August 2, 2014 | 872 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by LindseyB123

I like this when I use shampoo first, not without. It makes my hair greasy and weighed down :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Angela1013

I've read some reviews about this product making hair fall out, has anyone experienced this? I need feedback on this..

The last thing I need is my hair falling out as I have curly fine hair. I used this product for the first time yesterday before I read the reviews about hair thinning with repeated use of this cleanser, but my hair felt really soft and bouncy so, not bad. I find a little goes a long way on my hair, everyone says to use a lot, I used a few pumps and it did fine, you have to rinse really good. I love the Replenishing Treatment Mist and the deep conditioner that it came with, I think I will alternate with my Organix shampoo and see how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not pay for it, a friend gave me a small tube, thank goodness!! My scalp burned and itched after my first use. I had to rinse my head with cold-ish water a few hours afterwards to sooth it. It did make my hair look nice, but I am just slightly wavy and bendy, not curly or frizzy. I really wish I could like it because my hair looked and felt so nice, but hey, it just irritated my scalp. Also, I read QVC reviews (there are 250 plus) users of WEN stating that after long term use they noticed their hair falling out or thinning. I think I will stick to occassional use of L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner and my Body Shop Bananna Shampoo. I LOVE Body Shop products in general. They never irritate me. I tried it on a Sunday, it's now Wednesday and my head is still itchy ish days later :( Sorry Chaz, you won't be getting thirty dollars from me a month when I can just pay eight.

UP DATE: I had to stop using it all together. Not only did it burn and itch my scalp, but I tried it just on the ends a few more times and LOST hair. Even my fiance noticed my hair was thinner and he never notices anything beauty wise LOL! My strands were all over our white bathroom floor. Again sorry CHAZ, but I prefer my cheap Suave Coconut and Body Shop shampoos and conditioners, even my L'Oreal Cleansing Shampoo is way better than WEN :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Xrysali12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is great but it depends on how you style it and your air type. First off you need to use a large quantity for one wash. Secondly if you wanna blow dry straight this product isn't for you because your hair is over moisturized so the oils will just burn the hair from the heat. Thirdly, if you have hair that you don't need to style and with a little moisture you can just let it be and look wonderful well then this is for you. I have curly hair that is thin and a long thin face. I need to style it so I get more volume and often straighten so Wen does not improve my looks. Great product and idea but not for me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from the shopping channel and it was a big mistake. The costumer service was horrible when you try to cancel an order they hound you and say they'll send you some of their other products. Trying to cancel my second order was a nightmare. The cleanser it's self was pretty moisturizing but it wasn't worth the money. I'd buy this if it was cheaper and they sold it in stores where I could return it without any hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

Oh my God. Just - Oh my God. Please do yourself a favor and buy this. I swear to you that it is worth EVERY penny. I can't even tell you how absolutely amazing this product is. Short, sweet, and to the point - This will give you the softest and healthiest hair ever. GO BUY THIS!!! NOW!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by DAnneMolzan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say anybody who is getting a residue after washing isn't rinsing properly.
I have extremely course, dry brittle hair from highlighting for the summer. This stuff has saved my hair hands down. After usage I don't have to flat iron my hair any longer, so a win win in the long run as I am using less products and not using the flat iron.

I let the water run on your head for at least 1 minute (in the shower), after that I put 13 pumps in my hair, focusing on my scalp, then running the product through the ends, rinse then repeat but only using about 5 pumps, then I comb through (product still in hair) pin up with a clip and leave until I am done my shower. Rinse then put one pump in damp hair and then towel dry. This process has left my hair really clean and conditioned.

I paid $38.00 for the bottle, but I no longer have to buy Shampoo and Condition which ran me about $60.00 using Aveda so it is cheaper.

Would I purchase again, yes hands down!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Dannigiirl

First off I have very thick, coarse wavy color treated hair and it tends to frizz a lot. I saw the informercial and heard a lot of good reviews so thought I would give it a swing. At first it felt gross and My hair didn't feel clean at all and felt heavier than normal. I continued to use it for 2 weeks to see if there was any change. But it never grew on me. I DIDNT see any GOOD results and my hair became sticky and felt as if I didn't wash any conditioner out after it was dry. Another tid bit was that after I blow dried my hair and during flat ironing, it created a strong burnt hair smell! My hair was literally being burnt by this because of the residue being left in my hair!!! Even after it was washed out well! My hair didn't have the normal bounce and shine so had to stop. Once I went back to shampoo and my regular conditioner my hair felt normal again. Yes it still felt frizzy during humid days, but I have product that can control that. I'll deal with that, but I will never repurchase this and don't recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

When your husband sighs when he sees the sephora cashier girl ring you up for 45 bucks worth of hair product, you may be doing something very wrong. Or oh so right.

