Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

3.5

Water; Mineral Oil; PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil; Isohexadecane; Sodium Lactate; Urea; Glycerin; Isopropyl Palmitate; Panthenol; Microcrystalline Wax; Magnesium Sulfate; Lanolin Alcohol; Bisabolol; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

on 4/9/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is for me the only drugstore product that banishes flaky dry skin effectively, but I do hate how it never seems to really absorb into the skin. I always end up with a slightly sticky feeling, even the next morning. Still I use this once a week or so to keep my skin smooth and just bear with it.

on 3/16/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product out because my mother got it from Costco and there was an extra bottle so I took it. I honestly think that this product smells like cheese, so nasty. I asked all of my friends to tell me what it smells like (without letting them know that I thought it smelled like cheese) and they all said cheese! CHEESE!
Anywho, it's not that bad, it does moisturize, but way too greasy and smelly for me. I've switched up to Gold Bond and it works wonders. I put it on my feet last night and I couldn't help but rub my feet together...so smooth. When I was using Eucerin, my feet were still dry.

Update: I said I put Gold Bond on my feet and blah blah blah, well that crap left me with dry flaky skin in between my toes (sorry for the details), so now I've switched back to using Eucerin on my feet. I did it for one night and the next morning they were much improved. I guess I just have to deal with the smell. It's not like anyone's gonna smell my feet, that would be creepy.

on 2/2/2009 2:31:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This stuff smells like glue, but retains none of glue sniffing's redeeming qualities. The texture is very glue-like, too. It's thick and greasy and hard to get off your hands. It contains a relatively large amount of castor oil---I'm not sure if that mixes with the lanolin strangely to give it its more irritating qualities.

This review if for the enriched version. This lotion is a miracle. I have been battling eczema and keratosis pilaris my whole life and I can't even begin to tell you how this lotion has been leaving my usual extremely dry and roughest skin parts to silky, soft, and smooth. I can see how this lotion would get negative reviews from those who don't truly suffer from dry skin. Also it's very thick and hard to rub in, so I found what works best is when I get out of the shower I don't towel dry. I know I hated this idea too but if you suffer from similar skin problems like me give it a shot and you'll be amazed. So I step out of the shower and wipe off access water with my hands and immediately slather this amazing lotion on. I pump about 5 pumps to each legs 2 to my tummy & chest, 2 to my arms, and 2 to my buttocks and lower back. SO has noticed the difference, I have noticed the difference since using this, truly my one and only, HG. Blows aveeno out of the water.

on 1/23/2009 5:04:00 PM

I don't get why there are so many negative reviews about this product!
I've tried many lotions over the years as I have very dry skin, especially in the winter.
Keratosis Pilaris has even been known to make appearances on my thighs and elbows. (much to my chagrin.) This Eucerin lotion is the only lotion out there that has worked for me. When I'm diligent (moisturizing right after exiting the shower, exfoliating beforehand) - This lotion gets rid of my KP completely, and leaves me with soft touchable skin. The only con I would mention is that yes, it is definitely a bit greasy and doesn't feel like it's sinking right into my skin...but i'm willing to put up with having to give it a few minutes to sink in if it means that it will heal my skin - which it does! I won't stray from this stuff, as I simply haven't found anything better. Highly recc'd!

on 1/17/2009 6:34:00 PM

I am too, surprised by the negative reviews on this product. I just bought this because I have sensitive skin, and I tend to have a reaction to most face lotions (aveeno, avon...). So then I decided to try something fragrance free and without all of that other fancy shmancy ingredients in it. I just wanted a simple lotion that works for dry skin!

Reading from the reviews, I now realize this is used as a body lotion. I actually just use this as a face moisturizer. I figured it was because it said "wont clog pores" on the back. Anywho- this works great. It doesn't feel greasy on me and it dries in a decent amount of time (under 5 minutes). It has really moisturized my skin- this lotion is like a cup full of water for my face! Goodbye to flaky/dry skin. I will be repurchasing!

on 1/16/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot believe this doesnt have better reviews, to each his own I guess. For anyone out there with dry skin, I mean really dry, itchy skin - you gotta try this. I live in NJ where my skin goes from oily in the summer to cracked and irritated in the winter. This has not only helped dry skin, but also the KP on my upper arms (so if you have that too, def try this). It is thick in consistency, but isnt that what you want in order to actually fix your dry skin problem?? I have found that products that absorb quickly dont have lasting results. It has no scent, which I love because it wont compete with your fragrance. ALSO, I even use this on my face!! I know Im crazy, but my face was super-dry one day & I didnt know what else to use. This made my StudioFix powder go on so well, and my skin looked dewy and glowing (not greasy) in 30 degree weather! Its not the cheapest lotion on the shelf, but when I use it for my entire body, how can I complain! If you wanna try it, get a small tube instead of the big pump - if you dont like it, you can always send it to me, HaHa

on 1/11/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

my pump broke :(
overall the product is greasy but it really helps my KP ..
put it on after your bath and 15 min or so before bed

on 12/30/2008 4:24:00 PM

I like Eucerin products, but this is just ok. It stays a little too tacky and doesn't sink in as well as the cream. I only use it on my hands because I like a silkier feel on my arms and legs.

I would buy this product again simply because I haven't been very satisfied with any lotion or cream lately. The main reason I like this product is because of my KP. This has done a reasonable job at helping relieve the KP on my arms and thighs. I do not,however, like the greasy feelings of this lotion. I've had the same problem with the brand's similiar product with SPF. I loved the idea of SPF for everyday use in the summer, but these products seem to not sink in immediately. I feel a little greasy for a bit after applying, and I don't like that. Pros: helps the bumps from KP Cons: crappy packaging (you can never get full use of the product because the pump stops working properly towards the end) too greasy