August 20, 2014 | 906 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first purchased the Cream color because I didn't want to be shimmery like Translucent looked. The sales lady was no help for helping me so I just went with info off the internet. I used creme for about a month and half and got to be really curious about the Translucent color. My skin is balanced, but I can look dull/dry at times. I have about NC20ish skin, pretty fair/light, but the creme gave me a kind of beige cast that made me look darker. So I exchanged for the Translucent and I couldnt be happier!!! :D

The sparkles are so negligible its funny, I shouldn't have worried Id look like the Tin Man or Glitter girl. The Translucent imparts a... I don't want to say glow because when I think of glow I think bright, but more of an aura of pretty porcelain skin. There are no shimmery bits when you apply it, at all. Its just pretty, and if you have okay skin it'll work great for you as a finishing powder or a quick powder to take away shine for the day. The enclosed puff is very soft, if you use the puff you get more coverage, but I prefer to use a soft fluffy brush, Lancome mineral brush to be exact. I will definitely purchase this again!! Price is minimal, this tub will last me 6 months at least I'd say.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MM43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years I used Lancome Dual Finish in Matte Amande III, but recently switched to La Mer The Powder in Neutral. What's funny and may have been a coincidence, is that the first day I wore this powder a woman stopped me in the parking lot of Whole Foods and said that I have very beautiful skin. Wow, this stuff is good! But really, I believe that if the color is complimentary to your skin tone it will have a lovely effect. Neutral is a light, somewhat peach tone and thus, very flattering. The Powder has such a light, natural finish and does not provide very much coverage. What is does do is give a light, beautiful, ethereal finish. I should add that I use this over the La Mer SPF 18 Fluid Tint in Medium, which is another great product. While I don't buy into the marketing claims of La Mer creams and lotions, I am very impressed with the quality of their cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

I had wanted to try this but didn't want to pay the rip off prices that we have to pay for cosmetics here in australia. I patiently waited for a few months till my husband and I travelled to malaysia for a little holiday and I bought both Translucent and Creme. It is very finely milled, the finest I have come across so far, and therefore feels very light on the skin and is practically invisible on the skin. It sets foundation well and doesn't dry out my skin too much. It helps even out the skin. The Translucent is the lightest shade available and has little shimmers but aren't really noticeable on the face. It is neutral, slightly yellow based. It is suitable for NC10-NC20. Creme is the next lightest shade, it has pink and beige untertones, suitable for NC20-30. These are very good powders, but not anything special compared to the other high end powders I've tried, but I like these the most so far as it looks the most natural. Do not like the huge container though.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Crislyn

I purchased this a few days ago and, well, its powder. Yes, its finely milled and yes, the packaging is pretty, but its just powder. It imparts a slight little glow and makes my foundation set a little bit better, but I cant say it is anything special. I wanted it for weeks before I was finally able to make my way to Neiman Marcus to get it and I am disappointed. Dont expect it to impart an airbrush finish or produce any miracles..

Btw, translucent has not been discontinued and they just recently changed to packing from a glass jar to a plastic one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by stoopidquestion

Well, they discontinued the Translucent shade so I was roped into buying Creme. Too peachy and orange for my pale cool skintone. And let me tell you, I've owned a dozen different high end powders (Becca, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Lancome, Chantecaille) so I can also say that LaMer is NO different than all the rest out there. They are also finely-milled and give that not-so-elusive-anymore-thanks-to-technology gossamer finish. La Mer is JUST another brand shilling the same stuff you get elsewhere. And the packaging is a joke. Who needs three pounds of glass to hold loose powder? Can't travel with it. I give it a 3 point score for being good but it's average among its peers.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by emily261

Absolutely gorgeous. Luckily I have fair, very clear skin. All I need is something to even out my skin tone. Lately I have been trying lots of products- Benefit, Dior, Chanel- the last two which gave me a horrible allergic reaction! This is fantastic. I have it in Beige which is a little darker than my skin tone, but I use it with a brush to even out my skin tone then I'm out the door! It gives me a lovely colour as well. For a more polished look I'll use it over liquid foundation. Yes the jar is very heavy and cumbersome. But you get a lovely product. Light and lovely powder that will last you a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I quite like this powder. It is finely milled and leaves a really smooth surface on the skin after you apply it. No matter how much you apply, it looks super natural and it does not turn orange and keep some of the oil away (unlike when i use other kinds of loose powder). The color transparent is lighter than my skin tone but since the sales lady said it's the most natural and popular one, so i got this anyway. Might try another shade if i get it next time but it's super expensive. I think they have changed the package, from glass to plastic containers, but it's still very big and chunky so it's not very convenient if you bring it to travel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Recently purchased this loose powder in the Neutral shade after trying countless others that were promoted for working great on combo and oily skin types. Most other brands oxidized with my skin oils and turned darker and/or muddy appearance. Thus far, the powder has stayed true to color and has helped even out liquid foundations that also have turned darker/muddier after wearing for an hour or so. The powder itself is exceptionally fine milled and is even silkier than Cle de Peau Beaute's loose powder that many people have reviewed highly as well. I'm not such a fan of their color choice is a light pink hue that's supposed to disappear and blend into your skin, but I always get a whitish effect no matter how soft-handed I am at applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this is translucent and bronze (which I think they discontinued) I can't express how much I loveeeee this loose powder. It's great for us girls who don't like heavy makeup and who wants that glow. I find that la mers foundations are a bit too greasy for my oily skin but this powder is perfect. It basically doesn't have any coverage but totally evens out my skin. IMO the price is really good because for $65 you get a hugeeeee jar. Def recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Ok so I tried this for the first time this morning. While I was putting it on, it didn't seem like anything special. I was kinda disappointed at first. Then I left the house and started running my errands. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I had to look again. I couldn't believe how good my skin looked. I thought at first that the powder would not provide the coverage that I need but it does!! I have this in transluscent and it still covers! I'm in love with everything about it. I even love the box and container it came in! Gorgeous! Now, I'm just waiting for my Treatment Foundation to come and I'll review that later. Love this and will buy again!!