April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I love this mascara! New HG. But I didn't mean to buy this initially, was looking for Volume Exact instead but for some reason I had a brain fart and went for the wrong item. Length is something I do not really need, my lashes are long, I just need to fatten them up and keep them curled.

True to its claims, this does not clump on me. It separates wonderfully while adding, yes, length to my lashes and decent volume. It's a great daytime mascara. I think it adds extra punch to your eyes without it necessarily looking over the top. I can build it up without clumping, too. The brush is thin and has short, stubby plastic bristles, I find it easy to maneuver and can even get into the outer lashes but I have to use the very tip only.

Overall, a definite keeper. I'll try VE next and see if its just as great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LehCarRachel

This lengthened pretty nicely, it depends on how much you build it up on the top. On whether or not it clumped, when you apply it in a zig zag motion its more likely to clump so I didn't do it. Although it was a nice mascara, the reason i wouldn't purchase it again is because it made my eyes itchy. I had to take it off an hour later. It smudged a little bit, but that isn't because of this mascara, its cause my eyelids are super oily lol. This held the curl on my asian lashes.
I'm going to stay away from most covergirl mascaras, they tend to make my eyes itch like crazy. Very sad :(, their formula's are pretty nice :). Not very much volume but it didn't make my eyelashes look spidery or anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

this mascara is really good. it held my curl all day long, no flaking or smudging. no clumping whatsoever. makes my lashes look really good. i am asian, with short and thin barely there lashes. Used my shu lash curler, and only one coat of this mascara, and it looked great all day. i also really love the size of the brush. it really allowed me to get every lash and i was able to wiggle it more than with mascaras with the bigger brushes.
like estee lauder sumptuous, and benefit bad gal.

i've tried a bunch of mascaras, and even though i don't really like spending a lot of money on mascaras, i do splurge occasionally. however, even trying high end mascaras such as YSL Faux Cils, Dior Extase, MUFE smokey lash, benefit badgal, estee lauder sumptuous, buxom lash, majolica majorica lash frame expander... i've never found an amazing mascara that could justify the high end price...
even with drugstore mascaras, i've never found one HG mascara. i do however, like maybellines full and soft, and the covergirl lashblast but i am really really liking this one. $6 CAD at walmart, i like this better than the full and soft and the lashblast. i think it's mainly due to the size of the brush.
great mascara, highly recommend you try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a great everyday, natural look, mascara. No clumps, no flakes. Just defined, seperated, and slightly lengthened lashes. Does not dry out quickly, brush stays clean, doesn't sting eyes! and price is very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I'm one who prefers length and curl over volume, and this one does the job for me. I always choose waterproof mascaras (I yawn ALL the time and my eyes always get teary!) so I picked this one over the non-waterproof version. This is probably my favorite next to Full 'n Soft (also waterproof!) by Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by thiscowsgotmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried Covergirl's Lash Exact in the regular/non-waterproof version, and it was less than spectacular for me.

...However, the waterproof version is really good! I wish I could give this a 4.5, because it's not my FAVORITE mascara ever, but I really like it.
I, by no means, have super long or super voluminous eyelashes. I would probably say it's because I am of Oriental Asian descent, and Asians typically aren't gifted in the eyelash department. That being said, my eyelashes are pretty decently-lengthed and volumized for an Asian. (They don't point downward and aren't stick-straight, even though they're pretty straight)

In any case, this mascara is my go-to mascara for everything. Even for special occasions, I will usually use a mascara primer, then the Lash Exact waterproof, then another mascara of choice for extra "oomph". This mascara holds a curl INCREDIBLY. I take 3-4 hour naps in this stuff pretty often, and trust me, when I wake up, my eyelashes are still perfectly curled and there are no flakes under my eye. My eyeliner usually is smudged, but my mascara looks exactly the same from when I applied it in the morning. That was the deal-sealer for me.

I have this in "Very Black" and it is a very intensely pigmented mascara, and very buildable. You could do one coat for everyday looks, or you could build on if you wanted to. It NEVER clumps (which I hate in mascaras! I have tried many higher-end brands like Lancome Definicils, Dior Extase and MUFE Smoky Lash-which is really good overal, but can get pretty clumpy), and I can honestly say I prefer using Lash Exact waterproof, just because it's a clump-free formula, holds the curl extreeeemely well, and I can get both length and volume out of it. I know it's not marketed as a volumizing mascara, but for me, it definitely helps with volume.

The brush is purple and plasticky/rubbery and spiky, which some people find weird, but I really like it. It bends easily, which allows the wand to really get into the weird eyelashes on the inner and outer corner as well as the roots.

The mascara is nicely packaged in a sleek purple tube with silver words with a blue marking around the tube, indicating that it's waterproof.

I scored this mascara for 2 US dollars- a total steal. It is typically around 7 dollars, but is often featured in BOGO sales or with extra coupons.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by yellowmeow

GREAT FOR HOLDING CURLS. This is among very few mascaras that are able to hold my curls all day. I have very straight stubborn asain lashes and alot of mascaras, high or low ends, always straighten out my lashes, even when i use a lash curler. This mascara reminds me of my HG Shiseido Lasting lift mascara. So glad i found a cheaper alternative, all thanks to Jen from From Head To Toe. In terms of volume and lenght, it is not so great. It really depends on what you want in a mascara. I think those who wants something that will hold thier curl all day long will love this product. A volumizing mascara can be applied after this mascara to achieve volume and length. The LashBlast waterproof is also great at holding curls.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by babyazn87

HG! I finally found a decent mascara! It holds the curl really well (i have straight asian lashes. I curl them w my shiseido eyelash curler, then put about 2 coars of the mascara and at the end of the day, my lashes still look fantastic (:
It lengthens and volumizes my lashes also. It doesn't clump either, and I do not get the spider looking lashes.
Edit: I noticed the mascara smudges, and it is pretty hard to remove. I am soo sad because I thought I found a mascara I will buy again. ):

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by piggy1015

Can not rave about this mascara enough! I have tried nearly 10 mascaras in my life, and this is BY FAR the BEST so far. I have straight fair-lengthed Asian lashes, and after curling with my Shu Uemera, I coat just one layer of this and my curls lasts ALL DAY. Looks so natural, lengthens, and does not clump/flake at all! The only thing is it's not dark or volumizing, but this would be great if you are going for a work/school day type of look. BUT if you want to apply more coats so that your lashes will look thicker and whatnot, feel free to do so because with this, you are able to without any problems. THE ONLY TUBE OF MASCARA THAT I HAVE HAPPILY CLEANED OUT :) Also, although it's waterproof, it is very easy to remove with just a few swipes of my cleansing towelettes! Wonderfulll as opposed to the Lash Blast waterproof which is no doubt, a makeup removers nightmare! I'm on the hunt for a new drugstore mascara, but i only have 3 in mind as of now, and I am quite sure already that none of them will be better than this. Oh well, will probably be going back to this one eventually :) I just dont understand why the Lash Exact doesn't have as many raves as it deserves :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by FYI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff... I had been using another Cover Girl mascara (can't remember the name) and liked it too but it started flaking on me (probably needed a new tube). So I decided to try this instead and am so glad I did. It doesn't smudge,flake or clump for me AND, this is y favorite part, after I apply it, I let it dry and curl my lashes and it makes them BEAUTIFUL!!! AND, the curl lasts.

I'll definitely buy it again.