April 16, 2014 | 989 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - ICE SHINE

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by HunnyTanned

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is the worst shampoo and conditioner EVER i tried it a year ago, and i was really excited to have shiny hair but it DRIED it out soo bad... very disappointing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I agree with the reviewer below, though I never had a problem with hair loss. I stopped using this because it was very drying and it really damaged my hair in the long-run. Now my hair is really healthy and silky smooth because I started taking REALLY good care of it (heath protectant, coconut oil hair conditioner, Joico K Pak shampoo + conditioner, Chi Silk infusion, etc.) like never before. I really don't recommend this product because it will make your hair ends split and it will make your hair look really dry, dull and lifeless, thus extremely tough to style. Plus, I guess it is probably part of why my hair got so damaged. Probably wouldn't have needed all those extra products to pamper my hair if I haven't foolishly given this crap a shot.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by choxolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pantene made my hair fall out!! I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for almost a year now, at first it was kinda ok, made my hair pretty shiny and clean-feeling. But after awhile, my hair started to look very dull and just gross, I started getting tons of split ends, and it became very difficult to style. In the past month or two, my hair started falling out way more than usual, my hairbrush is totally full of it. My hair looks wispy now :(. I began to suspect it might be Pantene's fault after hearing from a friend that Pantene is super bad for your hair, so I looked it up online and spent hours reading horror stories just like mine. Went right to my shower and threw that crap in the trash! Drove to the store and bought the Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner and OMG I LOVE IT. My hair feels like frickin silk, it styles really easily, it smells like yummy coconuts... and it doesnt fall out all over my bathroom floor!! Highly recommended. Anyways, I had forgotten what it felt like to have beautiful hair, so the moral of the story is DONT USE PANTENE!! It may look good for the first few weeks or months or whatever, but it is ruining your hair from the inside out, killing it slowly so you dont even realize it until BAM! Half your hair is down the shower drain. Beware!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells good but is a severely stripping shampoo, and even with the ice shine conditioner it has left my hair very dry. Smooth, but flyaway. I think this is a good clarifying shampoo for once a month or so,but other than that, it's dry-out city.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by theycallmetragedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
-smells okay

CONS
-TONS of buildup
-doesn't really make my hair shiny
-makes my hair fall out
-and doesn't clean my hair at all

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never really used Pantene, because everyone kept telling me crap about how it supposedly coats your hair with wax or whatever... My mom has used Pantene products for years though, and she honestly has the thickest, shiniest hair I've ever seen on anyone outside of a hair commercial... so I decided to try it, because if it works for my mom it can't be that bad.

I got the Ice Shine because my hair is thin, dull, dry and anything but shiny. That and the fact that it was on sale.

Anyways. I was so excited to use it, and when I finally did, I fell in love. I'm definately sticking with this for a while. I dont know how well the shampoo works on it's own, but I use it with the Ice Shine conditioner (thats how it was designed to be used) and my hair SHINES. Like for real, my hair is soo over processed and dry lately I didn't think it would do much, but my hair is actually reflecting light (aka shine) and looks super healthy! I can't wait to wash my hair again. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by booyaga

Its ok... I guess. Doesn't really do much. But it does clean the hair nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for close to 3 weeks. I picked it up because I need to switch to a cheaper shampoo, and my hair's been messed up since pregnancy. My hair is fine but dense, falls flat easily, and gets greasy by the end of the day.

I would definitely not recommend this shampoo for those with dry hair. It does thoroughly clean. The first few times I used it my hair was rather tangly and dry feeling, but repeated use has made it a lot better. I am using this in conjunction with the conditioner. It seems to make my hair much smoother and less rough feeling, in fact it's so silky and shiny that I have a hard time keeping ponytail holders in! And I can't stop touching it. My hair does have tons of added shine too. I think I'm gonna try sticking with this one for a while!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by greech1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always had extremely healthy hair - thick, shiny, generally devoid of split ends. Then I went off to college, and I had to buy shampoo at the store on campus. I used Ice Shine for a month or two, and HUGE split ends had appeared in my hair, which was no longer shiny or manageable. Easily the worst product I have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by iloveelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried other Pantene products before, but I seem to have a very negative reaction to this one. My hair started getting split ends and falling off in large chunks during shower. I think it's an allergic reaction? Anyways I don't use Pantene at all. It smells great though!