April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

Great classic product !
I ve been puchasing this for years ...long lasting finnish and smells great.... gives good coverage....classic!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder makes my face look chalky, and powdery, not smooth. Plus it smells weird. Makes my face look dry, as all powders with talc do. I don't really like anything by covergirl, in the first place.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by alexis214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product although I've already hit pan.(I don't like to waste products.) I bought this for the purpose of controlling oil and obviously it didn't work. I was oily again only just after less than an hour I believe. I guess it was my fault since it says on the website that this is for dry skin. I got the translucent medium, it wasn't translucent so it was a little light for my skin tone. The only good thing about it is it didn't break me out and I have acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupbynichole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given this powder by a friend who didn't want it anymore because of the smell and I was like ok I will take it (and didn't even bother to smell it)
I hate the smell it makes me very nausea. The powder itself is chalky and doesn't blend well at all. The powder also makes my skin really oily very quickly and makes me break out easily, even after only wearing for after a hour.
I will not buy this pressed powder again there are other drug store pressed powders far better then this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by LuckyDuck

I have nothing positive to say about this product. The powder is chalky and coarse, which feels rough going on. It really irritated my not-at-all sensitive skin. It doesn't fully absorb until hours later, and in the meantime, you'll look like a Halloween vampire. The puff that it comes with is essentially useless, as the powder just sits on top of that, too. Don't be swayed by the low price; sometimes you get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the compact in fair. It applies sheer and does a great job setting my foundation without adding too much colour. The powder isn't the best in terms of being finely milled, but not the worst. I particularly didn't care for the smell, it has that typical noxema/cover girl smell, and the powder puff provided I found useless. For the price it does a decent job.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by carrcarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the few things i've ever needed to repurchase - i used the whole compact up! its really great for touch ups and it settles into my skin really nicely. the only bad thing is that it can sometimes make my skin look dry but that can be solved pretty easily. and it matches my super pale skin perfectly! the only problem i had with it was that it broke when i dropped it on a hard floor, but thats probably more my fault anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kidando16

Love this powder! Never cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Pipi_hb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really want to like this product but failed... It does not work for me at all...
I only tried once and will never touch it again. the powder does not blend into my skin, & it gives me a strange look--as if I just cleaned a bakery store, floury & dirty. I never have this trouble before...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by candyxmandie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good powder. I like the compact. I bought this in a shade darker than my normal foundation because I heard it can wash you out easily. Great for setting over my liquid foundation (TRUblend), I would just reccomend not putting any around your nose area if you have dry skin or need to blow your nose frequently because it gets very irritated. Makes my skin quite smooth and I am overall very pleased.