October 1, 2014 | 1788 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by squirrely

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff smells like glue, but retains none of glue sniffing's redeeming qualities. The texture is very glue-like, too. It's thick and greasy and hard to get off your hands. It contains a relatively large amount of castor oil---I'm not sure if that mixes with the lanolin strangely to give it its more irritating qualities.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by thepriceofacupoftea

This review if for the enriched version. This lotion is a miracle. I have been battling eczema and keratosis pilaris my whole life and I can't even begin to tell you how this lotion has been leaving my usual extremely dry and roughest skin parts to silky, soft, and smooth. I can see how this lotion would get negative reviews from those who don't truly suffer from dry skin. Also it's very thick and hard to rub in, so I found what works best is when I get out of the shower I don't towel dry. I know I hated this idea too but if you suffer from similar skin problems like me give it a shot and you'll be amazed. So I step out of the shower and wipe off access water with my hands and immediately slather this amazing lotion on. I pump about 5 pumps to each legs 2 to my tummy & chest, 2 to my arms, and 2 to my buttocks and lower back. SO has noticed the difference, I have noticed the difference since using this, truly my one and only, HG. Blows aveeno out of the water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by pandabear33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't get why there are so many negative reviews about this product!
I've tried many lotions over the years as I have very dry skin, especially in the winter.
Keratosis Pilaris has even been known to make appearances on my thighs and elbows. (much to my chagrin.) This Eucerin lotion is the only lotion out there that has worked for me. When I'm diligent (moisturizing right after exiting the shower, exfoliating beforehand) - This lotion gets rid of my KP completely, and leaves me with soft touchable skin. The only con I would mention is that yes, it is definitely a bit greasy and doesn't feel like it's sinking right into my skin...but i'm willing to put up with having to give it a few minutes to sink in if it means that it will heal my skin - which it does! I won't stray from this stuff, as I simply haven't found anything better. Highly recc'd!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am too, surprised by the negative reviews on this product. I just bought this because I have sensitive skin, and I tend to have a reaction to most face lotions (aveeno, avon...). So then I decided to try something fragrance free and without all of that other fancy shmancy ingredients in it. I just wanted a simple lotion that works for dry skin!

Reading from the reviews, I now realize this is used as a body lotion. I actually just use this as a face moisturizer. I figured it was because it said "wont clog pores" on the back. Anywho- this works great. It doesn't feel greasy on me and it dries in a decent amount of time (under 5 minutes). It has really moisturized my skin- this lotion is like a cup full of water for my face! Goodbye to flaky/dry skin. I will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe this doesnt have better reviews, to each his own I guess. For anyone out there with dry skin, I mean really dry, itchy skin - you gotta try this. I live in NJ where my skin goes from oily in the summer to cracked and irritated in the winter. This has not only helped dry skin, but also the KP on my upper arms (so if you have that too, def try this). It is thick in consistency, but isnt that what you want in order to actually fix your dry skin problem?? I have found that products that absorb quickly dont have lasting results. It has no scent, which I love because it wont compete with your fragrance. ALSO, I even use this on my face!! I know Im crazy, but my face was super-dry one day & I didnt know what else to use. This made my StudioFix powder go on so well, and my skin looked dewy and glowing (not greasy) in 30 degree weather! Its not the cheapest lotion on the shelf, but when I use it for my entire body, how can I complain! If you wanna try it, get a small tube instead of the big pump - if you dont like it, you can always send it to me, HaHa

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by disneydiva21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my pump broke :(
overall the product is greasy but it really helps my KP ..
put it on after your bath and 15 min or so before bed

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by pattyinop

I like Eucerin products, but this is just ok. It stays a little too tacky and doesn't sink in as well as the cream. I only use it on my hands because I like a silkier feel on my arms and legs.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by BakeCupcakesNotWar

I would buy this product again simply because I haven't been very satisfied with any lotion or cream lately. The main reason I like this product is because of my KP. This has done a reasonable job at helping relieve the KP on my arms and thighs. I do not,however, like the greasy feelings of this lotion. I've had the same problem with the brand's similiar product with SPF. I loved the idea of SPF for everyday use in the summer, but these products seem to not sink in immediately. I feel a little greasy for a bit after applying, and I don't like that. Pros: helps the bumps from KP Cons: crappy packaging (you can never get full use of the product because the pump stops working properly towards the end) too greasy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is a great lotion for my DH because he has very dry skin, but for me it is much too greasy. It seems to sit on top on my skin forever so it is very long lasting but can we please get it to absorb? I like that it's fragrance free so it doesn't compete with other scents you are wearing. I will only wear this during very cold Michigan nights after taking a warm bath. I should have looked at the ingredients first because it's a list of things that scream, "You will be greasy, slippery and gunky feeling all day when wearing this." Some ingredients: mineral oil, hydrogenated castor oil and microcrystalline wax.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lauralampkin

I bought this because of its AHAs, but the consistency leaves something to be desired. It's about the same viscosity as Elmer's. So it sort of feels like you're rubbing glue into your skin. I think it might be the lanolin, because I had the same issues with Lubriderm's regular unscented lotion. I switched to Lubriderm's lanolin free, dye free, fragrance free lotion, and am quite pleased. I have pretty sensitive skin, and I was having some breakouts and dryness on my upper arms, which the Lubriderm cleared up, and I'm pretty sure the Eucerin exacerbated (which is disappointing for Eucerin). So I still have half of this bottle of gluey lotion left, and I don't know what to do with it. Every once in a while, I forget what it was like, and try it again, and back it goes on the shelf.