeshadow is gorgeous, but the liner is WAY too light... it would make a better eyeshadow... too expensive, tho