September 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Palettes - E.L.F. - Elements 4-pan Compact

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These little things are a great find. As everyone has said, they make perfect MAC quads, but with differently shaped singles I have, I just pop out the insert and stick the magnetic card down with a drop of glue at each corner.

The mirror is handy, but the best thing about these quads (besides the price) is that they're white, so you can write on the cover with a Sharpie to identify what's inside.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by missnewname

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These pearl white mirrored empty palettes are awesome. Only $1 each! I found them in person at Target so I didn't have to pay anything for shipping. You can't buy anything for a dollar these days! Boy, I'm cheap.
I wasn't aways this way. I did the Stila thing like a baller where I spent about $15 for an ugly empty plastic silver case... it seemed like a good idea at the time. The new me doesn't like spending much to buy meta-clutter for my clutter, even if it's a hobby. I had never depotted my MAC eyeshadows before because I wanted them to have a proper container. I did the CD case project with my NARS makeup out of necessity (horrible disintegrating goo packaging!) and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It looks dumb and not very protected. I am so glad I found these. They fit MAC/Jane/Milani/Claire's/Smashbox/Lorac and more... It looks like other MUA'ers have even removed the slots to fit different shaped e/s in the palette. If I can find more I might move my NARS into them.I think the quality is great. I like the white color and even that it was a little bit "eh" looking because it inspired me to make them gorgeous with my Sailor Moon transfers. :-D Without the decoration they would just say "E.L.F elements" which isn't offensive or anything. This is one of my favorite things that I've purchased all year!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Elizett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These compacts really come in handy and they are quite cheap for $1, like cmon where else do you get this for a $1. I would definitely continue buying more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by stephanielove13

I'd buy this over and over again. For a buck, this is super cheap and great for on the go. You can fit other brand eyeshadows in there and they're much cheaper than other quad palettes. The eyeshadow applicator that it comes with can get a little annoying since I don't use it so I prefer to take it out. The mirror is big. I'd definitely go and pick one up if you want an eyeshadow quad but don't want to spend a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by b8g8

Solid compact. Amazing value for the price. Great if you're a pro at depotting and you want to take some things to go. Note: Don't bother with E.L.F.'s single-shadow offerings, they're terrible. Definitely don't bother putting a disposable eyeshadow applicator sponge in here either, they're awful too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

first of all, as im reading throught the reviews im findng a lot of people basing their reviews on the eyeshadow pans that elf sells to go inside this, giving low ratings because the pigmentation of the elf eyeshadows are poor or there isnt a huge range of colors. its totally unfair to base the review of this compact on separate eyeshadows sold by elf, your review should solely be on the quality and use of the compact alone

anyways, i bought two of these from the elf website and i love them. theyre perfect for holding all different eyeshadows, whether my mac ones or ud ones. the quality is excellent, very sturdy though i feel the mac 4 pan palettes are a tiny bit sturdier. as long as you dont drop this palette numerous times a day though, you should be fine. the mirror is a nice addition. if you want a clear lid, its pretty obvious that this compact isnt for you. it really helps you save money because it allows you to buy pan form mac eyeshadows saving $7.50CAD per eyeshadow which really adds up after buying four or five of them and all you have to do is pay an extra dollar for the compact. its completely worth it to me. it has a better value over buying the mac 15 pan palette too if you calculate it out.

overall, great sturdy compact thats a real space and money saver. my only gripe is the ridiculous shipping fee to canada (you cant get this in stores here, so the shipping fee adds onto the price) but if you order with a friend and split the cost its not that bad

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Shestring4life

Amazing for the price, fits mac shadows!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this compact. Has a nice weight, a huge mirror, and space for 4 magnetic eyeshadows (MAC actually fits in this palette) And it's only a dollar! Will definitly re-buy should this one break.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this. I love the white minimalist design..its so anit-MAC!

It is easy to hold, just the right size and I love that I will be able to switch out colors and carry it along in my purse.

Gonna buy more and more and more again, again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I, too have the problem that my quads don't lock shut as they should! They open easily. Besides that, I keep in my temporarily depotted eyeshadows in there until I get them a permanent home. $1 is a complete steal. The plastic divided is easily popped out, but you have to glue down the metal pan.