Cover Girl Lash Exact Waterproof

3.9

on 4/16/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

FINALLY found my HG mascara. I used to be in love with Maybelline Sky High Curves WP and Revlon's LashTint, but of course both are discontinued (what are the chances?). Anyway, I've tried the high end stuff (Dior, Clinique, MAC) but none has worked wonders like this one. The brush is a rubbery plastic and separates every lash. it's buildable so you can give it the appearance of falsies. The best part, it does not smudge or flake. It's pretty much a replica of LashTint. AND, it HOLDS THE CURL!!!! Yup, I've found it.

on 4/2/2011 8:04:00 PM

I am Asian and I have long but straight eyelashes. I always had problem finding mascara that holds the curls. I've tried department store brands (EL, Clinique, Lancome etc) and drugstore brands (Maybelline, Loreal etc) and nothing holds the curl until I got Shiseido mascara base. but after Shiseido discountinued the mascara base and replaced with a new formula, I read the review about it no longer holds the curl and I almost freaked out, coz that was the only thing working for me! A friend recommended Covergirl lash exact the waterproof one and she said it holds the curl. So I tried it and it does! I'm so glad I found this one. Now I no longer need to wear mascara base. It doesn't clump up like its name indicates. it lengthens the lashes a little bit and doesn't seem to add much volume. but those are not my main concerns. I can't wear any mascara that's gonna weigh down my lashes coz it doesn't matter how much volume or length it gives me, if it uncurls my lashes it won't look good!

I'm always looking for a mascara that is smudgeproof. I have oily eyelids and I tend to get raccoon eyes even with waterproof mascara. So, I usually look for smudgeproof mascaras, not waterproof because waterproof mascaras are supposed to fend off water, not oil.

I bought this mascara with high hopes because a lot of people said that it stays put all day and does not smudge. However, I wore this mascara to a 4 hour interview, and when I left, I noticed black smudges beneath my eyes. I'm sure I must have left a great impression....

The mascara holds a curl VERY well and does not clump, which I liked. However, it was really difficult to remove the mascara, even with an oil-based remover. Another thing: I don't like waterproof mascaras because they're so difficult to remove.

So it's a good mascara, but still smudged on me and was impossible to remove. I will not repurchase.

on 3/3/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara!! It's great for defining my lashes. It doesn't add volume, but that's okay. I've found that mascaras that add volume tend to de-curl my lashes, and this one definitely does NOT do that. It kept up a beautiful curl all day, really defined each lash (great, small, skinny applicator brush), and the black color of course darkened them and made them stand out. I think it also lengthened them, as well. It's great for during the day time. I'd wear it at night, too, but I might want something else to amp up the volume. Nah... I'd probably still wear this and just add false lashes!

I haven't tested this one the same way I've tested others - wearing it to class, which involves a lot of reading and looking down throughout the day, and then checking to see if the mascara smudges embarrassingly underneath my eyes. But as soon as I do to and test it's waterproof-iness, I'll update this review.

I'm so glad I bought this! I bought it due to a beauty blogger's recommendation, and her eyelashes are similar to my Asian eyelashes (straight, kind of sparse).

on 2/28/2011 11:35:00 PM

i love this mascara. Seriously who buy high end mascara any more when drug store mascaras are just as good if not better. This is wayy better than some of the high eng mascara i have used such as bad gal from benefit. It holds the curl, separates, lengthens my lashes; it does every it's supposed to WELL. awesome...

on 2/24/2011 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara! New HG. But I didn't mean to buy this initially, was looking for Volume Exact instead but for some reason I had a brain fart and went for the wrong item. Length is something I do not really need, my lashes are long, I just need to fatten them up and keep them curled.

True to its claims, this does not clump on me. It separates wonderfully while adding, yes, length to my lashes and decent volume. It's a great daytime mascara. I think it adds extra punch to your eyes without it necessarily looking over the top. I can build it up without clumping, too. The brush is thin and has short, stubby plastic bristles, I find it easy to maneuver and can even get into the outer lashes but I have to use the very tip only.

Overall, a definite keeper. I'll try VE next and see if its just as great.

on 2/23/2011 5:40:00 PM

This lengthened pretty nicely, it depends on how much you build it up on the top. On whether or not it clumped, when you apply it in a zig zag motion its more likely to clump so I didn't do it. Although it was a nice mascara, the reason i wouldn't purchase it again is because it made my eyes itchy. I had to take it off an hour later. It smudged a little bit, but that isn't because of this mascara, its cause my eyelids are super oily lol. This held the curl on my asian lashes.
I'm going to stay away from most covergirl mascaras, they tend to make my eyes itch like crazy. Very sad :(, their formula's are pretty nice :). Not very much volume but it didn't make my eyelashes look spidery or anything.

this mascara is really good. it held my curl all day long, no flaking or smudging. no clumping whatsoever. makes my lashes look really good. i am asian, with short and thin barely there lashes. Used my shu lash curler, and only one coat of this mascara, and it looked great all day. i also really love the size of the brush. it really allowed me to get every lash and i was able to wiggle it more than with mascaras with the bigger brushes.
like estee lauder sumptuous, and benefit bad gal.

i've tried a bunch of mascaras, and even though i don't really like spending a lot of money on mascaras, i do splurge occasionally. however, even trying high end mascaras such as YSL Faux Cils, Dior Extase, MUFE smokey lash, benefit badgal, estee lauder sumptuous, buxom lash, majolica majorica lash frame expander... i've never found an amazing mascara that could justify the high end price...
even with drugstore mascaras, i've never found one HG mascara. i do however, like maybellines full and soft, and the covergirl lashblast but i am really really liking this one. $6 CAD at walmart, i like this better than the full and soft and the lashblast. i think it's mainly due to the size of the brush.
great mascara, highly recommend you try it.

on 2/11/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This a great everyday, natural look, mascara. No clumps, no flakes. Just defined, seperated, and slightly lengthened lashes. Does not dry out quickly, brush stays clean, doesn't sting eyes! and price is very affordable.

on 1/15/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this mascara. I'm one who prefers length and curl over volume, and this one does the job for me. I always choose waterproof mascaras (I yawn ALL the time and my eyes always get teary!) so I picked this one over the non-waterproof version. This is probably my favorite next to Full 'n Soft (also waterproof!) by Maybelline.