Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really do like this powder. I use 710 translucent light which is a perfect color for me. I put this on with a powder brush in the morning to set my makeup and does a good job of that. I have acne and it does not make me breakout! The only thing is that I have oily skin and by the end of the day my face is greasy. I'm pretty sure it's this powder not my foundation, but I'm not positive. Great buy, but if you have oily skin it may not be for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this shade in soft honey. It works beautifully!!! since its translucent, it doesnt add much color to my face, only a touch =) and it sets my bronzing powder perfectly!

EDIT: this stuff is crap, pure crap. you get what you pay for. Now that ive started using expensive makeup I cant believe i even gave this a good rating. wow. has no coverage, wears off quickly and splotchy. I wouldnt let my dog use this...and I dont even have a dog.

I love everything about this powder except the fact that it doesn't come in enough shades. The one I bought is just a bit too light for me but the next shade up is too dark. However it is one of the few powders that doesn't look and feel too heavy on my face. It never breaks me out either. Looks very natural. Good stuff overall.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't care for this powder. On my skin it looks really fake and powdery. It's very obvious that I have powder all over my face. I don't really care for the perfumey smell, but I wouldn't mind it as much if the powder worked well for me. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Ok, this was the only powder by CG I hadn't tried, so I bought one in "Soft Honey" thinking...this is gonna be too dark, powdery, cakey looking, and control no oil...I was SO wrong. The shade goes on much lighter than it looks in the pan, perfect match for my golden tanned NC37 skintone! Not powdery at all, in fact it's totally undetectible on my skin. And somehow this powder keeps me matte longer than all the other oil control powders I've tried. I am convinced that adding moisture actually keeps my pores from overproducing oil. Also, because it doesn't overdry your skin, it never gets cakey or flakey, even with multiple touchups. Also, doesn't sink into pores, like most powders tend to..in fact it smoothes over pores and helps mask them. I love the deep blue compact, and I think the mild scent is actually quite pleasent. Definiteyl CG's best powder formulation, and my HG powder (at least for the cooler months).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually really like this product, doesn't dry me out or make me flake. Good for sealing in cream foundations because it doesn't cause them to dry out in a rippled pattern.
I used this for T- zone oiliness, sealing in foundation and as a touch up. I noticed that this is very light and it can make my nose look too light, but I just put a little bronzing powder on my nose and it balances it right out. Just have to remember to buy a shade that's slightly darker than what I would normally use.

I pretty much really do not like this powder. For one, isn't this kind of supposed to go with the hydrating "Smoothers" makeup that CG offers? Uhh... the talc in this product isnt going to help with that, but really I shouldn't expect too much from a drugstore brand. But even with talc, I have had decent face powders that don't make my face look cakey, powdery, and fake (this one does :() When I bought this I was honestly looking for something I could put on just after throwing on some quick concealer, but I don't even really like this for that either. Although I like this better than other CG powders I have tried, I still don't like this.
:) mo

- Provides no extra coverage

Pros:
- Comes in unscented & scented compacts
- Great colors

Overall, this pressed powder is ideal for carrying around in your purse for touch ups but didn't help with absorbing the oily look on my face.

Great classic product !
I ve been puchasing this for years ...long lasting finnish and smells great.... gives good coverage....classic!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This powder makes my face look chalky, and powdery, not smooth. Plus it smells weird. Makes my face look dry, as all powders with talc do. I don't really like anything by covergirl, in the first place.