Lansinoh Lanolin

100% pure lanolin

on 12/31/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

price: just under $10 at walmart. the tube will last a LONG time-- years, i'd say
packaging: a squeeze tube. its not made to be a lip product, and the tube is perfect for its intended use.

my lips are the kind that always seem to be dry. in high school i applied lip products religiously-- every 20 minutes i was putting something on. in all fairness, i HAVE been on accutane a handful of times, so i imagine if my skin has been permanently dried out a bit, my lips probably are as well. for this reason, i've never been a fan of lipstick. no matter how much i exfoliate my lips before putting it on, it never looks good.

there HAVE been some other lip products i've been happy with. i really like chagrin valley's avocado butter. its cheap, and goes on soooo nicely. BUT, its sometimes too think for my taste, and comes in a pot thats inconvenient. i also like burts bees-- the acai berry one, ONLY the acai berry one. and if i remember to apply either of those once or twice a day my lips would be fine. not perfectly smooth or anything, but comfortable.

so far i have very high hopes for this. its a lot thicker than i expected it to be, and the 1st time i put it on i put on WAAAAAYYYY too much. lesson learned! it has (for me, at least) absolutely no taste. and this is hard to explain, but it sinks in AND sits on top of my lips. i imagine if i only put on the TINIEST bit it would probably all skink in, but i like to have some extra to continue to rub in every so often. I've only been using this for a couple of days, but so far i'm thinking this is my HG lip treatment!

i'll update tihs again later after i experment with using less and with using it with lipstick and with wearing it overnight. wish me luck!

on 12/4/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a very think, very long lasting lip balm. I would not say it actually moisturizes, it stays on top of lips and protects them. This is good when going out in the extreme cold, or doing sports or other activities where you cant reapply (like working in a hospital!!). Cause its probably the only thing that will stay completely on the entire time.

So I was running all over walmart trying to find lanolin and all this time it was hidden under a different name in the baby section: Nipple Cream haha!

I have not tried it on my nipples because I havent had a baby yet :( so I dont know how it works for that but Id imagine it would be very uncomfortable and sticky agains your bra haha!

and no one would ever rebuy it, it will last like 7 years!!

on 12/4/2012 10:32:00 PM

This really is a very good 'secret'. I tend to use it at night before I go to sleep, and most often wake up thereafter with perfectly moisturised, slightly plumper lips.

One lippy off because I find that using this as an overnight treatment, unlike Nuxe Reve de Miel balm, does not guarantee that I won't need to use any more lipbalm throughout the rest of the day.

on 12/2/2012 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Some advice for those actually using this product as a nipple ointment, i would recommend this over the increasingly popular lucas's paw paw ointment as a midwife advised me that the fermented paw paw can contain microbes and other things which under normal usage is totally fine but when b/feeding it may make your nipples more prone to infection. This is really important if you've suffered from the horryfying pain of sore cracked nipples (like i have) or mastitis (god forbid i won't suffer this!), and whether the advice is true or not i thnk, why take chances? (i can use Lucas's for my lips!)
I find lansinoh very soothing and it lasts on the nipple very well, protecting the very tender skin when you first start breastfeeding and even now when they have 'toughened up' somewhat it reduces the sharp stabby pains after feeding (know what i'm talking about ladies?!) In my opinion it is indespensible, and if your not b/feeding why not grab a tube as a gift for an impending mother, it will be one of the most useful gifts they'll recieve, especially if your like me and just thinking about surviving labour and kind of forgetting that at end of it you will have one very hungry baby that wants just wants to be fed 24/7!

on 11/15/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I would buy this again a MILLION times over. I picked it up at a drug store 40 grams for $12. My lips were incredibly dry, and so was my facial skin. I have tried a multitude of products, but none of them worked. Not like this. The side of my lip had gotten so dry, even with constant application of chapstick, that it was bleeding. I put this one and in six hours my lips wear better, with in 24 hours, healed. My facial skin got dry and flaky and I tried this all over my face, over night the flaky stopped. Nothing had stopped this before. This was fantastic. Obviously some people have allergies and I would not recommend this for them. Because of this, I can wear lipstick. Before I was about to give them up because my lips just cannot handle any lipstick.

on 10/27/2012 1:44:00 PM

This may sound funny, but I use this on my nostrils with my nasal pillow cpap mask, it is petroleum free (safe for the mask), keeps the skin from getting chapped and the tube lasts forever.

on 10/24/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is very similar to Dr. Lipp but about $4 dollars less for twice as much product. I like how thick and heavy this is. It really locks in the moisture. The only problem I have with this product is the packaging; the flip top lid could fit a little more snuggly. Other than that, this ointment is a winner.

on 10/22/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff was a life saver in regards to breastfeeding. I then read how this can also be used as a lip balm. Works great. Just a little goes a long way. I prefer it to Carmex now. It also works great for cuticles.

on 10/22/2012 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I discovered this late into my breastfeeding with my 1st born, it was such a lifesaver! So by the time i had my 2nd then 3rd kids i was well prepared with my lil tube of this stuff :)

on 10/22/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Nothing else heals my cuticles when they are chapped and split. Or prevents them from cracking. I massage this ointment on before typing and when I'm finished, my cuticles feel nourished and comfortable. I apply this on my cuticles too just before removing nail polish so they don't dry out. I always buy the travel sized packets so I can take them with me anywhere.

Top Rated Lip Treatments