April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - kate mascara base

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by themandy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on eBay based on a recommendation from someone on the boards, and I was not disappointed! It is significantly cheaper than Shiseido's mascara base, and just as good. I get the best results if I curl my lashes, apply a coat of the base and then follow up with mascara before the base dries. It keeps a curl all day and makes my lashes super fat and long. The only downside is that it is not readily available in the US so we have to buy online and wait for it to arrive from Hong Kong. I can't wait to try the new formula for 2007!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by toxik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry, I know i'm gonna pull down the overall rating of this mascara base.

But anyway, Mascara bases and I CANNOT WORK.

This mascara contains ALOT of fibres, which i believe is to lengthen your lashes.

Pros:

- Holds the curl REALLY well. The only thing I'm impressed about this product.

- Is slightly transparent (BUT NOT TRANSPARENT) with a whitish/greyish tint.

- EASILY removable by eye mu remover!!! Compared to that freaking Maybelline XXL, this is NOTHING.

Cons:

- Still able to see the whiteish/greyish tint after 2-3 coatings of my mascara. I have to coat alot of times just to get the unslightly colour covered.

- Does not make my mascaras result in less smudging.

**Update**: Changing rating to 3.5>4 (but MUA doesnt have such rating, lol). It doesnt deserve 4 lippies yet, maybe somewhere along 3.8, but i think i prefer to use mascaras along with this product nowadays. I can tell the difference when im using or NOT using this primer. Mascara-ed lashes look better (longer..) Changed option of repurchasing to yes, because this is the one of the better drugstore primers IMO. I'd say give it try if you can get your hands on it!

p/s: i often see people asking if there are any drugstore primers, i wanna type Kate, but this is not available in US

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ciuwawa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a bargain! Great product. Love the packaging, amazing value for money. It contains LOADS of fibres, so it really extends the lashes. using this with FIBERWIG mascara is unbelievable - Ultra long, luscious lashes.....
Fab.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by xhanabi

I like this base, it's quite nice. Helps hold a curl and has fibres for lengthening. I'd like to try the famous Shiseido The Makeup one soon to compare. But so far this is my favorite one. Got this around $10, pretty cheap :) I'll update this later when I try the Shiseido one

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by raidervamp_05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i seldom rave about products. but this thing here is amazing. haha. it hold the mascara for the entire day! and what most important that its rather cheap. for aroung SGD14. it works. and everyone has taken notice about my curly eyelashes. unfortunately, they dced in singapore, and i'll have to stock up in hk or m'sia, but i'll definitely repurchase. they make me want to use mascaras again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 2:17:00 AM More reviews by kiss_me83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe only 1 person has rated this product. I think it is a godsend for asians! It lengthens alot, and it holds curls the whole day, sometimes I wear my makeup for 12-13hrs, and the curls are still there at the end of the day.

The only downside is that it makes removing a pain in the arse, but for the sake of long, beautiful lashes, I could live with that =)

I'm not too sure how it compares to Shu Uemura, but I'm loving the quality and the pricing. A tube cost about 260 Thai Baht, RM 29 in Malaysia and 900 Japanese Yen.

This is how it looks like:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 3:35:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

got this from a kind angel from japan. white base filled with fibres. made my lashes slightly thicker & held my curl (created by shiseido curler). does *not* make your normal mascara waterproof. compared to lavshuca, this is cheaper (but the packaging is more boring - palin white) & retains the curl better.