November 26, 2014 | 1823 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I purchased the full size of this. Used the entire thing hoping to see some difference in my skin. Absolutely not worth the money. Didn't exfoliate anything except my wallet.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sospiro

I know that Dermalogica has some sort of cult following and all their products are supposed to be super popular, but I have to say after receiving a sample of this daily exfoliant I don’t really see why. After using this product, which I didn’t think did much in terms of exfoliation, also left my skin feeling really dry–even after moisturising. I couldn’t even use it three times, I just gave up as on the second day my skin was overly dry feeling and started to flake. I can’t say I would recommend this to anyone after my experience–and it doesn’t inspire me to try any of their other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this from my local dermatologist when it first came out quite some time ago, In my opinion it was ok. I used it for a few months and couldn't say I noticed any difference in my skin. I have sensitive / dry skin & I will say I had no irritations or break out from using this product but at the same time I just didn't see any differences either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by SophieCosford

I thoroughly enjoy this product and have used it for over a year. The only thing I don't like is the packaging as I find the product gets out and puffs about into the lid too easily; I feel like I lose too much! The product has a nice feel on my skin and I feel gently exfoliated afterwards. I use this product twice or three times a week, not daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rating is very much influenced by price, which is way high (66EUR in Belgium)

I used to be a fan of the Clinique 7day scrub but than learned that scrubbing is damaging to the skin and skipped to exfoliation because my skin needs a take-the-dull-layer-away action now & then. I love the effect of this exfoliator, and have repurchased before, despite the totally steep price. Aside from the exfoliating effect due to enzymatic action, it also contains salicylic acid to deep cleanse pores (a must ingredient for when my skin acts weird).

However I hated how much product I spill e-v-e-r-y time. I find it difficult to turn the powder into a "cream" without any grid (to avoid the scrub effect) within the limited space of my hand palm, sometimes I just slather it on my moist face in the shower, anyway I always end up with half of the expensive powder in the bath tub or sink - so I gave up on regular use.

Now I really want to share my new secret of how I re-started to use this recently.
I'm already using the Shiseido Cleasing Massage brush with my cleansing cream for a while and - on a desperate bad skin day/week - grabbed for it while my eye caught the Microfoliant catching dust in my closet and thought : "Hey!"

Tadaaaaa! A match was made in heaven. Here's how I do it:
- wet brush and face
- dry hands
- put some powder in palm of your hand
- work up to a lather with the brush and apply to face

Since the Shiseido brush is super gentle and soft, it's safe to use this with the Microfoliant I guess - anyway no irritation so far (haven't tried this with Dermalogica's brush thought, which seems like no good idea since their brush is exfoliating on its own).

So: Dermalogica Microfoliant + Shiseido Skincare Massage brush = clear, exfoliated skin without spills! I hope you read it here first, otherwise I'm afraid I'm poaching about a discovery of a very unhidden treasure ...

You can also read my review about the Shiseido Skincare Cleansing Massage Brush on MUA.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my college course we used exclusively Dermalogica products, and I can honestly say im not impressed. I never purchased the daily microfoliant, but I had it used on me (and I on others) on a weekly basis for facial class and we all hated this stuff! First of all it is honestly a hassle to use since you have to mix it with water, annoying this number one. Second it SMELLS. God I can just remember the weird indescribable scent of this stuff.

It does a fair job of exfoliating- but nothing to make a dramatic difference (usually after exfoliation your skin feels softer, and looks brighter) All this did to me and many others was dry out our skin. I personally have combination skin and I would become uncomfortably tight after rinsing daily microfoliant off. I found my skin to be more dehydrated and dry looking every time I used this, and I had to over compensate with more cream than I would usually use. ALSO this stuff gets stuck on your face. Im talking stuck in your eyebrows, and hairline....no matter how much you rinse or wipe it just wont go away! Having to mix this product to activate it, and taking forever to remove it is a bit of a hassle to do regularly.

For the price, I don't believe that this is worth it. I mean if you have access to it, and some money to blow and you want to try it out, go for it, it may work for you. But after what I went through in class im sure me, and all my classmates want to stay far away from this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Kinga80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years. I love it! Always end up with some up my nose ;). Gentle enough to use everyday and always gets purchased as soon as I run out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It's truly gentle enough for me to use every day and I feel it's made some difference in my aging (OK, aged!) skin's brightness. What I really like about it is that I can use a creamy cleanser to take off my makeup and the microfoliant gets rid of the excess along with the dead stuff that I presume it's getting rid of. I hate that it's so expensive -- in fact, I have yet to buy the full size because I got a generous sample on Birchbox and swapped right here on MUA for another one -- but a little does go a long way.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I really do not see any grand results with this exfoliant. I know it is gentle and I know it is supposed to be for sensitive skin, but I still felt like my face needed exfoliating afterwards. That coupled with the exorbitant price of this warrants a two-star rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by misseva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an exxelent product. Microfoliant is a product I can't live without. I just bought a second bottle. Exfoliation is a must procedure to keep skin beautiful and glowing. My skin type is kind of problematic because I have a problem with flaking and a proper hydration doesn't help, I need to exfoliate daily . This product is a life saver :
1. It doesn't irritate ( my skin is very delicate )
2.The skin is left glowing and ultra smooth