October 20, 2014 | 822 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

I have acne-prone skin but it's sensitive and sometimes prone to dryness and using Greek yoghurt in particular is a good, cheap cleansing and moisturising mask. Didn't really break me out surprisingly. Most people seem to be mixing their yoghurt masks with other things but my skin does fine with the yoghurt alone. Sometimes I put honey or oatmeal but it doesn't really make a big difference so I don't bother. Whether you have dry, normal, acne-prone, sensitive, oily or whatever skin, I highly recommend doing the yoghurt mask. Since its pretty cheap, what have you got to lose if it turns out that it doesn't work for you? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by hershieowef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i follow bubzbeauty's tutorial on the chocolate mask which consists of 3 ingredients: honey, cocoa powder, and yogurt. THE BEST MASK EVER. best feeling (if you get the consistency right, it shouldnt be runny, and after a while it will really "hold on" to your skin), best tasting (lol), best smelling, most gentle, most moisturizing, cooling, mask that brightens your skin instantly after you rinse it off, and heals active pimples. non-comedogenic and natural, it's safe for everyone.
if you wanna watch the video tutorial:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by xshado

I use a greek yogurt to brighten, mosturize and tone my face.
Gosh, it does wonders!
I love anything that would brighten up my face!

This mask works so much better like this:
Honey (organic/raw)
2-3 squeezes of lemon
smashed strawberries

This mask is just amazing!
Honey to moisturize and strawberries for anti-oxidants
Yogurt is really good for your face, hair and body. (plain/greek yogurt)
It can help you fight against acne, prevent premature aging, it gets rid of dead skins and tightens pores, can help discoloration and if you have a sunburn just apply yogurt.

Another face mask:
Yogurt
Table spoon of olive oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by carabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I am late on this bandwagon. I eat Greek yogurt everyday for breakfast, so I had a tub in my fridge. I am acne-prone, with generally 2-3 active zits, and plenty of old blemish marks. Began using this about ten days ago at least once daily ( I work weird hours so I usually have time for morning and night), and I am thrilled. I mix 1 tsp full fat Greek yogurt with a drizzle (1/2 tsp) honey and a slight squeeze of lemon and I have not had any new blemishes. It is very moisturizing, leaving your skin silky smooth. I guess I should note I leave it on about 10 minutes then rinse off.

I think the key with this for me is that the acid in the yogurt and lemon exfoliate without any irritation. Irritation is what breaks me out. It has removed most of the redness in my face. I don't need a moisturizer after this, and I am generally pretty dry.

I am going to continue with this and see what happens. I really want to emphasize the point that irritation (harsh scrubs!!) facilitates the development of acne on a lot of folks, and non-irritating exfoliation has been the key for me, a nearly 15 year sufferer of acne, to even close to clear skin. Ditch your apricot scrubs and try it. Cheap as Dale too.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by LuckyCoffee

It's my fourth week of using Yogurt as a daily facial mask, I mix:
1 tbsp of yogurt
1 tsp of oatmeal
1 tsp of white rice flour.

This combination has worked wonders in evening out my skin tone as well as improving the texture of my skin. I leave it on for 30 minutes nightly before bed.

I have to admit though, I was about to abandon the whole thing 2 weeks into it as my skin got worse, there were more bumps on my skin and I started to get new pimples but I kept at it and now I realize, my skin was purging. The purging is still happening BUT the pimples seem to go away quietly and I am seeing general improvements. The blackheads are subsiding and the bumps are disappearing and as I mentioned before my skin tone is starting to even out, I'm sure the oatmeal and white rice flour have a lot to do with this as well.

I also had a major cystic acne jerk on my chin for the last couple of months and it was not going away, but slowly but surely, this concoction is finally fading the dark brown ugliness under my skin and bringing the sucker to its head where hopefully it can disappear forever.

I am going to continue this regiment and hopefully continue to see improvements, will try to post the progress at a later time.

UPDATE: It's been 3 month of using this mask daily and it has transformed my skin. I am no longer purging! It has refined my pores and reduced the number of blackheads on my nose. The whiteheads are taking a little longer to disappear but I definitely have seen an improvement. There also has been an overall improvement in the tone and evenness of my skin. I am addicted to this mask, no matter how tired I am or busy I am, I make sure I do it before bed because it's so worth it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by slj324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I made a yogurt, honey and oatmeal mask last night and it made my face feel so good! I left it on for about 30 minutes and then rinsed it off with warm water followed by cold water to close my pores. I will definitely be trying this again!
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup of dry oats
1 tsp. of honey
This makes a lot so I just put it in the fridge and I'll probably use the remainder today.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by madhat

God bless yoghurt!I have always thought after great research on cosmetics that natural products(in the fridge/garden etc)work miracles.Here 's my mask-1 teaspoon o f yoghurt,1 tablespoon honey,1 tspoon of fresh lemon juice,1 tspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of almond oil(if you don't have it,try olive oil).Leave for 15 minutes and clean your face with mild cleanser.It's one of the best masks i 've ever used!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Read the reviews on the yogurt mask, so I tried it on my sensitive, combination skin! Not a good skin reaction! It felt great on my skin, but the next few days I broke out in white heads! I use a BHA, so I should not experience my skin purging of anything! Don't recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by NilsLove

this def works on ugly huge red acne bumbs! im relieved, mix with oats and leave in for 40 minutes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I just tried my first few yogurt masks this week and my skin feels AMAZING! I just slather plain full fat yogurt on my face, leave on for 20-30 minutes and rinse with water and pat dry. I don't wash afterwards so that the residue is left behind on the skin. Even after the first one I felt a noticeable difference; my skin is so soft. Best mask I've ever used! Love it! And so cheap. I buy the generic brand for around $2. Amazing.