October 2, 2014 | 1097 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by iTSjANIEEEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK... This cleanser is literally thebomb.com! I have combo, clog-prone, huge pores on my inner cheeks, oily/dry weirdish skin and my man Mario made my skin normal for the first time in my life!!! My makeup doesn't get that oily sheen at 2pm anymore!... My skin is smooth and my pores have minimised DRASTICALLY since using this product. It does not remove my makeup very well but this product isn't meant to be a makeup remover. It would work the best after a cleansing oil. This price is amazing, it smells great, the ingredients aren't packed with 500 million chemicals like everything else out there. Enzyme Cleansing Gel is a miracle. And trust me... I'm a skincare junkie and have tried it all!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryAfterglow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This gel cleanser is just okay. I've used it on and off for a few years and am on my third bottle, which is currently tucked away in my stash. It's mildly exfoliating and non-clogging, although when used daily, it caused a little irritation and mild rash bumps on my super clog-prone, oily, sensitive, slightly dehydrated skin. My skin looked best when I was using this once or twice a week as a second cleanse after my normal face wash. (This is actually suggested on the Mario Badescu website.) Adriana Lima has claimed to love this, so it can't be that bad! The packaging is also cute and travel-friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin is around NC20, normal/dehydrated and a little sensitive that can be prone to a clog or two, no major breakouts or black heads.

This is a great cleanser. It is gentle, yet removes sunscreen and the rest of the makeup, including mascara. You may need to work it into the skin for a little bit longer than other cleansers but it gets the job done.
Skin is left clean and soft. super soft.

I like to leave this on for a few minutes before washing off.

ps. SO loves this too. I can always tell the difference when he's been using it. It improves his blackheads a lot, also his skin looks more brighter and softer.

Would I re-purchase? Yes indeedy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this as my A.M. face wash since the middle of March. This product is everything I wanted MAC's Green Gel Cleanser to be. The consistancy of this gel like cleanser is absolutely devine. It's cushiony and soothing, a total joy to massage onto the face. My skin is very sensitive and acne prone, and this cleanser has not irritated my skin at all. It washes away clean, leaving no residue or tight feeling behind and leaves me skin looking brighter and glowing. This hasn't completely gotten rid of my acne (hormonal) but I did notice a big calm down from the awful cystic break outs I was getting in March/April. If you're on the fence about this, try a sample! They are very generous with the sample sizes they give out on the website.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't been a huge fan of Mario Bedescu products since I placed a couple of orders a few months ago. Included in my first order was this Enzyme cleanser. When I started using it I noticed it didn't do a great job at cleaning my skin. I have been using the Cucumber cleansing lotion after this cleanser and there would always be tons of dirt left on my face. I used it for a few weeks before deciding to exchange it for the Botanical face cleaner which I thought would be better for my oily/acne prone skin. It's not the greatest cleanser. I only use it in the morning since I always wash my face before I go to bed so when I wake up my face isn't really dirty. I definitely have to use something with a bit more punch to it at night when I wash off my makeup, I have been using coconut oil to remove my makeup followed by Lush's Fresh Farmacy which I have been loving. It's a fine basic cleaner but you could find something for half the price at a drug store that works just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Glamgurlsf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great inexpensive and it really works!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Go get this stuff! I have pretty sensitive skin and it loves this cleanser. I leave it on in the shower while I shave or whatever and then use my clarisonic to get it off. My skin is so smooth but not irritated. It's a little bit pricier, but there's a lot of product in the bottle. Speaking of the bottle, the packaging is great.

One word of warning, keep away from eyes (duh- enyzmes and eyes don't mix).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser! I needed something gentle that would exfoliate my pregnancy hormonal skin, and after using this for about 5 or 6 weeks, my skin is so much clearer and smoother. My makeup goes on easier and I look like I have a glow most days as long as I had a good nights rest. I started using it just in the morning but after a week started with twice a day. In the evening I use it after I remove makeup with the MB cucumber cream soap. It works very well as a double cleanse on my sensitive skin. My skin is clean and soft not dried out at all. I like that it doesn't foam and I don't mind the slight shampoo-y fresh smell. It has cleared up breakouts on my forehead and overall skin texture is smoother. I follow up with the Mario Badescu Aloe Vera toner and all these products together keep my face clean and soothed. That overall blotch redness look is lessened. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a cleanser I find myself returning to pretty often. It doesn't remove makeup, but its a great basic cleanser to use after using a makeup remover. I like this product because it doesn't strip the skin. Like many people with oily skin, drying cleansers can aggravate my skin problems. It helps keep the skin balanced and cleanses well. It has a strange texture thats kind of slimy, but the smell is great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the most part, my skin is pretty healthy and glowy. Breakouts are rare and typically during that time of the month, and aside from a little oiliness on my forehead, I think I'm pretty blessed. Not perfect, but I'm proud of my skin.

After removing my makeup at the end of the day, however, I can't just wash my face with water, moisturize, and go to bed. I need a mild cleanser just to avoid those breakouts, something that does the job, but gently, and this is what I go for. It's the best cleanser I've used so far. I don't use it religiously. I usually don't use it more than once a day, and probably not every day, but I'm pleased with the results. It's good for the skin, sensitive, pleasant scent, and tons of product - a dime-sized drop of the stuff is typically more than enough for me. You can get little bottles at Ulta if you don't want a huge one. I see them in the sample racks often.

edit: OH HELLO AHA BURN ON MY FACE. Ugh, seriously? This product was perfect at first, but now I'm scared to use it. Even though I used only the tiniest amount and rinsed it off throughly, it burned my skin. I wear SPF 55 sunscreen every day. Minor amounts of AHA aren't terrible for your skin, but since Papaya and Grapefruit extract are the third and fourth ingredients (both are AHAs) I'm pretty sure this has way too much for my skin to handle.