December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Flexitol - Heel Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by voodoochilde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a diabetic, I can't take good enough care of my feet. It used to worry me that my heels were dry and cracked to the point that it hurt to take a step at times. My husband asked a pharmacist what would be the best treatment for my heels and was told to buy Flexitol Heel Balm. Within three or four days of morning and night use, my heels are in fabulous shape. True, the scent isn't appealing, but for what it does for me, I don't even care. Besides, you can't really smell it that much after you throw on a pair of socks to lock in all that Flexitol goodness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by jma24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

like others have said this stuff is truly amazing. I wouldn't say i have terrible cracked feet or anything but after wearing flip flops all summer my feet were getting dry so i started using this everynight with cotton socks and then using a pumic stone in the shower in the morning and WOW what a difference! i never knew my feet could even be this soft, they are just as soft as my hands or any other skin on my body and they aren't dry one bit. even my boyfriend commented on how nice my feet looked and how soft they were. definitely give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jellybabythepinkcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It really does work like nothing else. Softens the feet wonderfully. I have never been patient enough to put the same cream or lotion on my feet more than a week. Because they never really worked! With Flexitol I started seeing the improvement in the first few days. I then knew it was worth taking the time and applying the cream every night. I have been using it now for a few weeks and my feet look much much better.
There is another positive thing about this cream is that it is reasonably priced. Try it. You probably won´t be disappointed.

Update: I have been using a tiny amount on my hands and nails lately. Use it only once a day and it is enough to keep my hands moisturized.. And it works better than any cuticle cream I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by s2casey

No cracks, but my tootsies were really getting rough and dry. God a great deal on this product from Amazon. I am only using it at night and have seen a major difference in a couple weeks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff saved my heels! It works a lot better than Vaseline and has made my feet so soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Based on the great reviews here, I got some this last week for my husband, and tried it myself. WOW what a difference. I'm throwing out all my other heel and foot creams.

I've been thinking I had chronic athletes foot and was applying Tinactin twice daily, along with moisturizer because the Tinactin alone was too drying but still having trouble. I use a Ped Egg and a pumice to exfoliate which helps a bit.

One application of this at bedtime and again before putting on cotton sox in the morning and my heels are healed! No more itching.

I'm continuing to apply this once a day, and will for some time to come. The cracks are a lot better and the deep scales are less. I will continue the pumice routine and Ped Egg if I need it, but this seems to be fixing the problem nicely.

My husband loves it too. I will update this review since it's only been a week and I trust reviews that include updates, not just initial impressions. But based on our combined experience with this cream this week, it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by m241187n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG and will be repurchased many times!!!

This brand is not highly recognized (I had no idea it existed until it saved my skin…). My sister was the one who got it first and now I’m a Flexitol addict!

2 years ago, during the winter, I was forced to spend a great deal of time outdoors. Winters in Israel aren’t harsh, but my sensitive skin gets dry from the slightest breeze. So, after a few days in the “cold” my lips started bleeding and my hands hurt from the severe dryness. Then, came Flexitol!

The lip balm saved my lips after one application, and I’ve been using it every night before I go to bed- haven’t had chapped lips since (and will never have them again…as long as they keep making this stuff).
Same goes for the hand and heel balms- they are the best things to use before bed time. Most of the time, I wear sandals (it is the Middle East after all…) and I’ve never had dry heels since I started using this stuff. As for hands, I work wearing latex gloves (Med…) and since discovering Flexitol, haven’t had real dryness issues with my hands.

The only CONS: all three balms have a smell, but I don’t mind since I only use them before bed time. The packaging isn’t attractive (but, it’s more of a medical balm…so thinking it would look like Chanel packaging is stupid). Also, the hand and heel balms don’t absorb well- but do a great job of treating dryness, so again- I don’t mind.

So, all in all- I would recommend this to everyone (based on numerous hugs from friends who now can’t live without this stuff, just like me…). If you use this stuff every night- you will never have dry skin again, plus- its dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by amy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe this product also goes by Eulactol Heel Balm, made in Australia.

It's a great product, a bit gritty and greasy, so you have to let it dry a bit if you want to put it on during the day, so it doesn't stain your leather lined shoes. But it works really well. As advised, do put it on at night and wear some light cotton socks.

A fantastic product, great price. If only I could get my parents to stick with using it daily!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 5 years now and I've recommended to everyone I know. It really works; my heels were severely dry and used to crack, but since I started using this product that was no longer an issue. My routine now includes using my ped-egg, taking a shower and then slathering this on my feet and wearing socks a few nights a week. It really softens your feet which can be rather painful when they get super dry. Also, because this keep my heels soft and non-flakey I only need to get pedicures once every 2 months as opposed to once a month. The smell....It's pretty bad, but because the product works I'd have to say it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by AGeorgiaMember

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff actually does what it says it will do--cures horrible painful cracks, or just plain dry feet. How refreshing.

No hype here--the photos of nasty cracked feet on the box might have come from a dermatology textbook. Don't let that put you off. This product is about substance, not style.

Open it up. Don't waste time smelling or looking at it too closely. The color and scent aren't awful, but it's not that Creme de Mer or whatever it's called. Just massage it into your feet. Let it dry a little bit. It's a tad sticky, but not bad.

Then, put on your socks and prepare to be amazed. I can't remember how quickly it works, but I'm sure you'll feel moisturized within the hour, and healed more quickly than with any other foot product.

There are other products out there that contain urea, the magical ingredient. However, few contain the high concentration of urea found in this product---I think it's 25%. CVS has a generic substitute that works okay, and I think I saw something similar at Sally's, but I'd stick with the real deal. It's not that expensive. Anything this popular that's so unattractive must be good!