August 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by gingerwinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another amazing MAC foundation! it helped with my oily/combi skin but by the end of the day i would be shiny, even though i set it with a powder. the coverage is fantastic, but at the price of £24 it only lasted a month. and i applied with my 187 brush and didn't think i used much of it on a daily basis. I will repurchase this as its great to have for nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by fries95

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will use this as long as it's available! I have acne scarred skin and this foundation transforms my skin. It's all in the application. Build your coverage according to your desired look. Tap a stippling brush very lightly into the foundation and stipple it onto your skin. Then spray the tips of the stippling brush with water, shake off the excess and begin swirling the foundation onto your skin. Repeat these actions until the desired coverage is reached. This method was taught to me by a make up artist and the results were unbelievable. My acne scars are deep, ice-pick type scars and you could not see them after I was done. I had a professional photographer take my picture and it looked like he photoshopped my scars away.

This is a must try foundation. It is top-rated with many make up artists. You will not be disappointed. I still break out but not because of the foundation. The application method is VERY important to success. U-tube has a make up artist that demonstrates the application. He has many videos so you may have to search for it. Go to "Gossmakeupartist" and look for "How to Apply Foundation". It's also shown on his "Top Five Foundations" video. You will love the results!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by pinkdot121424

I use this product for extra coverage after applying my normal liquid foundation. I have combination skin and in my dry areas, it really accentuates the dryness but it's fine for my normal/oily parts which is weird since it's a cream.. The packaging is wonderful as always! I don't think I'd buy this product again however, especially for the price of $30. I'd rather try something else like the Studio Fix Foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by BlessedBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation broke me out so bad I had huge pimples all over my face. It just felt so heavy and greasy I hated it the worst foundation I've ever tried! Would not recommend at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by mia0815

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all I have to say that the coverage of this product and the finish it leaves it pretty amazing. It makes your skin look very even with a dewy glow.
I started using it about 5 months ago and really liked it in the beginning.
After about 3-4 weeks of using it I started breaking out big time, especially on my cheeks, my neck and my jawline.
I used to have puberty acne in my teens but rather on my T-Zone and I had been having it pretty much under control for the last 7 years. Also, I never had this cystic, really painful acne that I started to develop.
I first didn't connect the break out with the foundation since I had also started using a different cleanser, toner and cream at the same time and I had also never before reacted badly to any foundation.
After stopping anything else though that I used before and using acne products (BTW - I started using Exposed skincare, it's pretty amazing) I figured out that it could only be the foundation.
Also, friends of mine have been saying that they broke out after using the MAC studio tech foundation.
I stopped using it now and my skin is turning back to normal. I'm now back to using MAC pro longwear and Sisley phyto teint eclat. Both are great!
Again, looks great on your skin but I guess you can only use this foundation if you are not acne prone at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by 50sstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First love the color NC 45. Perfect match. MAC is not that expensive and the sponge that comes with compact is a good one. Only drawback? This broke me out big time! I had to stop using it after a week and see a dermatologist for the acne and dark spots I developed. And I don't just mean whiteheads or red bumps. I had large tender bumps under he skin. Guess some people have negative reactions and some don't. A friend of mine also broke out badly with this foundation, but I also have a friend that's been wearing it for years and has never had a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation, good coverage and lovely finish, just try to use a flat top brush to apply or else you will hit pan in no time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by leah8590

I love this product so far! The only flaws I have found is layering can be a little on the cakey side, and the product runs out fairly quickly. I love this cream consistency for my oily skin. For me, it stays on all day with about medium coverage. I you have MAC face and body foundation, but that on and then Studio Tech. Those put together are flawless! Atleast on me :) Also, if you have the E.L.F. studio powder brush (flat top), try using that to apply Studio Tech. It makes a flawless look with a little bit more coverage! I also LOVE the packaging on this product, just wish it would last me a little longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

Good and bad. Perfect colour match, good coverage, feels great, doesn't look cakey. The only bad thing is that it doesn't last very long. For what you pay anyways.. I have probably used it 10 times and I have hit the pan. It also dries out easy. Perhaps I got a bad batch but nonetheless I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by thedarlingdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the foundation that I ALWAYS go back to. It is perfect for my sensitive skin and it covers the redness I have due to my malar rash that I get from systemic lupus. Although it looks like it can be a thick foundation, you can apply it in a thin or thick layer, whichever you prefer it goes on smooth is is very blendable. Besides coverage I love that when I wear this foundation I do not feel it on my skin at all!
It photographs great too which is always a bonus! I use a brush to apply. I use either my Clinique foundation brush, my Real Techniques buffing brush or my MAC 187 Duo Fibre brushes. I never use the sponge (that comes in the compact) for application. I only use it if I need a quick touch up which I hardly do. This foundation will last me close to 8 hours without retouching maybe more.
People say that MAC foundations break them out but I believe it must be the skin care they use because this foundation is TERRIFFIC! It does not make me break out or irritate my skin at all.
I use NC27 because I am neutral skin tone, with light-medium color. With a tan I am NC35.
Hope this review helps when making a choice in picking out a foundation.