September 21, 2014 | 1642 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Bent Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Orwell

I got this as a free gift with Australian Vogue. The bent wand does not add anything to the application and holds too much product on the end of the tip. The mascara itself gives a nice black finish, which is slightly clumpy unless application is done perfectly. It does not give the same kind of volume as say Diorshow, but gives a thicker finish compared to something like Clinique's High Impact Mascara. As an everyday work mascara, it is satisfactory to add a bit of thickness. Unfortunately, due to its clumpiness and difficulty in application and the fact that it does not add length to my lashes, I won't be (re)purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara came free with an issue of Aussie Vogue, which is good, as I'd be furious had I actually purchased it. The wand is a goopy mess and collects way too much product. It's surprisingly difficult to apply and gives me the worst clumpy spider lashes you can imagine. After several attempts to blog it off and separate my lashes with a tissue, I still looked like something out of a horror movie. The mascara then proceeded to flake off and blacken the skin under my eyes for the rest of the day. This must be fairly expensive too, no? Save your pennies, this mascara is not worth the trouble. I haven't thrown it out yet though. Maybe I'll use it for an art project. Comes in a shiny silver tube that might look nice as part of a mobile.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by CaramelBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara, although the brush can collect a bit more product than I care for, it does deliver. My only problem is that it flakes off at times. It does curl and lift, making me look like an eyelash curler pro but the flakes I could do without.
    The packaging is fine; a sleek shiny metal tube will always find favor with me.
    I give it a 4 because it does deliver, however it is pricey and it does flake even when I don't touch my eyes. Overall, I LOVE the curl, lift, length and definition it gave - I can't say it's worth the $20+ price tag.
    I won this item in a sweepstakes but I would purchase it for
    special occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2008 10:20:00 AM More reviews by tjrenee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I said I love the Bad Gal Lash but the Get bent is horrible!!!! It gets very messy because to much of the mascara comes out so you have to keep wiping the tip. Much to goopy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Much as I love the way the wand is slanted and makes application so much easier, I'm not going to repurchase it. The first time I used it, it was perfect and I thought I had found the best mascara for my little tiny asian eyelashes. My second and further applications were similar to some of the reviewers here. Too much mascara comes out and I end up blotting most of it away. Perhaps Benefit should 'bend' the tube as well as the stick so that mascara comes out evenly. Also, mine is only 3 weeks old and starting to clump and thicken. Will continue my search for THE mascara for asian lashes......

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lesleeann74

I got this in The Fast & Flawless kit. Taking the whole thing back tomorrow. The mascara is just piled on the brush, hence lots of waste. I can't say the shape of the brush does any good. It didn't curl my lashes or keep them curled when I tried it after curling and then without. Plus, I only used it on my upper lashes and had raccoon eyes, I didn't even use any eyeliner. It's a shame Benefit has such cute marketing, but maybe their products are really stuck in what was available in the 50's.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by NicoleL22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, I think this mascara worked better with Sephora's tester wands than it did with its special bent brush. I tried it over my regular mascara and thought it looked okay but figured since the brush was hyped up I would notice a difference when using that. I've had better results with drugstore mascaras.

Also, there seemed to be a funny scent to this (not sure if that is the standard or if my tube was old).

Would never buy this again or suggest it to anyone, sorry : (

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried to use this mascara on several occasions and every time I did I made a big gloppy mess of it. As others have mentioned, way too much product comes out on the wand and I have to blot so much away that I end up with a tissue and sometimes fingers covered in the stuff. Also, I hate paying for all that wasted product. I don't like the applicator and end up with it on my eyelids. Because there are so many other mascara options available I don't think anyone should have to put up with poor performance from a makeup staple that (IMHO) I should be able to put on in a flash and forget about. Definitely not a re-purchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by cheeken

I like this mascara. I haven't found a better one yet - even though I've temporarily stopped looking since I'm quite satisfied with this one.

It gives just enough lift, and lengthens it just enough to still look like I'm not wearing mascara! And, it's never clumped or looked gross!! And, that's why I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

When it comes to formula, I'm pleasantly surprised with Get Bent. Yes, it's quite thick, so I expected it to clump my lashes together, or at the very least, weigh them down. Not so. This actually holds my curl, and doesn't flake or smear. It's also very black, which I love. Once I've withdrawn the bent brush from the tube, I have to remove a little excess from the tip of it, but it's so easy to get every last little lash.

Now for the cons. Pushing the brush back in the tube, because it's bent, causes product to end up all over the rim. It's also pricey for a mascara - I used to buy all higher end, department store mascaras, until I realized that paying $30 every two months was a joke, considering I liked $6 and $7 mascaras just as well ast their expensive counterparts. I didn't purchase Get Bent - it was a gift - and I doubt I would ever purchase it myself. It's a good product - just not worth its price point. And considering the majority of the product ends up drying out on the rim, it feels like a waste of money.