October 22, 2014 | 1062 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This is a great cleanser that does not dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. A little goes along way when applying it. I use gentle circular motions all over my face to make sure i am removing all makeup and dead skin cells. This cleansers exfoliates my face deep down and i love the clean feeling afterwards. Recommend for those suffering from redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE: 08/03/2013**
I'm pretty sure this is starting to irritate my skin a bit. I'm not exactly sure which ingredient it is but it might have something to do with the scent. It's got a strong botanical/powdery scent and I don't think it's from the grapefruit or papaya extract so I don't know where the scent is from but I know my skin is sensitive to certain botanical ingredients. Also I don't like the way this rinses off my skin, I just realized this makes my skin feel slightly too clean, like it's not soft and I guess it's because it's detergent-based. This is no longer HG for me.

____________________________________________________________________

I have very problematic skin, enlarged pores that clog all the time, my skin doesn't exfoliate itself properly, I have quite a lot of post acne marks, my skin type can change from very dry to oily, and I don't have too much of a problem with acne anymore but I do get a lot of random pimples (I always at least have 1 pimple on my face). A lot of cleansers I've tried either irritate my skin really bad, dry my skin out, doesn't rinse off clean, or doesn't do anything. This is so far the best cleanser I've used for my skin, I have not one bad thing to say about it. I love that it has a short list of ingredients and even more thankful that it doesn't contain sulfates and lavender oil as a lot of skincare products these days contain those ingredients and they are very irritating to my skin. This is the first cleanser that I've ever truly loved and I'm very particular with cleansers.
TEXTURE:
It has in my book a very lovely texture. It's not runny at all. It's like a light green creamy gel. It feels very smooth and silky and when I rub it into my skin it just glides on even without water. I don't think I've tried a cleanser with a similar texture. It's also pretty too, strangely enough, it has a luminosity to it.
SCENT:
This does have a scent which I typically don't like in my skincare but in this cleansers case, the fragrance isn't added, it comes naturally from the ingredients which I'm fine with. I like the scent a lot and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. It smells sort of powdery/herbal but not over powering and smells natural.
HOW IT CLEANS:
It doesn't lather, due to the fact it doesn't contain sulfates. Even without the lather I still feel like it's really cleaning my skin which I don't typically feel with a lot of non-lathering cleansers. It doesn't take off makeup say as well as Philosophy Purity but it still gives you a deep clean. It rinses off completely clean and with no residue whatsoever which is a must for me. My skin always feels clean, smooth, soft, and refreshed afterwards which makes it a winner in my book.
WHAT IT DOES FOR MY SKIN:
I've used this for about 4 weeks now and my skin has definitely improved. Before using this cleanser I had several pimples on my face that didn't go away until I started using this. Right now I only have one little pimple due to stress, that's going down. That's a huge feet for me considering how bad my skin was acting over a month a go. I now have less to cover when put on my makeup and my makeup looks a lot nicer as well. Because this has natural AHA's in it, it mildly exfoliates. This aspect is a must for my skin due to the fact my skin doesn't exfoliate itself the way it should so my skin tends to get clogged and dulled if I don't exfoliate daily. This is gentle enough for me to use everyday, day and night and it never dries out or irritates my skin. My skin texture has really improved and my complexion looks a lot brighter and less dull. My acne marks seem to be improving as well, they look a lot lighter and not as red. I can't wait to see what this does for my skin in another month!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by iTSjANIEEEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK... This cleanser is literally thebomb.com! I have combo, clog-prone, huge pores on my inner cheeks, oily/dry weirdish skin and my man Mario made my skin normal for the first time in my life!!! My makeup doesn't get that oily sheen at 2pm anymore!... My skin is smooth and my pores have minimised DRASTICALLY since using this product. It does not remove my makeup very well but this product isn't meant to be a makeup remover. It would work the best after a cleansing oil. This price is amazing, it smells great, the ingredients aren't packed with 500 million chemicals like everything else out there. Enzyme Cleansing Gel is a miracle. And trust me... I'm a skincare junkie and have tried it all!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryAfterglow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This gel cleanser is just okay. I've used it on and off for a few years and am on my third bottle, which is currently tucked away in my stash. It's mildly exfoliating and non-clogging, although when used daily, it caused a little irritation and mild rash bumps on my super clog-prone, oily, sensitive, slightly dehydrated skin. My skin looked best when I was using this once or twice a week as a second cleanse after my normal face wash. (This is actually suggested on the Mario Badescu website.) Adriana Lima has claimed to love this, so it can't be that bad! The packaging is also cute and travel-friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin is around NC20, normal/dehydrated and a little sensitive that can be prone to a clog or two, no major breakouts or black heads.

This is a great cleanser. It is gentle, yet removes sunscreen and the rest of the makeup, including mascara. You may need to work it into the skin for a little bit longer than other cleansers but it gets the job done.
Skin is left clean and soft. super soft.

I like to leave this on for a few minutes before washing off.

ps. SO loves this too. I can always tell the difference when he's been using it. It improves his blackheads a lot, also his skin looks more brighter and softer.

Would I re-purchase? Yes indeedy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this as my A.M. face wash since the middle of March. This product is everything I wanted MAC's Green Gel Cleanser to be. The consistancy of this gel like cleanser is absolutely devine. It's cushiony and soothing, a total joy to massage onto the face. My skin is very sensitive and acne prone, and this cleanser has not irritated my skin at all. It washes away clean, leaving no residue or tight feeling behind and leaves me skin looking brighter and glowing. This hasn't completely gotten rid of my acne (hormonal) but I did notice a big calm down from the awful cystic break outs I was getting in March/April. If you're on the fence about this, try a sample! They are very generous with the sample sizes they give out on the website.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't been a huge fan of Mario Bedescu products since I placed a couple of orders a few months ago. Included in my first order was this Enzyme cleanser. When I started using it I noticed it didn't do a great job at cleaning my skin. I have been using the Cucumber cleansing lotion after this cleanser and there would always be tons of dirt left on my face. I used it for a few weeks before deciding to exchange it for the Botanical face cleaner which I thought would be better for my oily/acne prone skin. It's not the greatest cleanser. I only use it in the morning since I always wash my face before I go to bed so when I wake up my face isn't really dirty. I definitely have to use something with a bit more punch to it at night when I wash off my makeup, I have been using coconut oil to remove my makeup followed by Lush's Fresh Farmacy which I have been loving. It's a fine basic cleaner but you could find something for half the price at a drug store that works just as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Glamgurlsf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great inexpensive and it really works!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Go get this stuff! I have pretty sensitive skin and it loves this cleanser. I leave it on in the shower while I shave or whatever and then use my clarisonic to get it off. My skin is so smooth but not irritated. It's a little bit pricier, but there's a lot of product in the bottle. Speaking of the bottle, the packaging is great.

One word of warning, keep away from eyes (duh- enyzmes and eyes don't mix).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser! I needed something gentle that would exfoliate my pregnancy hormonal skin, and after using this for about 5 or 6 weeks, my skin is so much clearer and smoother. My makeup goes on easier and I look like I have a glow most days as long as I had a good nights rest. I started using it just in the morning but after a week started with twice a day. In the evening I use it after I remove makeup with the MB cucumber cream soap. It works very well as a double cleanse on my sensitive skin. My skin is clean and soft not dried out at all. I like that it doesn't foam and I don't mind the slight shampoo-y fresh smell. It has cleared up breakouts on my forehead and overall skin texture is smoother. I follow up with the Mario Badescu Aloe Vera toner and all these products together keep my face clean and soothed. That overall blotch redness look is lessened. Definitely will repurchase.