Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 4/25/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

I got a "present" alright...a months worth of BREAK-OUTS!! I have combination/acne prone skin to begin with, so when I saw all the raving reviews on this product I HAD to try it out (Im a sucker for awesome primers). For me, it did serve as a good primer, but it was a little on the thick/cementy side. I could deal with that if it weren't for the boulder size breakouts it left me with...If it werent for the fact that I had an adverse reaction to it, Id have kept it...I think its the lavender used as an ingredient. But I ALWAYS have bad experiences with Philosophy skin care I dunno what it is...the only thing I can successfully use from that line are the Fragrances which I L-O-V-E

on 4/25/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

If you've got SUPER OILY skin and are looking for that HG primer to help keep your make up from doing the 'slippity-slide' all day long, this is it! I heard the amazing raves about this product and I can't believe the score here on MUA is only 3.5ish! =( Well maybe some of you ain't using it right =P You really gotta wait that 2 minutes for it to dry! I wait more than that just to make sure ;) I've been hearing from quite a number of reviewers that it sits well with powder forumlas. So far, I've only tried it with powder/mineral format because that is my weapon of choice =P I have yet to try it with liquid format in the future when I decide to swtich. I highly recommend to all you ladies out there looking for a primer that is really effective, especially for combo/oily skin types, since makeup just tends to dissapear into oblivion for us ladies.

on 4/17/2012 10:12:00 AM

I really love this primer! I always go through ruts with my bare mineral foundation where I feel as if it isn't working how I want so this time I though I'd try a primer to help. I can tell a huge difference with my foundation when I don't wear the present with it! It makes my bare mineral foundation look so much better! The price is 28 at sephora but I've had my first bottle for well over 3 months now and it's only about half way gone and I do use it every day! The packaging is fine but you just have to be careful not to squeeze to much out as you only need about a dime size dab.
PROS:
Makes my foundation look airbrushed
Inexpensive for how long it lasts
Hasn't made me break out
CONS:
The only one I can think of is it can sometimes come out too much

on 4/10/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I have acne prone skin, which is also very oily. After cleansing my face I put on an oil free moisturizer, along with my sunblock, followed by this primer. It makes my face look flawless, and really controls my oily face. I do wait about 15 mins before applying my makeup.

on 3/6/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
-Philosophy always delivers luxurious products
-Creamy
-Light scent

Cons:
-Skin became shiny within a couple hours
-Makeup would not stay put
-Felt like an additonal moisturizer

Overall, I would not purchase this product again since it did not perform well for my skin type and texture.

on 2/27/2012 9:11:00 AM

Normally I love Philosophy products, but I must say I was disappointed with this one. I have combination skin (so not even super oily) but it was really the shine control aspect I was after and this product unfortunately failed to deliver. Having spent £25.00 on it, I was unimpressed.....

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I don't use this product anymore, but I still highly recommend it.
Let me explain.
I use to hate foundation and refused to use it. This was the perfect alternative from me then. It gave me a smooth lovely surface, without that greasy foundation feeling. I have since found foundations that work for my skin type, and have not used this in awhile. However I think it is a quality product.

on 1/28/2012 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have very problematic skin, with cystic and deep acne. I applied this product after moisturizing my skin, and then let it set for a couple of minutes as I went about getting ready for a party. Afterwards, I applied the Studio Tech foundation from MAC, and really, all my spot vanished !!
My skin appeared smooth and the makeup stayed perfect even after a good 6 hours had passed. I would definately recomment this as a primer.

on 1/11/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my current primer....still searching. I dont like that it has silicone in it....I was using Tarte's Recreate, but it was too hydrating...
I like "the present", but the cones in it cause the oil I produce to just sit on face as a layer....anyway, its better for me than smashbox...

on 12/22/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product didn't work for me at all :( It only left my skin super smooth...but that only lasted for like 10 minutes. It also broke me out a little. I really wanted it to work but I had to return it.