April 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation
Currently using Warm Beige 3.5
My Skin type is Normal

I'm only beginning to wear foundation/makeup on a regular basis and been trying foundations to see which one is a match. I'm particular when it comes to texture, smell, cost and performance of products. Here's my review:

Texture: It's a good med texture: not watery nor too thick.
Finish: Matte in appearance, but not drying. Still feels like my skin can breathe.
Application: Absorbs well, moisturizing but not heavy. Smooths easily over skin. I apply with fingers.
Packaging: Glass bottle with an open top. I do prefer a pump for easier dispensing.
Odor: Clean, scent. No strong distinguishing smell. This was really important to me as I'm easily effected by smells. I really like the smell of Bobbi Brown products. I was trying out other products from another line that had a tropical and another had a citrus smell. I've realized I don't like smelling fruits on my face.
Cost: I would say it's middle range closer to higher end.
Bought at: Saks Fifth Avenue
Performance: Lasts all day. I've tested this foundation in a range of weather conditions (including in the ocean, as I surf) and it holds up well. It seems to be sweat proof with a dusting of a good powder over it in when in hot conditions.
I previously was given Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15, but it was too drying and exchanged it for this version.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT
I do recommend this product, and found the match for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful blends well, great dewy finish, it can feel a bit heavy on my skin and SPF too low, so not for the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by bobbibrownfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for nights out. It goes on effortlessly and gives my face such a nice glow. I have to admit that with my foundation brush it doesn't blend as well as I would like it to, so I have to use my fingers afterwards. I used to wear this daily and from what I could tell it didn't break me out, I just stopped wearing it everyday because I'm trying to wean off makeup! I found the exact match for my skintone so no issues there. I love love this foundation as it feels light and I don't feel like it looks 'caked' like a lot of liquid foundations do. However, my criticism is, that if you have a lot of blemishes/scars/pigmentation changes, this alone will not cover it up. It provides just a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturiser. So if you use this with a concealer, the coverage will be perfect. And it does stay on all day, in my experience - I piled it on for a wedding and it stayed on perfectly for the rest of the day.
Packaging- I do wish it had a pump to it to be honest but its not a big hassle, I just pour a bit on the area at the base of my thumb and use my foundation brush/fingers to apply it.
Price - Its not cheap! But its not as expensive as other foundations out there and in my opinion does the same job pretty much, although I'm yet to try out the Chanel foundation people rave about! And BIG plus - it lasts for AGES! As I said, I used to wear this daily, and I could go a good 6 months before it ran out if not more, and I didn't use it sparingly either on evenings out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lovely swapper sent me three BB foundation samples- Skin Foundaton, Luminous Moisturising and Moisture Rich Foundation. The first two felt 'tight' on the skin, whereas the Moisture Rich didn't. I have normal/dry skin and foundation always seem to oxidise on me. This one doesn't. The shade I use is Warm Ivory. It's flawless, comfortable, stays put and has a lovely consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by lucyvanp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a BB loyalist so probably it's not too surprising that I really like this fdtn. I used to use the oil-free but that's been discontinued, so bought this in my usual shade Warm Ivory (which is my perfect match). I apply after my moisturizer has had time to settle in, starting w/ fingers and then using a damp sponge to even out, then matching Foundation Stick applied w/ a brush on any trouble spots, let it settle for 5 min or so, then apply pressed powder w/ a puff, then lightly brush off excess powder. I get at very least 6 hours, usually all day coverage, this way. I was worried it would be too oily or creamy and slide right off my face (I overheat easily), but for something with 'moisture rich' in the title it doesn't feel hyper-creamy. To me it feels very, very lightweight. I wouldn't call it full coverage, but more like medium. IOW, it's good for a natural look that evens out tone and smooths out minor problems without looking too 'done'.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I had a sample of this and a sample of the Luminous foundation which I wanted to use for cold weather. Neither were great in my opinion but the Moisture Rich was better than the Luminous since the Luminous was greasy (I have normal skin). I went with the stick foundation to fill this need instead on top of a heavy dose of CeraVe PM moisturizer. Neither product has a sunscreen so you have to add that in. My usual is the BB Skin Foundation because of its natural finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've searched for a good moisturizing foundation for cool winter months and bought this... Waisted money! No moisture but lots of shine on T-zone. Greasy, very thick and unpleasant, feels like dirt really. I usually love Bobbi's foundations for their pale colors, but it's not the case. Had to switch to their Luminous foundation and that was exactly what I was searching for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird5

After many years and much wandering, I must now award Moisture Rich HG status. I've tried them all, including the legendary (for mature skin) Chanels and Armanis, ultimately rejected them all, and have returned to Moisture Rich, repeatedly. True medium coverage, never cakey or matte, but also not uber-"dewy." I find the new *just like skin* foundations don't deliver what they promise. This, on the other hand, gives excellent yet natural coverage, never, ever looks cakey or clings to dry patches - not even at the end of the day - and enlivens my complexion without reflective particles. Absolutely love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Moisture Rich is one of my favorite foundations; my skin tends to be dry, so this particular formula really works for me. I apply it with a sponge, or my fingers.

The only issue that I have is this: Moisture Rich is said to be a medium-to-full coverage foundation, but on me, the coverage is definitely sheer -- which is fine with me, but if you prefer medium-to-full coverage in a foundation, you may be disappointed in this particular formula. It absorbs into my skin and never looks cakey, dry or thick. I don't normally like any fragrance my foundation, but the way this one smells does not bother me at all -- it just smells fresh and clean.

My skin is approximately NW5-10 (NARS Siberia), so Alabaster (00) works best -- however, I will note that Alabaster in this foundation and in the Luminous Moisture foundation runs a bit darker than in the Skin Foundation and the Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ninabegum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EDIT:// My new HG is MAC Face & Body. I find it more natural looking for every day wear. I only use Moisture Rich when I want more coverage or for special occasions :)

This has been my HG foundation for well over a year now. I love everything about it! I have very dry skin that needs a considerable amount of moisturising before I apply make-up, especially during winter! It doesn't dry me out at all, gives me a luminous glow and stays on throughout the day without me having to re-apply. My advice is if you have oily skin, then this is NOT for you. My skin is super sensitive too, not to mention I do break out in eczema from time to time, and I've never broken out from this. It has sheer/medium coverage which is also buildable. I like my foundation to look natural even if I do have it on all over and I get compliments every time I wear this on how glowy and refreshed my skin looks. I'm using warm natural, 4.5 and I have yellow undertones so this is perfect for my skin.
Will re-purchase this over and over again. So much so, that I actually don't want to try any other foundation!
Dry skin gals, TRY THIS! You can't go wrong combined with a good moisturiser :)