April 20, 2014 | 1688 users online

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by MayiraMia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by blondebarbie28

I recently received a bottle of this as a gift from my cousin,who is a hairstylist.This has 2 sizes,a 8oz and a 16oz.They want you to use like 16 pumps,which is way too much.I have extremely thick hair and its pretty long,and I only use 4 pumps.Since using this product,my hair is much more soft and shiny.It is very soft to the touch and I get many compliments on my hair.The only downsides is that this product stinks,bad.It is very minty and reminds me of medicated chapstick.The pump also doesn't work very well,it stops when the bottle is 2/3 gone.Overall,this is a very good product,and I would purchase.A little pricy,but it really is wonderful.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Rachel604

After seeing the infomercial, I was excited to try a sulfate and detergent free shampoo. I'm going away for a month this summer and I won't be able to shower everyday and I was hoping that this product would get my hair out of the "habit" of getting shampooed everyday.

Packaging: The reason why I gave the packaging such a low rating is because of the amount of product that is given in a "month's supply." The 355ml bottle would be more than enough but the instructions say to use 16 pumps for medium length hair. I have been using it every other day for the past 3 weeks and I am already completely out of product.

Product: The almond mint scent was pretty light and didn't really stick to my hair. I would have almost rather had a stronger scent because my hair always felt and smelled dirty while I was using this shampoo. The consistency was really heavy and didn't lather so I found myself needing the full 16 pumps just to be able to get it all over my hair.

How my hair felt: In short, my hair felt like crap.
I had just run out of a product I found at winners called muk which made my hair look and feel amazing. Winners stopped selling it so I decided to give wen a try. After my first use I noticed that there was a bit of residue left on my hair which made my hands feel waxy. After blow-drying my hair, it felt sticky and it was pretty tangly and somehow straighter than usual...almost looked like straw.
I spent extra time rinsing the product out of my hair after my first time using it but no matter how much I rinsed it (with my high pressure showerhead nonetheless) there was still this sticky, waxy residue on my hair. I resorted to tying it up most of the time and when I did have to wear it down, I would mix regular shampoo into it.

Overall this has not been a good month for my hair. It has been sticky, waxy, dull, limp and in a ponytail for most of the time...It also smelled pretty bad...

On the plus side, I have gotten out of the habit of shampooing so I guess wen did serve it's purpose for me even if I had to walk around for a month with dirty hippy hair.

I can't speak for everyone but I feel like this product would be better suited for people with extremely damaged hair. I can see it calming frizzy hair down because of the heavy formula and I'm sure it probably does make your hair healthier, but I started out with healthy hair already and I don't find that this product improved it's condition.

ps if anyone knows where to find muk hair products in Vancouver BC message me and I will love you forever! xoxo

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first product I've ever purchased where I was so frustrated and annoyed by it that I rushed out to return it and felt incredibly happy having gotten rid of it.

I decided to try it since I've been wanting to cut down on the products I use. I read up on reviews and understood that there were very mixed reviews, but since they had it at my local Sephora, I suppose it couldn't hurt.

WRONG.

The first washing went really well. My hair looked fantastic and was easy to manage. That's the only positive thing you'll read me say.

Subsequent washings went TERRIBLE, even after adjusting how much product I put in (10-15 pumps just seemed absolutely ridiculous to me for the price). I would scrub, and scrub, and scrub it out of my hair, but even a few hours later, my roots would be looking greasy. The top of my hair would then start to follow suit and I would lose and volume I had. After coming home from work one evening, I saw how bad my hair looked in the mirror and I immediately washed it. My old Head and Shoulders washed all the gunk out and made my hair feel fluffy and bouncy, as it should be!

I was so unimpressed with Wen, not only for the price, but for what it did to my hair. My hair usually isn't very oily, so this was very disappointing to see how it affected my hair.

I will NOT be repurchasing, and I'm so glad I got this out of my house!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by NYCShopaholic

I have a very full thick head of shoulder length somewhat fine & wavy hair that tend(ed) to frizz in any humidity. Like most women, I also color my hair. I'd tried every product out there to deep condition and anti frizz and nothing worked except those heavy gel type products that made my hair feel kinda crunchy, not soft & silky the way I wanted. So a few years ago I tried Wen. It has literally changed my hair! From the first try, my hair was soft & even in high humidity it did not frizz. Ive used it ever since and only wish I'd found it sooner. That said I don't think this Wen formulation is the right product for thin hair that needs volume. It's much too rich in emollients for that. But if you have hair that's tough to tame, wow, Wen Sweet Almond Mint really works. Yes, it's expensive but this one product replaces all the shampoo conditioner & styling products I used to rely on, and with much better results.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Lulu7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not what it's hyped up to be. I have thick coarse hair and I blowed dried my hair and it still looked frizzy that I had to put in product and flatiron my hair. The only thing I like is how minty it made my scalp feel and so I gave it a 2. Not worth the money and so hyped up.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by briel1995

I was really excited to try Wen despite the high price. The amount of product they want you to use is outrageous! Wen made my hair fall out, feel greasy, and fall flat. Not to mention when you reach the last 1/3 of the bottle, the pump does not work! The only good thing about this product is the smell!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is just meh. I used my mum's bottle for a week or so and it's not awful but for me it's no better than a really good drugstore conditioner. I absolutely would not give you 25 for a bottle. I really hate the smell - I don't get anything sweet almond, and the mind just makes it smell like toothpaste. Wouldn't purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is just ok. I have very long frizzy, curly hair. I washed my hair as directed every other day with this product and it took me 5 weeks to go through a whole bottle. This made no difference in my frizz at all. This just doesn't seem to work for my hair, I have other products that work better, I won't purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by BeetheBee

So, I have been using this cleansing conditioner since January, and I really don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't recommend buying it , especially because it costs so much for so little. And just an FYI, even if you like the product, I would avoid the Winter Vanilla Mint one...it smells like a urinal cake.