November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by oceansidebella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm thinking I love this. I received a sample when I purchased something else at the Chanel counter recently, and upon trying it at home, I was quick to say "eh" and tossed it in the big makeup case (the one I rarely dive into). I decided to give it another shot as I became increasingly frustrated trying to make CG Lash Blast and L'oreal mascaras work (I have also tried a zillion high end mascaras). Well, as a lovely surprise, Chanel Inimitable Mascara really delivers.

Here's what: THERE IS NO PERFECT MASCARA THAT WILL PLEASE EVERYONE. Everyone has her (or his, I suppose) lash needs. So it's completely subjective. But, I think this one is worth a shot for those lash-obsessed like myself.

It's a great wand - not too stiff, not too flexible. Formula is not super wet. My packaging is a sample but all Chanel packaging is gorgeous -- it LOOKS like a $30 mascara. My favorite thing is that it really lifts and separates lashes. The BOTTOM line: less is more. Apply thin THIN layers and slowly build volume. It will definitely clump if there is too much product on the brush. Use patience, and you will have glorious feather-like lashes that last all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by chookana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product serves as a really beautiful daytime option, it separates and lengthens my lashes like crazy, especially after curling. But I would probably wear a different mascara for night time when I'm after a more dramatic look, this mascara doesn't do much for adding volume and curl which is something I usually like. Not the best mascara if you're after that dramatic look, but a for sure winner if you just want some definition during the day. I might try the intense version when I run out. Also, you gotta love the classic Chanel packaging!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by JK23

Got a sample of this. My lashes are long (w/o any lash-growing supplements) and this glided on, but right after curling it would straighten my lashes almost immediately.It wasn't clumpy but they didn't stay separated either.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by summerlovingbumming

I like applying this, it doesn't irritate my eyes, it makes my lashes look wonderful, it's easy to use...

But an hour or so after I put it on I always have to run around with a Q-tip to the bathroom to wipe off the black on my lower lids. Only transfers once, but annoying nevertheless.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this to try, and I thought it was average to slightly above average. I did notice this formula added length and seperation, but I never noticed it adding volume or curl to my wimpy, blonde lashes. I probably wouldn't purchase this again, but if I received a sample again I might use it if I ran out of my Dior mascara I constantly reach for =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SantaBarbaraBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara too and thought I would never use another brand! Well, I got a sample of Sephora's Atomic Volume mascara in ultra black and it is pretty great - not a bad alternative to Chanel's Inimitable when your budget is tight!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by WildflowerRuby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This mascara is *so* great. It adds a lot of length, and separates eyelashes very very well. There are absolutely no clumps, and paired with the eyelash curler, my lashes look totally like the models'! This would be my Holy Grail mascara and I'd purchase it if I wasn't equally hooked on my Haute & Naughty Lash, with which I can achieve *two* looks. L.O.V.E! <3 Chanel has done it again!
PS: I didn't purchase it- I tried it on at the Chanel counter and instantly fell in love. :) Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lkomatsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Best Mascara ever!!! Looooong lashes, fuller!!! It's just too expensive :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by kitajenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. Sometimes my lashes would look amazing, sometimes they were living in clump city. Also, weirdly, this mascara sometimes made stray lashes curl downwards. At the end of the day, it just wasn't worth the high price, so only three lippies for Inimitable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by cancorso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

great product, but very expensive. very good quality, if you don't buy it in Hong Kong :)