Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This contouring powder works pretty well, but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. I think I have enough to last a while until I can try a new brand! It contours well and creates nice shadows where you want them, but it's very subtle and I feel like when I use as much as I need to create the contour, it becomes muddy by the end of the day. I think this product would be ideal for people with already prominent contour lines to enhance them because it is a fairly light product. It's a good product, but I won't be spending another $43 on it!

on 8/9/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So far this is the best "sculpting" powder I've used. I try to make the tip of my nose slimmer and this color is so natural and "cool" looking. People who've tried to slim their nose w makeup will know that usually these products are reddish which ends up bringing more attention to that area, this is nothing like that. Also very good on cheeks etc but because of the price I'll just use it on my nose

on 2/20/2010 2:08:00 PM

TEXTURE: Very sheer, super finely-milled and light as gossamer--the opposite of cakey, heavy, grainy drugstore powders. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

COLOR: Pale, neutral brown, slightly taupey. I wanted something really pale and subtle for contouring so I could even use it during the day if I wanted to. This fits the bill perfectly. It's so sheer and natural-looking that it's nearly impossible to overdo it. Gives clean, subtle definition to cheeks, chin, eyes, nose, etc.

FRAGRANCE: None.

PACKAGING: Sleek, slim, rectangular compact in KA's signature glossy wine. Very chic.

PRICE: $42.

REPURCHASE?: Yes, definitely. Despite the expense, this is a very useful item and I haven't come across anything that rivals it.

on 11/2/2009 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have nothing to complain about this product aside from price and packaging quality. This is very expensive for a bronzer like pressed powder, and I am sure there are something out there that does exactly the same thing just as well for half the price, but if price was not a matter, this is the wonderful texture and color. The packaging looks cheap, as in on my vanity, its packaging quality is not comparable to brands like NARs, Shu Uemura etc.

on 10/31/2009 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Had I known about this product, I never would have bought MAC Taupe. Not that I don't like Taupe but this is so much better. I don't know if The Sculpting Powder comes in different shades. I got Medium, which is almost a dead ringer for Taupe. Both are fantastic for contouring but the difference lies in the texture.

The Sculpting Powder is silky smooth and blends beautifully. Taupe is easy to blend but the texture is more chalky and not nearly as silky. I don't even reach for Taupe anymore because I love using the KA so much. I use it everyday to give my face a little more definition but I can also do a very dramatic sculpted cheekbones look at night. If you're serious about adding a good contouring powder to your beauty arsenal, this is the product to get.

By the way, I have tried using bronzers to contour and while the results were okay, I couldn't get the look I really wanted--sculpted cheekbones and a more defined jawline. For contouring, you really need a neutral taupey brown-based shade to do contour if you want to avoid looking bronzed or orange. Depending on what kind of mood I'm in, I use contouring powder with bronzer and blush (for a dramatic look at night) or just contouring powder or contouring powder and blush. Keep in mind that this is not a bronzer or blush so it should not be applied like bronzer or blush.

Bronzer is applied to the high planes of your face (cheekbones, temples, bridge of nose, chin) where you would naturally get color from the sun. Apply contouring powder that way and you'll get a disaster. I like to sculpt my cheekbones by applying contouring powder underneath the cheekbones and then I give my jawline definition by applying the powder underneath (instead of right on) the jawbone and under my chin to create shadows.

on 10/21/2009 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

As I have said before, I usually overlook what is right in front of me... and speaking to someone about contouring now that MAC has the Dsuqared collection out, I re-discovered my KA Sculpting powder.

This is a dark looking powder in the pan. It applies much lighter and so so smooth. The quality of sculpting is amazing and you can really re-define your face with it. I use this product for night because I don't wear much contouring for day and when I do, I use the Sculpt/Accentuate from MAC. But this product is hands down the Sculpting winner.

It is not cheap -- but a very small amount well applied and buffed will give you the most amazing sculpted face.

I love this product and will re-purchase.

on 7/15/2009 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder is amazing! I'm a PPP blonde with light eyes and at first glance this powder looks like it would be way too dark and muddy, but after reading the reviews and trying it at Sephora, I took the plunge. Like a previous reviewer, I've tried bronzers and brown-toned blushers to try to get that contoured look, but they usually turned out to be too orangy or too shimmery to use as a shader. Armani has a great brown bronzer, but it's too shiny to use as anything except what it was intended for. The KA sculpting powder is the perfect matte brown color for shading under the cheekbones. Not only that, it is incredibly easy to use! I thought I'd really have to work at it - especially since it's packaged with a sponge, which I thought was strange, but the sponge actually lays the color down in one place without disbursing all over the place like a brush would and then I use the sponge to buff it out and diffuse the edges. It takes me only a minute and I swear it's fool proof. This is my fifth KA product (I also have the airbrush foundation, the creme eyeliner, e/s palette #6 and the rouge hommage lipstick) and every one of them is a winner. I can't believe this line isn't carried in high end department stores since the quality and the packaging (not to mention the prices!) rival any of the designer lines I've tried. I'll probably by the loose powder and the blush next. God bless Kevyn Aucoin.

on 6/30/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have been searching for the perfect powder to contour for YEARS. I had used all kinds of bronzers and even a BE shading powder that wasn't too bad. I went to Sephora for a little retail therapy and there it was! No shimmer or sparkle. Very sheer. Looks totally natural on my NW 20 skin. I just did the hollows of my cheeks and it too about 4 seconds. This is definitely my HG sculpting powder!

on 1/19/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best powder I've come across for contouring the face. Shade is very similar to MAC Emote, but the KA looks a little more natural. The colour is very dark and scary in the pan, but you don't have to be as careful as you think, once it's on the face it's not as pigmented or as dark as it looks in the pan. I will definately repurchase when I run out, which won't be for a long long long time.

on 11/9/2008 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Powder is truely remarkable. This is my first sculpting powder and Kevyn Aucoin. The price is somewhat steep at around $42. Although, I have been using the "Sculpting Powder" nearly everyday since I received it in the mail. It took me alittle time in figuring out how to use it forexample, as to where to place the product, with what tool, and how much. But if you do buy it you will find out that you will only need the tiniest amount to achieve your sculpted look. So far I have been using my 227 brush for applying the product on my nose followed with an angled blush brush for blending.

Popular Bronzers