October 1, 2014 | 1672 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite creamy eye liner. I have this colour in Midnight black. I cannot compare it to the MAC fluidline because I donít have any, but I do can compare it to the MUFE aqua creamliner.
This eyeliner has a very creamy texture. Itís easy to apply on your eyelid or your waterline and it stays!! I like the small jar it comes in because itís very small but itís full of product. You have to be very lighthanded when getting the product with the brush, because you just need a very tiny bit to line your eyes.
I will repurchase again in in the future when I happen to find a Smashbox counter. I used to find it at Sephora, but they are not selling Smashbox anymore in Spain, so I have to wait, buy it online, or swap for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first gel/cream liner and i love it ... of coarse i don't have another brand to compare to it to. But as it is i really like it. It doesn't smudge on me and i use it on the waterline since it's waterproof and it stays a lot longer then my kohl pencil in smolder from mac. I wouldn't say it lasts all day but i'd say about 4 or 5 hours on my waterline! Which is the main reason i like it so much ... i have had this for about 4 months and i see no signs of drying out ... I will update this when or if it does. I will try a different brand once this is gone like MAC blacktrack or Bobbi Browns gel liner, just to try others. If they don;t work i'll for sure go back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

I love this eyeliner! Its application is easy, very pigmented, and smudge free. Living in the desert things dry out quicker than in other climates. Mine has been fine for a year and a half....after using a pencil liner for a couple of months I noticed when I opened the pot that it looked as if it were drying. I took the skinny end of a brush handle and mixed it up and viola.....its fine. If you ask yourself how long a normal liner would last this is honestly a great investment for the amount of time they last. I would never suggest adding things to a liner that is dried out, but don't judge a book by its cover because it may just be the top layer appearing dry. I have this in both brown and black, love them both equally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lord I thank you for sending this little gem my way! AMEN!!! This is so damn good, I don't know how I ever lived without it prior to its release! I've had it for I think 2 years, maybe longer & I have SOOO much left. I use this on my waterline only but I still use this every day. Hasn't dried up & doesn't budge! Love it! So dark & easy to use, even washing it off isn't hard when used with makeup remover or olive oil. Best thing smashbox has ever introduced to humanity!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by prim4tologist

I love this stuff. I've been using this on my upper lash line for quite a while now. I find that gel eyeliner is way easier for me to use than liquid liner, and it goes on much smoother than pencils. I recently let my mom try this too, and she loved it. She usually uses pencils, but always complains about them smudging all over the place, but she didn't have a problem with this. The staying power is great, and I love how black it is. Even though it is marketed as "waterproof," I don't know if I would actually wear it when I'm swimming. I usually just don't wear makeup when I swim because I get so paranoid about my makeup running anyways. For daily wear, I think this works very well. I would buy this again, but I have also been wanting to try the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, so I might try that one first to see which one I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by skimball94

I bought this at ulta around september and ive been using it everyday ever since. it really is a miricle product! its so easy to use, i can apply it to both eyes in under a minute with the angled brush and it looks so flawless. i would recomend this to anyone! it stays on the whole day and donest smudge. AT ALL :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Drumbaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm onto my third pot of Midnight Black so far and I'm yet to get thru half the pot before it dries up like a piece of clay! Smashbox really need to change the packaging or else put less in the jar so there's less wastage.
Besides this common complaint, I have nothing but glowing things to say about this liner. I have watery, sensitive eyes that react to even eye products designed for sensitive eyes/contact lens wearers. I can wear Jet Set on a daily basis on the inner rim and my eyes never react. This is the only liner I have found that is actually waterproof too. I've tried Stila's Smudge Pot and it doesn't stay on the inner rim very long for me.
It can be a bit tricky to get a thin, even line when using this on clients as you have to be pretty firm with the brush to prevent dragging, skipping and blobbing. But if you load the brush up and sort of twirl it as you go along it helps.
I love using Smashbox's #28 brush because it's quicker and more forgiving than the thin #21 arced liner. I find I have more success creating even lines with the 'push and wiggle' technique too.
I love this liner and will be using it for as long as it's still being produced!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is horrible, it dries out way to fast. When it is new it works really well and stays on forever, and is very dark (black), but like others have said after using it a couple of times it dries out and is useless. It is not due to improper storage or not tightening the cap, it is just a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I have this eyeliner in the color "midnight black." I have been using this eyeliner everyday for about two weeks now. This eyeliner is pretty long lasting, it does not smudge (Mac's gel eyeliner smudges on me after about 3 hours), and it's also waterproof like it claims (the eyeliner is still dark and intact after splashing my face with water at the end of the day). The only other two cream/gel eyeliners that I've used in the past were the Mac Fluidline and Bobbie Brown gel liner and they both smudges much more on me than this one, I guess I have really oily eyelids. I do normally wear an eye primer before using this but on some days when I don't wear the primer, it still doesn't smudges as much as the other two. I actually bought this liner before reading the reviews here! I'm glad that I did though since I may not have buy this after reading the review. It's too soon yet to see if my liner pot is gonna dried out yet, but I'm being careful in that whenever I open my eyeliner pot to use it, I would placed it upside down on the table so that the opening is cover while I draw my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ChristieAB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time I opened and used this product I loved it. I used it maybe 3 or 4 times before it completley dried out. It came with an angled brush which worked well but once the eyeliner was dry the brush would just rub over the top of the rock hard liner and do nothing. I tried adding water to it, but nothing could save it. Save your money, dont waste it on this product!!