October 30, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Ahava - Mineral Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite for a day hand cream as it feels gorgeous, sinks in quickly, moisturizes non-stop and never feels greasy/sticky. My hands are very dry and this is the only one I'm 100% satisfied with. At night I use a high % glycolic cream like MD Formulations (I'm 42 and want to prevent sun/age spots!).

I have tried them all: all the Mario Badescu hand creams, L'Occitane Shea Butter (my hands don't feel moisturized after the initial heaviness), Aveda, Origins, Clinique, Lancome, etc. and NONE of them moisturized like the Ahava Mineral Hand Cream. La Mer's hand cream is $70+ and I wasn't impressed with the results. I have tried drug store brands (Neutrogena's Hand & Nail is quite good) but at my age, I prefer more elegant packaging. If you haven't tried Ahava Mineral Hand Cream, I highly suggest you do!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Maxa

This hand cream is wonderful!But for the price it costs,I'd expect nothing less.The texture of this cream is marvelous.It goes on very rich,then melts into the skin and leaves hands "shiny" and moist looking(you know,the effect you get with parrafin hand treatment).Helps with dry cuticles immensely.I love the smell,so I like that it lingers.I'll sure try many other hand creams,but this one is a definite keeper and repurchaser during long cold Canadian winter months.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2007 2:17:00 AM More reviews by shirlh

I'm not really diligent with hand creams, and got this as a gift. I use this in the office, it gets absorbed very quickly, there's no oily aftermath and it lasts through a couple of washes.

However, the fragrance doesn't agree with me. It isn't offending but it isn't appealing either. I will not be repurchasing after I run out of it. For the price that I found on the net for it, I would like to get something that smells lovely (at least to me).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jananaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. Scored it for $9.99 at Marshalls. I originally got this in a gift set with the foot cream and I love them both. This is definately a new HG, and I'll be carrying it in my purse and keep one by my desk. It's got a light scent that's a bit floral and smells like the spa. It moisturizes leaving hands really soft, but not greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by chloeraen

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The. Best. Ever.
I carry it around with me and use almost a bottle of it every two weeks. It is my HBIC.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by springchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Of all the hand creams I have tried, this has definitely been my favorite in terms of both effectiveness (good moisturizing) and especially cosmetic appeal (really nice scent, texture etc). However, I have yet to try other higher end creams like the famed L'occitane shea butter one, but I can definitely say that this cream is a lot better than generic drug store ones. However, it could be more moisturizing (effect doesn't last more than an hour on) - it needs to be reapplied pretty often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ahava's "Mineral Hand Cream" is it's new version of it's previous "Advanced Hand Cream", which is now discontinued. I read many good reviews for the product on MUA and decided to try it myself while I was home in Israel for the holidays. The first thing I have to make note of is the price. This seems to be a very pricey department store product overseas retailing for as much as $15 for a 100ml tube. In Israel, this is a drugstore product (although drugstore/department/parfumerie products in Israel tend to mix and aren't strictly sold in one or the other) which I purchased for 20 shekels, which is about the average price for a hand cream and is about 3 dollars. The product itself was a good purchase. I liked the smooth texture of the cream, and it didn't make my hands feel dry after it soaked in like many other hand creams do. It took longer for me to soak in than other creams, but I didn't feel like I needed to apply very often. I didn't like the scent, which seems to be the case with the rest of the reviewers who reviewd the "Advanced Hand Cream". It is flowery/powdery which lingers, and I like my hand creams to have their scent dissipate after a short period of time. I'd purchase this again, but only in Israel where the price is vastly more afforable.