Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 5/28/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my all-time favorite beauty tricks! I have high-ish cheekbones but they kind of blend into my roundish face. I have tried millions of bronzers, brown eyeshadows, darker foundation and powder than my skintone. . . .all look clownish and very obvious. Not this incredibly ingenious powder! It is a neutral brown/taupe-brown color and comes in one shade I believe, "Medium," and with a light hand can magically sculpt bone structure like Angelina Jolie! Totally makes cheekbones pop and strong jaws. I have a thin nose, so I don't need to use it there, but I've heard it's great for sculpting that area too. WELL worth the price, just a gorgeous finely milled powder, the perfect sculpting color (blows Mac sculpt powders out of the water as this has no signs of red in it) and can totally transform the structure of your face! A+++++!!

on 5/20/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Previously, I have been using countless bronzers and face powders a few shades darker than my own to contour my face. I am Asian and have a quintessentially prominent jawline with little cheekbone definition so I sorely needed something to sculpt my face.. especially in photos where my face would look like a moon at times. I wanted that super contoured look that I see in fashion spreads where the models would have hollow shadows under their cheekbones. I was never completely satisfied with the look achieved by bronzers and powders. A good sculpting powder needs to achieve the look of shadows and that requires the perfect harmonization of reds, browns, and grays. Bronzers will more often than not just make me look tanner and darker face powders were a bit better but didn't quite sculpt me.

This product completely changed everything! I love love love it. It really gives the look of shadows and for the first time in my life I have real definition in my face lol. I have since turned so many of my gfs onto it of all diff skintones and coloring and they are addicted as well. When I take photos especially I really see the difference. I even got asked if I lost weight when I was wearing it once :)

I give it a five for the actual product but I hate the packaging. For the price.. I would think that KA would have better looking packaging- it is cheap looking, plastic, and ugly and the brush that comes with it is absolutely useless. You cannot possibly do any contouring with it. You need to buy a separate small contouring brush to use with it so I hate how it makes the packaging bigger for no reason. I would highly recommend this product to ANYONE. Run to go buy this. You will love it!

on 4/24/2012 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am so glad I bought this product. I am always on the hunt for "sculpting powders" after I lost my LE MAC sculpt and shade duo; and some colours just don't work that well for sculpting - they have too much pigment and will not look natural when trying to create shadows on the face. I tried this in Space NK and the SA applied under my cheek bones with the sponge contained in the product. It is so subtle. At first I could barely see it but when I stood back from the mirror, it looked so natural. She said its because the pigment is sheer and contains the natural colours found in skin to mimic the effects of shadows in the skin. I use it on the cheekbones and also down the sides of the nose to create a slimmer nose. It is such a good idea and I love the slim red packaging. I got aŁ5 off this on the NDulge card from Space NK so that was an added bonus.

on 10/27/2011 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely HG status. This is the only sculpting powder I've found that isn't glittery, shimmery or orange like a cheap bronzer. It's a perfect brown shade, blends well and looks very natural when applied, accentuating the natural shadows of the face.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This contouring powder works pretty well, but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. I think I have enough to last a while until I can try a new brand! It contours well and creates nice shadows where you want them, but it's very subtle and I feel like when I use as much as I need to create the contour, it becomes muddy by the end of the day. I think this product would be ideal for people with already prominent contour lines to enhance them because it is a fairly light product. It's a good product, but I won't be spending another $43 on it!

on 8/9/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So far this is the best "sculpting" powder I've used. I try to make the tip of my nose slimmer and this color is so natural and "cool" looking. People who've tried to slim their nose w makeup will know that usually these products are reddish which ends up bringing more attention to that area, this is nothing like that. Also very good on cheeks etc but because of the price I'll just use it on my nose

on 2/20/2010 2:08:00 PM

TEXTURE: Very sheer, super finely-milled and light as gossamer--the opposite of cakey, heavy, grainy drugstore powders. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

COLOR: Pale, neutral brown, slightly taupey. I wanted something really pale and subtle for contouring so I could even use it during the day if I wanted to. This fits the bill perfectly. It's so sheer and natural-looking that it's nearly impossible to overdo it. Gives clean, subtle definition to cheeks, chin, eyes, nose, etc.

FRAGRANCE: None.

PACKAGING: Sleek, slim, rectangular compact in KA's signature glossy wine. Very chic.

PRICE: $42.

REPURCHASE?: Yes, definitely. Despite the expense, this is a very useful item and I haven't come across anything that rivals it.

on 11/2/2009 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have nothing to complain about this product aside from price and packaging quality. This is very expensive for a bronzer like pressed powder, and I am sure there are something out there that does exactly the same thing just as well for half the price, but if price was not a matter, this is the wonderful texture and color. The packaging looks cheap, as in on my vanity, its packaging quality is not comparable to brands like NARs, Shu Uemura etc.

on 10/31/2009 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Had I known about this product, I never would have bought MAC Taupe. Not that I don't like Taupe but this is so much better. I don't know if The Sculpting Powder comes in different shades. I got Medium, which is almost a dead ringer for Taupe. Both are fantastic for contouring but the difference lies in the texture.

The Sculpting Powder is silky smooth and blends beautifully. Taupe is easy to blend but the texture is more chalky and not nearly as silky. I don't even reach for Taupe anymore because I love using the KA so much. I use it everyday to give my face a little more definition but I can also do a very dramatic sculpted cheekbones look at night. If you're serious about adding a good contouring powder to your beauty arsenal, this is the product to get.

By the way, I have tried using bronzers to contour and while the results were okay, I couldn't get the look I really wanted--sculpted cheekbones and a more defined jawline. For contouring, you really need a neutral taupey brown-based shade to do contour if you want to avoid looking bronzed or orange. Depending on what kind of mood I'm in, I use contouring powder with bronzer and blush (for a dramatic look at night) or just contouring powder or contouring powder and blush. Keep in mind that this is not a bronzer or blush so it should not be applied like bronzer or blush.

Bronzer is applied to the high planes of your face (cheekbones, temples, bridge of nose, chin) where you would naturally get color from the sun. Apply contouring powder that way and you'll get a disaster. I like to sculpt my cheekbones by applying contouring powder underneath the cheekbones and then I give my jawline definition by applying the powder underneath (instead of right on) the jawbone and under my chin to create shadows.

on 10/21/2009 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

As I have said before, I usually overlook what is right in front of me... and speaking to someone about contouring now that MAC has the Dsuqared collection out, I re-discovered my KA Sculpting powder.

This is a dark looking powder in the pan. It applies much lighter and so so smooth. The quality of sculpting is amazing and you can really re-define your face with it. I use this product for night because I don't wear much contouring for day and when I do, I use the Sculpt/Accentuate from MAC. But this product is hands down the Sculpting winner.

It is not cheap -- but a very small amount well applied and buffed will give you the most amazing sculpted face.

I love this product and will re-purchase.

Popular Bronzers