August 23, 2014 | 1321 users online

Cleansers - Aura Cacia - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually wait until I have used a product for a while to review it, but I'm so excited by Grapeseed Oil I have to write now!!! I'll update later too... I have never seen my skin change noticeably overnight until using this as a precleanse. Seriously, I woke up & my skin was smooth, bumps had deflated overnight, it was even & toned. To the point that my husband came in the bathroom and said, "Did you already put makeup on?". Same result today. I also rubbed a little on some stubborn chest zits last night and they are on their way out this morning. I'm so glad I discovered this instead of blowing $25 + s&h on DHC or MAC cleansing oil. What a find, thank you MUA gals for the informative reviews!

EDIT: 3 years later...I have been using this or jojoba as a precleanse when I wear sunscreen or heavy makeup. I have been using grapeseed oil as my only nighttime moisturizer & patting it on in the morning under sunscreen. It is just the perfect oil for my skin. I really think it is finding the right oil with the right properties for your skin. I have a couple tiny Nalgene bottles from REI that I use for travel. Same as with the big bottle - remove lid, tip bottle over & back to upright, pat oil on face. I have added Retin-A Micro to my routine to even things & prevent wrinkles. The grapeseed oil has been the perfect moisturizer. Occasionally if I use the Retin-A too many nights in a row or am dry for some reason I will combine a little jojoba in flaky spots, but I just swear by grapeseed - sooooo glad I found this oil.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

As a pre-cleanse, this totally clogged my clog-prone skin. Avocado is the only oil I can use on my oily/dehydrated face and its awesome. So now I have a whole bottle of this stuff that I can't use. Then I was reading an article by a bunch of different dermatologists (and I can't find the article now darnit), but one of them said as a gentle antioxidant eye treatment, he recommends patting grapeseed oil around the eyes 15-30 min prior to getting in the shower, then let the steam help it penetrate skin. The linoleic acid helps smooth skin as well. Well it really works. I pat a drop all around both eyes when I first get out of bed, go about my business for a bit, then jump in the shower and wait until the end to rinse it off. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and it has noticeably brightened and smoothed the skin around my eyes, especially my upper lids. Doesn't burn my eyes or bother my contacts either.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by joeyd

I love this product as a precleanser and as a moisturizer. I have sundamaged, sensitive, acne prone skin. I mostly use this as a precleanser. I massage it all over my face and neck. Then I wipe off with a wet warm towel. Next I wash with MyChelle's white cranberry cleanser. The results have been amazing. It leaves my skin brighter, even, and more radiant. I'll use some as a moisturizer if i need it and I've had no breakouts. I'll never be without grapeseed oil again. I can't stop touching my skin I can hardly believe how soft it's become, lol.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lovelyiam

I purchased this as an alternative to DHC's oil cleanser and I'd say that this product works SO WELL! It takes off all of my make-up : concealer, mineral foundation, powder. Only downside is that it kind of takes a long time to clean my face.. since I have to massage it into my face, then steam my face with a gentle wash clothe .. which I was told to repeat at least twice. The reason why I started oil cleansing is because my face gets really dry after double cleansing my face with foam cleansing.. and after using oil cleansing method, my face isn't dry, and it doesn't make me break out. In fact, I haven't had a pimple from using this product. It got rid of blackheads on my nose.. I don't really have problems with black heads but I'm glad that it got rid of most of it. Sometimes, I mix it with jojoba oil.. but mostly, after I use grapeseed oil to clean my face, I use jojoba oil to moisturize very lightly, then use a light moisturizer. Then in the morning, my face is just radiant looking and not dry at all =) I have a combination skin.. -_- it gets oily but i have a lot of dry areas too. This product works like a charm!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to try as a precleanser to remove makeup and as a body oil. I'd heard it was one of the lighter oils and good for oily or acne-prone skin. However, I didn't like it at all. It didn't seem to remove my stubborn Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion, even though I massaged it into dry skin and then washed it off with my usual cleanser (Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser). As a body oil, it didn't absorb into my skin and remained greasy feeling all day. Overall, it just didn't fit into my skincare routine.
Ingredients: Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by MiraxT

I use this oil to clean off my mascara and eyeliner and it does a great job of that. It also dissolves foundation and allows it to be gently wiped away with a soft washcloth. As a general facial cleanser, it doesn't break me out after three weeks of use, but I don't know how much cleansing action it is actually providing. I do like how my face isn't tight after cleaning and seems to rinse off in warm water fairly well (face isn't oily). I don't like the weird squirt bubble packaging. It dispenses oil with some pressure on the bottle, but the flow is very hard to control and I often end up with too much. I would prefer either a pour spout or a dropper. Will repurchase because it is really cheap and does an excellent job of removing eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WONDERFUL PRODUCT!!!! I've been using this oil as my moisterizer for about 4 months, and I must say it's not only made my skin glow, but my fine lines are practically gone! I was terrified about putting this on my face, but I'm so happy I did. I've also noticed fewer and fewer blackheads on my nose!!! WILL NEVER STOP USING THIS!!!! You must try it. I find it at Whole Foods.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by almost40

Oh wow,I LOVE this stuff.I use it..mixed with almond oil..as a nightly serum under my moisturiser and the results are amazing.My skin glows,my lines are fading and my skin looks flawless which at 41 is wonderful.Its worth a try if your skin is dull cos it really does brighten it up.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful light easily absorbing oil that is very good to my combination sensitive skin especially during the daytime as its absorbs so well and really gives you a luminous glow. No breakouts no irritation, softens wrinkles- brightens my face. I have thrown away all store brand face moisturizers in favor of this totally natural gem along with several other oils I like. Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily or combo skin as it is moisturizing and still has slight astringent properties to it. With continued use I have found that I like it best for my nose, cheeks and chin,and as a night time eyelid treatment as it has firming properties that are quite obvious in the morning. Under the eyes and on my forehead I prefer other oils as I am no youngster and need more moisture there. Buy amber glass bottles with droppers as the oil holds up better and is easier to use that way.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edited: mix in some emulsifer to make a great cleansing oil (I use cromollient from GoW). Maybe it's due to the vitamin e, but I do not find this grapeseed oil to be drying at all, in fact when mixed w/emulsifier it's less drying than most commercially prepared cleansing oils I've tried.
This review is for the Auria Cacia Grapeseed Oil (which also contains vitamin E). I use this all around my eyes to remove sunscreen and/or concealer. Cleansing oils were making my undereye area too dehydrated and this stuff has been great, leaving the area moisturized rather than dehydrated.