Pantene ICE SHINE

2.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PEG 60 Almond Glycerides, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I hate to be accusatory, but I have to wonder if the people who have written extremely negative reviews on this product are using it correctly. I only say this because I have spoken to many people who don't understand product buildup and how to get the most from your their haircare products.

My hair is currently bra-strap length, and it is very fine but thick. My hair had been colored, highlighted, permed AND relaxed all in a short amount of time. This is a tremendous amount of stress to put on any hair, but especially fine hair. My hair had gotten dry and frizzy at the ends, and I was very afraid I was going to have to cut it all off. I gave myself a couple of protein treatments and a lot of intense conditioning to strengthen and soften my hair. This improved my hair, but it still fell out in clumps in the shower. I probably lost at least 50 hairs every time I washed it. On top of that, my hair still looked dull.

So I decided to try Pantene Ice Shine. I know that all hair stylists advise against Pantene, but they are trying to sell you salon products and services, and they often don't tell you the whole truth. Through the years, I have spent a fortune on haircare. I've tried so many salon brands and drugstore brands, and truthfully, I've never been more impressed than I am with Pantene Ice Shine. The shampoo has a rich lather, and I feel that it cleans my hair very well. The conditioner is rich, and leaves my hair very smooth and shiny. I have gotten so many compliments on how shiny my hair is, and I never heard that before. But possibly the best part of this is that I am losing MUCH less hair in the shower. This is the opposite of what most other reviewers have said, but honestly, I went from 40-50 strands lost to about 5. That is just a ridiculous decrease. I am absolutely THRILLED.

Yes, Pantene builds up on your hair. Pantene contains waxes and silicones, and this is what coats and protects your hair and makes it shiny. This does NOT have to be a problem, however. Once a week, I clarify my hair. This is ESSENTIAL when using Pantene!!! I recommend this with all hair products, but especially with Pantene. I have a feeling that a lot of people leaving negative reviews are not properly clarifying, and of course this is going to weigh your hair down and cause you to lose hair. Clarifying is not expensive or difficult. I use Suave daily clarifying shampoo (which is excellent...the best I have used), and lather with about a quarter-sized amount, rinse, then use another quarter-sized amount, gently scrunch through the ends, let that sit for about 1 minute, then rinse very well. I follow this with a good deep conditioner.

If you follow these directions, I assure you your experience with Pantene will be far more positive. Don't hesitate to give it a shot because of some scary reviews or what your hairdresser said. You might be like me and be REALLY surprised.

I bought this basically because I thought the packaging was kind of sleek and cool looking. (used it with the matching conditioner) I wasn't really in need of shine in my hair but just wanted a regular shampoo. Well, not only did I not get shine, I didn't even get soft, clean feeling hair. This stuff left my hair dry as can be. Made it so hard to brush out tangles and just left it feeling lifeless. Kind of straw like really and every time I used it, I just wanted to wear my hair pulled back rather than down because it was so dull. Now it sits in my bathroom cabinet because I just hate throwing things away. :( I will not be buying it again!

I am not a fan of this product. Until about half a year ago, I consistently used this product for YEARS for as long as I could remember. However, the shampoo/conditioner made my hair fall out like crazy! When I was younger, it never seemed like my hair fell out a lot, but a year ago I noticed a large amount of hair loss. I seriously thought I was going to be bald...Before even finishing up my last bottle, I decided to stop using Pantene and try out Garnier Fructis. Now my hair does not fall out as much, and even my family has noticed the difference.

This is, hands down, the worst hair product I've ever used, along with the conditioner. All of Pantene's shampoos are incredily harsh and full of damaging chemicals but this just outdoes them all.

It makes your hair squeaky clean, in a bad way. I started getting huge white fluffy split ends after a week even though I use a treatment everytime I wash my hair.

The reason I went on using this is fairly ridiculous - this shampoo strips colour like nothing else. I had a rather nasty accident with a semi-perm box dye that turned my hair jet black instead of brown. I knew Pantene shampoos were harsh and started washing my hair with it, and my colour basically washed down the sink. 2 weeks after I dyed the water that rinsed from my hair was still brown. If you have coloured hair, DO NOT use this shampoo because it will strip your colour in no time.

0 lippies from me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I like it! This clear shampoo smells fresh & cleans my hair very well without leaving it feeling coated, greasy or stripped. My hair feels comfortable (if that makes sense to anyone) & feels primed for the matching conditioner which I apply next (it leaves my hair super-soft & silky!). Only $5 at Duane Reade (or $8 for the larger bottle). Great price! Happy to get good results. The shampoo is in a clear upright bottle & the conditioner is in a white opaque upside-down bottle. The flip-caps are virtually impossible to open! I have to use a towel to brace my thumb on the cap & practically break my hand getting it to open. At least I know they close securely. But I have to leave them open to avoid the struggle each time I use them. Terrible packaging, great product! Very light feeling hair, volume, sheen (I have colored brunette medium-thick hair that's crispy-damaged from over-bleached highlighting). My hair texture feels healthy & normal again, only BETTER.

this is the worst shampoo and conditioner EVER i tried it a year ago, and i was really excited to have shiny hair but it DRIED it out soo bad... very disappointing!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the reviewer below, though I never had a problem with hair loss. I stopped using this because it was very drying and it really damaged my hair in the long-run. Now my hair is really healthy and silky smooth because I started taking REALLY good care of it (heath protectant, coconut oil hair conditioner, Joico K Pak shampoo + conditioner, Chi Silk infusion, etc.) like never before. I really don't recommend this product because it will make your hair ends split and it will make your hair look really dry, dull and lifeless, thus extremely tough to style. Plus, I guess it is probably part of why my hair got so damaged. Probably wouldn't have needed all those extra products to pamper my hair if I haven't foolishly given this crap a shot.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pantene made my hair fall out!! I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for almost a year now, at first it was kinda ok, made my hair pretty shiny and clean-feeling. But after awhile, my hair started to look very dull and just gross, I started getting tons of split ends, and it became very difficult to style. In the past month or two, my hair started falling out way more than usual, my hairbrush is totally full of it. My hair looks wispy now :(. I began to suspect it might be Pantene's fault after hearing from a friend that Pantene is super bad for your hair, so I looked it up online and spent hours reading horror stories just like mine. Went right to my shower and threw that crap in the trash! Drove to the store and bought the Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner and OMG I LOVE IT. My hair feels like frickin silk, it styles really easily, it smells like yummy coconuts... and it doesnt fall out all over my bathroom floor!! Highly recommended. Anyways, I had forgotten what it felt like to have beautiful hair, so the moral of the story is DONT USE PANTENE!! It may look good for the first few weeks or months or whatever, but it is ruining your hair from the inside out, killing it slowly so you dont even realize it until BAM! Half your hair is down the shower drain. Beware!

Smells good but is a severely stripping shampoo, and even with the ice shine conditioner it has left my hair very dry. Smooth, but flyaway. I think this is a good clarifying shampoo for once a month or so,but other than that, it's dry-out city.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

PROS
-smells okay

CONS
-TONS of buildup
-doesn't really make my hair shiny
-makes my hair fall out
-and doesn't clean my hair at all

Top Rated Pantene Products