My hair? Dry, color processed into oblivion, flat, coarse. I have a lot of hair, but in volume it is lacking. I hate having stick straight hair that sticks onto my face. I often like hair that is tousled and looks slept in with some texture. My scalp is dry and in the winter it starts to flake like a mother. Every time i shower or brush my hair, i can literally hear hair breakage happen.

Before, i was using a tea tree oil shampoo from Kiehls and regular conditioner and then some drugstore styling products. It wasnt bad, but it wasnt ideal. My hair was so flat that i regularly curled it every night to give it some bounce. Of course, this probably made my hair condition even worse.

I heard about wen from a blogger and since her hair looks exactly like how gods hair would be, i decided to give it a try. Yes, its expensive as hades. I am the type of person who likes the mens 3 in 1 wash since it gets the job done and me out of the shower more quickly. Spending that much money on shampoo didnt sit well with my wallet, but i committed for a week and now am hooked.

1st day: saw very little change at first. I let it air dry, and my hair seemed much more shiny than before, but no noticable magic happened.

2nd use: hair is detangled easily without breakage. My hair looks more poofy, the desirable way. Very soft even after heating styling.

In between washes of every other day: no stinky oily hair, no flakes. WOW! That was my biggest problem. I would snowstorm on everyones black clothes until they slapped me away in disgust. My scalp was no longer over producing oil to make my hair limp.

My hair now is much softer, manageable, shinier. I dont know about color protection, since ive gone back to my natural black brown. My hair is tangle free and doesnt break as easily anymore.

I have to say that the required amounts of pump is ludicrous. I have hair down to my back, and i use about 5 pumps spit into two washes, with a nickle sized amount as leave in. The first few pumps, i evenly distribute on the scalp area, massage, and then rinse thoroughly. Repeat. Then, I wring the water out, comb that little bit of leave in through, add a little water, and then wring it all out again. Once a week, i use a clarifying shampoo and a strong leave in conditioner and let sit for an hour.

My hair is so soft and yet not a bit oily even on the second day. For best results, I rub a little bit of volumizing cream from the No Frizz grey bottle on and blow dry. For lazy summer days, I air dry and the results are very relaxed.

So yes, husband. My purchase is justified. Go away and use that 3 in 1.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Maggz2004

My hair type: I have naturally dark blonde hair that has been (lightly) lightened using Sun-in and Sheer blonde; it is a little damaged but not horrible. It is oily at the roots but pretty dry at the bottom, not thin or thick, and wavy. It is about mid back length.

Performance: I am very impressed with Wen for the 3 weeks I have been using it. I bought the Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner at Sephora. The smell is great and the mint gives a little tingle on the scalp (like Dr. Bronner's mint soap). I noticed a small difference the first time and gradually more each time I have used it since. I have played around with the number of pumps, how to massage/brush it in, rinsing it out, and found out that I prefer to use about 10 pumps, massage it in my scalp, let it sit while I wash my body, brush it with a wide tooth comb and then rinse it with cool water. A few times I blew my hair dry after experimenting and would have oily areas; this usually occurred when I either didn't use enough product or didn't rinse it out well. Now my hair is soft, well moisturized and looks great when it is styled or just air dried. Some people have claimed hair loss, I have not experienced this. I think combing your hair in the shower makes it look like you lose more but don't (just my opinion). The only other hair product I ever use is Moroccan Oil on the ends when I heat style. Which brings me to.. price...

Price: I paid around $32 at the time. I am almost half way through the bottle and it has been 3 weeks. I anticipate one bottle will last me 6 weeks to 2 months. It does replace shampoo and conditioner so I save money there. It has improved the health of my hair and my confidence which I believe is also valuable. It is sold by the gallon which makes the product cheeper per ounce. Everyone has a different experience so I would try a small bottle before spending $170 on a gallon.

I have recommended Wen to my mom and friends. I am very happy with my experience. I will continue to purchase and use Wen. I hope you will find this review helpful on your journey to great hair!